By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - We want Killzone 3 to have online cooperative mode!!!

To:  Guerrilla games, SCEE

Guerrilla Games, part of Sony Computer Entertainment Europe has satisfactorily developed Killzone 3. 

This game only has cooperative offline mode, it would be nice if it gets online cooperative as well, having offline cooperative mode already, adding online shouldn't be that hard. 

The objetive of this worldwide petition is to receive enough signatures with people asking Guerrilla to add online cooperative mode to this great game via online patch, so they realize how important this feature is. 

We are their fans, we support them, we are merely asking Guerrilla games to add something to this game and we, and everyone will love, and it would be a nice gesture from them, making their fans even more happy with the game, because not everyone has someone to play with in local mode. 

Sincerely,

Sign the petition http://www.petitiononline.com/kz3ocoop/petition.html although I don't think that this petition take effect 

now => 397 signatures

Around the Network

Considering split screen co-op reduces the screen resolution to, say half by adding large black squares consuming a good portion of the screen. It could be a lot harder to implement even networked co-op, than it looks. 

I mean assuming the code is 90-99% efficient, and you wanted to add netcode and further calculations for the actions of a co-op partner throughout the campaign whilst running at the regular resolution (720p), the addition online co-op would likely be impossible/involve a lot of hard work  unless they were to compromise something like resolution or textures during co-operative play. 

It would be nice to have though, of course. But at the same time I can understand why it isn't present. I'm sure they could add it but it just wouldn't be as easy as it seems, but regardless I hope they do. The splitscreen co-op is useless to me, not because I don't have anyone to play with but because the screen sizes are real small. 

I understand people would have liked this, and it's a nicely worded petition, but is this what's it coming down to these days? People making petitions to add things to games? There are technical implications to it that we don't know anything about. If they had the time, they probably would like to have added it. People are hard to please these days it seems.

yes!

I really hope Guerilla Games can patch in online co-op for the campaign. Keeping my fingers crossed.

Around the Network

Yeah, I remember an interview where they stated that Online Co-Op was there from the beginning, but they had to make some tough decisions because of resource and time constraints [devs can't do EVERYTHING], and that was one of those things that got cut, because their testers found that it was more enjoyable to play Split-Screen Co-Op with a buddy on the couch rather to play Online Co-Op with some friends over the interwebz.

Due to the coding of the game, the question is "Is it possible to add Online co-op through a patch?" If they built it from the ground up with the idea for Online Co-Op to be implemented later, then that would definitely work. It's a grey area, but I too hope that they add Online Co-Op.

"Being single is easier on the gaming life, and the wallet."

I signed but these things often never go anywhere.

Xero said:

Considering split screen co-op reduces the screen resolution to, say half by adding large black squares consuming a good portion of the screen. It could be a lot harder to implement even networked co-op, than it looks. 

I mean assuming the code is 90-99% efficient, and you wanted to add netcode and further calculations for the actions of a co-op partner throughout the campaign whilst running at the regular resolution (720p), the addition online co-op would likely be impossible/involve a lot of hard work  unless they were to compromise something like resolution or textures during co-operative play. 

It would be nice to have though, of course. But at the same time I can understand why it isn't present. I'm sure they could add it but it just wouldn't be as easy as it seems, but regardless I hope they do. The splitscreen co-op is useless to me, not because I don't have anyone to play with but because the screen sizes are real small. 

Yeah yeah yeah, if Bungie can do it, so can Guerilla.

All of this, of course, is just my opinion.

Skyrim 100%'d. Dark Souls 100%'d. 
Dark Souls > Skyrim.
Halo 4 is the best damn FPS since Halo 3.
Proud pre-orderer of 2 PS4's and an Xbox One. 

Currently Playing: Dark Souls II, South Park
Playstation 4: MGS V GZ, Killzone: Shadow Fall, NBA 2k14.

752 signatures

in fairness they were stupid for not having it way have co-op at all if it isnt online. its not the ps2 era anymore GG

edit: i just remebered that unreal turnament 3 had co-op added in with a patch, so it can be done