By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - the essential top 10 games every gamer should play

CGI-Quality said:

I haven't really seen anyone act like it's some "big breakthrough" in gaming. People have said it made others take a second look at the formula (and listening to Capcom, Peter Molyneux, Cliffy B, Kojima, & Ubisoft prasie it's style, one can draw such a conclusion), or that gamers should play it. They all said it inspired them in some form or fashion for the future. I don't assume you follow news on HR, obviously I do, but nobody has tried to make it out to be something more than that.

You can have your annoyances, but let people be and list what they want. I respect your outlook (though I thoroughly disagree with much of your reasoning for jumping on it), but you won't find me getting on your case about it.

Well some others on various sites do try to paint this as some new breaktrhough in gaming. If those you meant don't do that, I don't have a beef with them about it.

And it wasn't the listing that I was calling on, but the reasons for the listing. Hey, if you have a thing with a reason on the list I just made, you can let me know as well.

A flashy-first game is awesome when it comes out. A great-first game is awesome forever.

Plus, just for the hell of it: Kelly Brook at the 2008 BAFTAs

Around the Network
CGI-Quality said:

My defense for HR has mainly been it's seeking of change. No, it isn't this gen's biggest breakthrough (I actually give that credit to the Wii), but like HR, Nintendo knew that change was necessary to get the ball rolling again.

Will HR cause such a ripple in the industry, absolutely not (that's a different kind of change), but it's concept of change and maturity are what got my mind in gear and my heart so engaged.

Hey, at least you made a good argument there.

A flashy-first game is awesome when it comes out. A great-first game is awesome forever.

In no specific order:

• Chrono Trigger
  • Wii Sports
  • Tetris
  • Super Mario Bros.
  • Valkyrie Profile
  • Terranigma
  • Sonic the Hedgehog
  • Zelda: Ocarina of Time
  • Metroid Prime
  • Starcraft

forest-spirit said:

In no specific order:

• Chrono Trigger
  • Wii Sports
  • Tetris
  • Super Mario Bros.
  • Valkyrie Profile
  • Terranigma
  • Sonic the Hedgehog
  • Metroid Prime
  • Starcraft

I really demand that S-E release that game and its two predecessors on the VC.

LordTheNightKnight said:
forest-spirit said:

In no specific order:

• Chrono Trigger
  • Wii Sports
  • Tetris
  • Super Mario Bros.
  • Valkyrie Profile
  • Terranigma
  • Sonic the Hedgehog
  • Metroid Prime
  • Starcraft

I really demand that S-E release that game and its two predecessors on the VC.

Yeah, VC will never be complete without those.