By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Killzone 3 mp changes - day 1 patch/future patches

Thanks to Gametrailers.com for providing these deets.

The Killzone 3 beta has ended and now with just a few short days away until retail release PS3 gamers everywhere couldn’t be more excited. Today, Guerrilla Games has produced a list of changes that we will be seeing with the Killzone 3 multiplayer. Such issues like server stability and network errors have already been addressed, but Guerrilla has taken a keen look at what the community requested to be changed and, well, the official list is below. Did your request make the cut?

Killzone 3 releases on February 22.

Official list courtesy of Killzone.com

Patches to be found on release:

• A fix to the “Your Faction Has Won/Lost” issue, along with all oddities that resulted from this occurring
  • An issue that allowed more than two clans to join a clan match will be fixed
  • Increased Accuracy, Bullet Damage and Faster Reload Ribbons will update correctly on personal statistics screens
  • We’ve simplified the process to invite players into your game (just one button press)
  • The radius of the Marksman’s Scramble++ has been lowered
  • Medic’s Revive distance increased and cooldown to re-use is decreased
  • No collision on mortally wounded player bodies
  • Increased player stamina
  • An icon will be shown in the menu when you have a Killzone 3 message in your inbox

Patches to be made after the game’s release:

• Support for color-blind players
  • Implement unranked custom games for players to create private or clan matches
  • Enhanced custom games functionality that will allow players to:
    • Control over games modes and settings
    • Secure games, allowing you to invite the players you want to play with
    • The ability to prevent abilities and weapons from being used
    • Toggling on and off functionality, such as ribbons, skills, explosives, etc.
    • Selecting which careers you want available to players
    • Allow friendly fire to be turned on or off
    • Faction switching enabled or disabled
  • The Clan Officer role will be added to clans
  • Separate turn speeds for hip-fire and ADS
  • Overly enthusiastic death screams will be toned down
  • Increased the amount of kills required to win a Guerrilla Warfare match
  • Increased Accuracy ribbon will have its effectiveness lowered
  • Likewise, the Bullet Damage ribbon will have its effectiveness lowered as well
  • Matches will end if the other team forfeits (i.e. too few, or no players on the enemy team)
  • Matchmaking enhancements that will close and merge games based on player count, which will keep games more full
  • Balance factions out by moving players to the other team at the end of the match if one team is lopsided
  • The ability to turn off HUD markers for point pop-ups and objectives
  • A menu option to allow squad-only chat
  • The addition of a Mute All button
  • Scoreboard flickering will be fixed
  • Clans will no longer get matched against other clans that have many more players than they do (i.e. 4 vs. 7, 5 vs.

Proud owner of the PSone original, PSone slim, PS2 slim, PS3 slim, PSP-3000.

37 PS3 games and counting.

Around the Network

Shit is gonna be sweeeeeet.

This is why I like GG - they seem to address the issues people have with Killzone and address them immediately. I'm looking forward to these minor/major changes :D

Wow, impressed with how much they seemed to listen to player advice.

pitzy272 said:

Wow, impressed with how much they seemed to listen to player advice.

It was the exact same with KZ2. I remember there used to be a new patch every couple weeks :P things were always getting fixed and changed - some will agree it was for the better, and some will agree it was for the worse - but regardless, they listen to the community.

Around the Network

it's like they get your hopes all up, then they just come crashing down, those aren't custom games.....they're private matches (not the same). and I see they've done nothing to the god awful spawning system.

but it did however go from a no buy to a will pick up if it's discounted for $0.00......

guerilla games are beast. All the changes I wanted is all there. This game is going to be the best. ADS fixed. Custom servers FUCK YES. Body count highered wooot.

whats wrong with matchmaking? I mean custom games are nice but I dont like seeing all servers with just radec and body count all day. I actually want to play all the maps. Anyways most console games these days are matchmaking.

wow great  i didn't have any problem with beta but hopefully these changes makes the game better