By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Mario games are 12 for 12 this gen -- All million-sellers

LordTheNightKnight said:
"Would the various Mario spin-offs have been successful if they only released in Japan? Capcom x Namco didn't really have impressive sales, nor did those Chocobo games (Aside from the first Chocobo Dungeon game). Had most of those Mario games not come stateside, worldwide, then I probably wouldn't even be commenting on Mario in the first place."

Now it's not just multiple genres, but those released here?

Your complaints aren't valid if you keep changing the rules.

And you STILL HAVEN'T ANSWERED MY QUESTION.

First read my whole posts, and not just snippets that catch your eye, because even I'm beginning to lose my train of thought with you!

Around the Network

gosh, mega man sucks now.

They need to flesh out the game to FPS and make it like Halo but with end room bosses. rofl

I am WEEzY. You can suck my Nintendo loving BALLS!

MynameisGARY

Good for N and Mario. Does anyone know where I can buy a sealed copy of Parnters in Time. Wanna buy a new copy, but ono one has it in the area.

Getting an XBOX One for me is like being in a bad relationship but staying together because we have kids. XBone we have 20000+ achievement points, 2+ years of XBL Gold and 20000+ MS points. I think its best we stay together if only for the MS points.

Nintendo Treehouse is what happens when a publisher is confident and proud of its games and doesn't need to show CGI lies for five minutes.

-Jim Sterling

Oh yeah. Megaman also had a board game that i imagine would fall under "Party Game."

A Megman Slots games "Other"

Megaman Golf game (which would fall under Sports)

Pretty sure he's also had a puzzle game or two on cellphones.

stof said:
And yet, despite being in so many games, can anyone think of an overused franchise aside from Mario Party?

Pokemon?

Around the Network
Kasz216 said:
Oh yeah. Megaman also had a board game that i imagine would fall under "Party Game."

Except for the board game (Though it was only released in Japan), are you sure about the other games? Were they released outside of Japan? I'm also curious as I tried looking those games up, but to no avail.

Famine said:
Kasz216 said:

Except for the board game (Though it was only released in Japan), are you sure about the other games? Were they released outside of Japan? I'm also curious as I tried looking those games up, but to no avail.

They were all Japanese games. It's not like they shouldn't be coutned because they were unsuccesful.

Famine said:
LordTheNightKnight said:
"Would the various Mario spin-offs have been successful if they only released in Japan? Capcom x Namco didn't really have impressive sales, nor did those Chocobo games (Aside from the first Chocobo Dungeon game). Had most of those Mario games not come stateside, worldwide, then I probably wouldn't even be commenting on Mario in the first place."

Now it's not just multiple genres, but those released here?

Your complaints aren't valid if you keep changing the rules.

And you STILL HAVEN'T ANSWERED MY QUESTION.

First read my whole posts, and not just snippets that catch your eye, because even I'm beginning to lose my train of thought with you!

Well the snippets are where the inconsistencies lay. The thing is that your beef is based on some nonexistant rule that characters out of genre should not be made, or at leased released, in the North American region.

And my question remains unanswered, and just look at my two posts above this to find it. 

A flashy-first game is awesome when it comes out. A great-first game is awesome forever.

Plus, just for the hell of it: Kelly Brook at the 2008 BAFTAs

It's only normal for Nintendo to put Mario in so much games... Just look at those bloody numbers!
All over 1 million = equals massive profit.
A lot of devs can only dream of games that almost always sell above 1 million.

THE NETHERLANDS

Dear everybody who thinks Mario is getting milked,

I hope you don't like Sonic, Mega Man, Street Fighter, or Final Fantasy. If so, you're a hypocrite.

Sincerely,
Rubang B

Favorite Companies: Nintendo, Blizzard, Valve.
Recent New Favorites: Grasshopper, Atlus. (R.I.P. Clover.)
Heroes/Homies: Shigeru Miyamoto, Gunpei Yokoi, Will Wright, Eric Chahi, Suda51, Brian Eno, David Bowie.
Haiku Group: Haiku Hell.
Nemeses: Snesboy, fkusumot. 
GameDaily Article that Interviewed Me: Console Defense Forces.