By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Retro Studios hiring for new Wii game... but will it be mentioned at GDC?

Retro Studios appears to be hiring for whatever their new Wii game is...

http://jobs.gamasutra.com/jobseekerx/viewjobrss.asp?cjid=25366&accountno=288

---

This position is with Retro Studios in Austin, TX.

Description of Duties
- Manages the implementation of game designs in coordination with and while serving as the primary design liaison with Japanese parent-company partners
- Coordinates with other department Leads and Production regarding assignments and schedules
- Manages a team of game designers
- Liaison between Retro Design Department and Nintendo of Japan (NCL) Software - Planning and Development Department (SPD)
- Works closely with SPD to define the design parameters of video games and ensure the design team efficiently executes that vision

- Coordinates with Production to establish and adhere to schedules, compile meeting notes, and creates working design documents
- Participates in regular, hands-on interaction with parent company producers, designers, and internal artists and engineers
- Coordinates across departments to facilitate communication, build consensus, and ensure the design vision is realized at the highest possible quality
- Writes treatments and game scripts
- Develops prototypes as well as final assets

This job listing originated on Gamasutra.com, the game industry's leader.

Experience Required: go top

Summary of Requirements

- Minimum ten years' experience as a developer in the video gaming industry
- Previous management experience, including leading design teams over multiple production cycles
- Familiarity with successful game products and platforms over the past ten years
- Excellent organizational skills
- Strong experience with PCs and current industry-standard development tools
- In-depth understanding of the software engineering process required to realize the design
- Ability to work in a team environment and willingness to learn are absolute necessities

Education

- Undergraduate degree in Video Game Design, Computer Science, Marketing, Entertainment or a form of technical training preferred

** Applications and resumes will only be accepted through Nintendo's website as we no longer accept paper, faxed, or emailed resumes.

We are an equal opportunity employer valuing diversity…celebrating strengths.
Job Details: go top
Categories: Game / Level Designer / Creative Director
Job Level: Senior
Platforms: Wii
Minimum Education Level Required: Bachelor's Degree
Work Site: On site

Will there be any mention of what this new game is next week when Retro Studios lectures at GDC?

Donkey Kong Country Returns 2?

Something else?

Around the Network

Something else. Maybe a Star Fox or a new IP.

Proud to be the first cool Nintendo fan ever

Number ONE Zelda fan in the Universe

DKCTF didn't move consoles

Prediction: No Zelda HD for Wii U, quietly moved to the succesor

Predictions for Nintendo NX and Mobile

Pavolink said:

From your lips to Nintendo's ears! <3<3<3

fwap said:
Pavolink said:

From your lips to Nintendo's ears! <3<3<3

I want to see an Action-Adventure game from Retro. We have see a first-person adventure and a platformer.

Proud to be the first cool Nintendo fan ever

Number ONE Zelda fan in the Universe

DKCTF didn't move consoles

Prediction: No Zelda HD for Wii U, quietly moved to the succesor

Predictions for Nintendo NX and Mobile

Whatever it is, it will put most third party games to shame.

A flashy-first game is awesome when it comes out. A great-first game is awesome forever.

Plus, just for the hell of it: Kelly Brook at the 2008 BAFTAs

Around the Network

Theyve Done a Good Job Reviving Series Star Fox Please!

I hope it's a new IP.

maybe the famed Raven Blade game that sadly met its end nearly a decade ago :(. I was bummed when they cancelled the game on the Cubs, it looked great from the few pics I saw.

I doubt it, but a man can dream!

Linkasf said:

I hope it's a new IP.

Perhaps getting Raven Blade, but done right instead of whatever it was that they said wasn't very good.

A flashy-first game is awesome when it comes out. A great-first game is awesome forever.

Plus, just for the hell of it: Kelly Brook at the 2008 BAFTAs

If they start hiring any junior design positions someone please tell me so I can apply.