By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - modnation racers. WTH happened???

Ultr said:

the problem is, this game needs skill, this aint no mario kart where everyone can win at a party! If you know how to play then you will allways win! the ones who doesnt know will lose! (of curse there is skill in mario too)

I really enjoyed the game at first, but nobody ever wanted to play with me, and it got boring VERY fast!

Dude, you clearly haven't played Mario Kart.

Rockstar: Announce Bully 2 already and make gamers proud!

Kojima: Come out with Project S already!

Around the Network
huaxiong90 said:
Ultr said:

the problem is, this game needs skill, this aint no mario kart where everyone can win at a party! If you know how to play then you will allways win! the ones who doesnt know will lose! (of curse there is skill in mario too)

I really enjoyed the game at first, but nobody ever wanted to play with me, and it got boring VERY fast!

Dude, you clearly haven't played Mario Kart.

I have, and i still think it requires like 60 percent luck. Its still a fun game though.

Its a great game but like some said before Blur and Split Second came around the same time and this game indeed needs skill its quite hard.

The game never interested me, I'm not really one for kart or racing games in general. Plus with the level editors it would become a major time consumer to really experience the game.

WTF is with these WTH happened... threads?

Just Dance

Chess

now modnation racers... why... overrused thread already...

Bet with Conegamer and Doobie_wop 

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=3879752

Around the Network
richardhutnik said:
Silver-Tiger said:

I dunno why.

Racing is fun, creating tracks is fun, hell, the whole game was great for me. Just the loading times were a bit annoying, but you get used to it.

I blame the gamers. Yes, I blame YOU for not buying this awesome game.

And here is a documented case of what can go wrong in the world of the opinions of people.  WHY do you blame gamers for not buying something?  Let me again repeat a FUNDAMENTAL rule regarding game design: You need to design things that have an intrinsic want to do value to people who own a certain console.  This comes BEFORE how excellent the execution is.  Can people here GUARANTEE to me that there are MILLIONS of PS3 owners who are eagerly awaiting a good kart racing game?  Look at how Blur turned out also.   I would say that these are signs that desire for kart racing is likely limited to the Nintendo platform.  People who want cart racing get a Nintendo platform.  Unless there is some way Sony could make ModNation a MUST own for the PS3, and an evergreen title, it isn't going to happen.  On this note, how is JoyRide doing?

By the way, since when does ANYONE presume just because THEY happened to get used to annoying aspect to a game that others would also? And yes, the load time... once you get past what I described, I am sure the load time was an issue.  The patch they released for MNR showed it was a problem.

Man, I was obviously joking. Next time I make sure somebody like you gets it, too.

updated: 14.01.2012

playing right now: Xenoblade Chronicles

Hype-o-meter, from least to most hyped:  the Last Story, Twisted Metal, Mass Effect 3, Final Fantasy XIII-2, Final Fantasy Versus XIII, Playstation ViTA

bet with Mordred11 that Rage will look better on Xbox 360.

Mascots, never thought about that before, i thought we were past needing that, maybe i was wrong. As for the beta i can see how people can be turned off, IMHO thats why i dont play Betas they dont give you a sense of the end product. For instance, the loading times for the retail MNR did NOT take 4 mins long even prior to patches and the final game had no glitches. It pretty much run silky smooth, yeah the updates a numerous and long but IMO, id rather they improve it than just let it sit all messed up. I dont play the game as much as when it first came out, but i still dabble online and the community is still strong. I might retire after i level cap though

@richardthutnik  I do play chess actually, im just not that good, im trying to learn how to play backgammon, but its like no one wants/knows how to play

@aussiegecko  blame me if you want. Im just trying to shed light on games that i thought were pretty good that IMO deserved a little more recognition. Those other threads you mentioned arent mine, its people spoofing me, its all good though, i might chill for a bit becasue i think I covered what games i wanted too 

BIGGEST MISTAKE NO ONE HERE SPOKE YET:

Car games sell better thru PSN, this game should be at PSN as download... major mistake sell only thru media disc.

Car games are less viable than RPG, FPS when you see the hole scene and not only Need for Speed, GRID and GT% francshise...

PSN: franco-br
MGS4, GH, MW2, GT5p, WipeoutHD, etc..etc..

Ultr said:

That's true. It's too hard for your friends. It was fun to play with online friends though, but it's still not the same as playing Mario Kart at a party. :)

Proud user of my PS3 and Wii. Japan for the win! 3DS coming soon!