By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Vizio Dominating U.S. LCD HDTV Sales - #1 Brand in OVERALL TV Market Share

http://www.tvpredictions.com/lcd022711.htm

Washington, D.C. (February 27, 2011) -- Vizio easily defeated the competition in LCD set sales in the United States during last year's fourth quarter, according to a new study from research firm iSuppli.

The research group says Vizio, which is based in California, captured a 27.6 percent market share, shipping roughly 2.9 million units in the U.S. Samsung was second with a 20.6 percent market share, shipping about 2.1 million sets.

Sony was third with just 10.1 percent market share while LG Electronics was fourth with 9.4 percent.

Vizio's dominance in the LCD category was so strong in the fourth quarter that it also finished first in all flat-panel set sales in the U.S. although it doesn't manufacture Plasma sets. Vizio captured a 23.9 percent market share of all flat-panel sales while Samsung was second with a 21.5 percent market share.

The company
also was the top seller of LCD sets for the entire year, although its margin of victory was smaller. Vizio captured a 21.3 percent market share in LCD sales in the U.S. while Samsung was second with a 18.8 percent market share.

Vizio has been able to outsell larger and more established rivals over the last few years because of lower prices, innovative technologies and shrewd marketing.

____________________________________________________________________-

I actually own two Vizio TVs and I have been immensly impressed.  Got my second one last Christmas.

Blows my brother's samsung outta the water

Around the Network
PizzaFaceGamer said:

Washington, D.C. (February 27, 2011) -- Vizio easily defeated the competition in LCD set sales in the United States during last year's fourth quarter, according to a new study from research firm iSuppli.

The research group says Vizio, which is based in California, captured a 27.6 percent market share, shipping roughly 2.9 million units in the U.S. Samsung was second with a 20.6 percent market share, shipping about 2.1 million sets.

Sony was third with just 10.1 percent market share while LG Electronics was fourth with 9.4 percent.

Vizio's dominance in the LCD category was so strong in the fourth quarter that it also finished first in all flat-panel set sales in the U.S. although it doesn't manufacture Plasma sets. Vizio captured a 23.9 percent market share of all flat-panel sales while Samsung was second with a 21.5 percent market share.

The company
also was the top seller of LCD sets for the entire year, although its margin of victory was smaller. Vizio captured a 21.3 percent market share in LCD sales in the U.S. while Samsung was second with a 18.8 percent market share.

Vizio has been able to outsell larger and more established rivals over the last few years because of lower prices, innovative technologies and shrewd marketing.

I actually own two Vizio TVs and I have been immensly impressed.  Got my second one last Christmas.

That's because your bro's Samsung is no good - Samsung LED's are generally the best these days.

Unsurprising news, though. People will generally take cheap over best.

Xen said:
PizzaFaceGamer said:

The company

That's because your bro's Samsung is no good - Samsung LED's are generally the best these days.

Or at least will when the differences are so negligable.

Kasz216 said:
Xen said:
PizzaFaceGamer said:

The company

Or at least will when the differences are so negligable.

Maybe - but since I am a videophile, not for me ;)

cheap and walmart have everything to do with this

PC gaming is better than console gaming. Always.     We are Anonymous, We are Legion    Kick-ass interview   Great Flash Series Here    Anime Ratings     Make and Play Please
Amazing discussion about being wrong
Official VGChartz Folding@Home Team #109453

Around the Network

I don't know about the cheap/wal-mart thing.  I did a lot of research before I got my Vizio LED at the end of January.  About two weeks before, I grabbed a $1700 Toshiba LED and took at back to the store.  The Vizio just seemed like the right buy and after some tweeking, looks absolutely amazing.  I was a little embarrassed that I went with Vizio because I always considered them a weak/cheap brand but its actually a quality product.  I looked at product reviews fro C-Net, N Gadget, Amazon.com, and even youtube.

Would you believe that Vizio was ranked NUMBER ONE on a C-Net list of best medium sized LED HDTV's?  I'll try to find the link.

http://reviews.cnet.com/best-33-42-inch-hdtvs/

d21lewis said:

I don't know about the cheap/wal-mart thing.  I did a lot of research before I got my Vizio LED at the end of January.  About two weeks before, I grabbed a $1700 Toshiba LED and took at back to the store.  The Vizio just seemed like the right buy and after some tweeking, looks absolutely amazing.  I was a little embarrassed that I went with Vizio because I always considered them a weak/cheap brand but its actually a quality product.  I looked at product reviews fro C-Net, N Gadget, Amazon.com, and even youtube.

Would you believe that Vizio was ranked NUMBER ONE on a C-Net list of best medium sized LED HDTV's?  I'll try to find the link.

http://reviews.cnet.com/best-33-42-inch-hdtvs/

While thats interesting, I don't trust CNET. Still Visio has come a long way, but their top of the line is barely on par with Samsung, LG, Panasonic, and Sony. When you get to their low end TVs, they are bloody horrid.

PC gaming is better than console gaming. Always.     We are Anonymous, We are Legion    Kick-ass interview   Great Flash Series Here    Anime Ratings     Make and Play Please
Amazing discussion about being wrong
Official VGChartz Folding@Home Team #109453