By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - What does MS have in store for 2008? Lionhead drops a mini-bomb

People are always talking up Sony's 2008 because, well, Sony keeps talking up Sony's 2008 lineup. Meanwhile, MS and Ninty have been decidedly tight-lipped regarding their upcoming games. I've always been of the opinion that both companies are holding back for a reason and that both will surprise gamers in the upcoming year by unwrapping a few new games that will be hitting shelves in the next 12 months.

Well, Peter Molyneux did just that today on Kotaku.com. Lionhead is sending out Christmas cards with this bit of information included inside:

Hi Kotaku,

Season's Greetings from all at Lionhead Studios! We wish you all the very merry Christmas and the best wishes for 2008, which will be a very busy gaming year (with Fable 2 and our other game...)

Best wishes,

Lionhead Studios 

So, what surprise does Lionhead have in store for us in 2008? Any guesses? 

Or check out my new webcomic: http://selfcentent.com/

Around the Network

its obvious that they have more than one game coming out. Thats about it. Silly marketing ploy. Nothing to see here, move along please.

B&W 3? =D

Neos - "If I'm posting in this thread it's just for the lulz."
Tag by the one and only Fkusumot!

Black and White on the live arcade or Black and white 3.

superchunk said:
its obvious that they have more than one game coming out. Thats about it. Silly marketing ploy. Nothing to see here, move along please.

It's possible. I wouldn't put a marketing ploy like that past Molyneux but the information is interesting none-the-less. 

Or check out my new webcomic: http://selfcentent.com/

Around the Network
superchunk said:

Hey Superchunk.. can you write out a list of all the obvious things that you know but no one else knows??

This will save us all time from reading stupid posts like these..

Thanks!

Proud Member of GAIBoWS (Gamers Against Irrational Bans of Weezy & Squilliam)

Fable 2: The Lost Chapters

Now with a Dragon!

I'm a mod, come to me if there's mod'n to do. 

Chrizum is the best thing to happen to the internet, Period.

Serves me right for challenging his sales predictions!

Bet with dsisister44: Red Steel 2 will sell 1 million within it's first 365 days of sales.

Fable?

"I think people should define the word crap" - Kirby007

Join the Prediction League http://www.vgchartz.com/predictions

Instead of seeking to convince others, we can be open to changing our own minds, and seek out information that contradicts our own steadfast point of view. Maybe it’ll turn out that those who disagree with you actually have a solid grasp of the facts. There’s a slight possibility that, after all, you’re the one who’s wrong.

gebx said:
superchunk said:

Hey Superchunk.. can you write out a list of all the obvious things that you know but no one else knows??

This will save us all time from reading stupid posts like these..

Thanks!

lol. I will get right on that.

Hmmm well I am very excited for PS3's 08, I am quite curious as to what MS has up there sleeve :) Fable 2 is shaping up to be a pretty friggin awesome game, Mass Effect 2 would be sweet as well :P Ninja Gaiden 2 also (but I really don't like those games -_- )

From 0 to KICKASS in .stupid seconds.