By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Time to preorder Gears 3

CGI-Quality said:
mundus6 said:
mchaza said:

what happens if ms delays it to 2012 when they discover they have no games then as well. 

Err? Unlike PS3, you don't know 5 years in advance that a game is coming for 360 (except Alan Wake) so we probably hear about the 2012 games soon. And "no games" i guess you mean "no exclusives" but who cares really? I mean Playstation fanboys didn't care in 2006 and 2007 when PS3 had no games and costed $600, why should we care now when we get a lot of games most of them are just not exclusive?

Switch the AW situation with GT5 and PS3 and 360 are even. No other exclusive on it took 5 years to develop.

killzone 2, final fantasy vs XIII, Heavy Rain (4 years), that just off the top of my head, I'm sure there are more, but I'm also sure there are more for the 360

Around the Network

Man I hate Amazon so much.  I told myself I was done buying games for a while...and then I get $10 from Marvel vs Capcom 3 which led me to the $20 from Bulletstorm which will lead me to the $20 from Gears of War 3 which I'm sure will lead me to getting something else.

twesterm said:

Man I hate Amazon so much.  I told myself I was done buying games for a while...and then I get $10 from Marvel vs Capcom 3 which led me to the $20 from Bulletstorm which will lead me to the $20 from Gears of War 3 which I'm sure will lead me to getting something else.

How could you hate amazon, they are awesome!

CGI-Quality said:
gergroy said:

killzone 2, final fantasy vs XIII, Heavy Rain (4 years), that just off the top of my head, I'm sure there are more, but I'm also sure there are more for the 360

HR & KZ2 took 3.5 years to develop. Versus XIII is the only one that's not out, and that's not on Sony but Square-Enix.

you are rounding down, I'm rounding up, since It is closer to 4 years than 3.5. Of which I'm sure they took much longer to develop, that is just the time between announcement and release.   Also, he wasn't talking about games made by Sony, he was talking about ps3 exclusives, so why you even threw in that Versus was square is beyond me.  

mundus6 said:
CGI-Quality said:
mundus6 said:
mchaza said:

what happens if ms delays it to 2012 when they discover they have no games then as well. 

Err? Unlike PS3, you don't know 5 years in advance that a game is coming for 360 (except Alan Wake) so we probably hear about the 2012 games soon. And "no games" i guess you mean "no exclusives" but who cares really? I mean Playstation fanboys didn't care in 2006 and 2007 when PS3 had no games and costed $600, why should we care now when we get a lot of games most of them are just not exclusive?

Switch the AW situation with GT5 and PS3 and 360 are even. No other exclusive on it took 5 years to develop.

The Last Guardian? Agent?

The last guardian has been floating around since like 2006 (maybe 2007) wtf are you talking about? Hell the leaked trailer was in 2008 i think and that was waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay after you knew it was in development. And i know Agent was announced in 2009, but i bet we wont see it before 2014.

Around the Network
CGI-Quality said:

Too Human took ages to come out haha

Bet with Conegamer and Doobie_wop 

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=3879752

CGI-Quality said:
gergroy said:
CGI-Quality said:
gergroy said:

HR & KZ2 took 3.5 years to develop. Versus XIII is the only one that's not out, and that's not on Sony but Square-Enix.

you are rounding down, I'm rounding up, since It is closer to 4 years than 3.5. Of which I'm sure they took much longer to develop, that is just the time between announcement and release.   Also, he wasn't talking about games made by Sony, he was talking about ps3 exclusives, so why you even threw in that Versus was square is beyond me.  

KZ2 didn't start development until a good time had passed from when that E3 2005 trailer was shown (in fact, it was quite some time - as Guerrilla distinctly corrected a few mistakes about it's dev time). It ended up being announced in May 2005, but releasing in Feb 2009 which is just a bit more than 3.5 years, but certainly far from 5. Also, HEAVY RAIN was shown running on PS3 hardware in May 2006, yes, but didn't become a PS3 exclusive until July 2007. Like KZ2, it wasn't announced 5 years in advance. GT5 is the only PS3 exclusive title announced 5 years before it's release that's currently out. Versus XIII will be #2, in which case I only brought up Square because that wasn't a PS3/Sony issue, but a Square issue (they have a tendency to announce many of their titles long in advance, not just PS3 games). Red Dead Redemption, Rage, Alan Wake, Versus XIII, & GT5 are the only titles (afaik) that were either announced 5 years in advance or had 5 year dev cycles.

My point was only saying not to make it sound like a substantial amount of PS3 titles are announced 5 years in advance because they aren't.

notice how my post said 4 years?  Now that you have said all that, it pretty much doesn't mean anything.  You are just re-saying exactly what I said with more words, good job.

CGI-Quality said:

gergroy said:

notice how my post said 4 years?  Now that you have said all that, it pretty much doesn't mean anything.  You are just re-saying exactly what I said with more words, good job.

But his and I's debate was about a 5 year dev cycle on games. 

In any event, you don't have to be so condescending, it's a simple debate.

Since the debate was with me how is it you say it was about development cycles? I ment five years as in 5 years after you hear the game is coming it actually comes out. I know very few games actually have that long development cycle and the few games that have, has usually been remade from scratch at least once.

CGI-Quality said:
mundus6 said:
CGI-Quality said:

gergroy said:

But his and I's debate was about a 5 year dev cycle on games. 

In any event, you don't have to be so condescending, it's a simple debate.

Since the debate was with me how is it you say it was about development cycles? I ment five years as in 5 years after you hear the game is coming it actually comes out. I know very few games actually have that long development cycle and the few games that have, has usually been remade from scratch at least once.

But that's not an announcement, that's just you know a game is coming. I've "known" that a Halo 4 will be coming since Halo 3 launched, but I wouldn't claim it was announced in 2007. That's really all I was getting at.

Since you explained yourself a bit more, I can conclude this with a simple: fair enough. 

Games like Heavy Rain and The Last Guardian already had a title ( a trailer in Heavy Rains case) way before release, plus it was not just rumors the games where already in the planning phases. "Halo 4" wasn't even named "Halo 4" and we first heard about its new name 1 year before release. Of course it was in development since 2007. But my whole point with my little rant was that Microsoft usually keep their projects secret until 1 year or so in advance, Gears 2 for example everybody knew it was coming, but it was announced like 7 months before actual release. Sony usually mentions games before development even started, which is why i said 5 years. It was really an overstatement, but it sure feels like it and in some cases its true.

Reads thread.....so Time to pre-order Gears 3?