By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Top 10 Games in Japan + America

Hello everyone -

I'm preparing to do the Japanese Yearly and American Yearly charts within the next 2 weeks. Thee games will last about 1 and 1/2 months, and cover the total sales of the top 10 games and hardware at the end of the year, according to VG Charts.

For Japan, I have nearly no clue as to what major games are on the horizon...I have the following games for the top 10:

Wii Sports

Wii Play

English Training (Maybe?)

FFXII: RW

Super Paper Mario

Monster Hunter Portable 2

Other than that I have no clue: When is DQ Swords for Wii coming out? What major J-titles does the PS3 have CONFIRMED? What about other games in June-Dec that are major titles? I need some help with them.

As for the US chart, I'm gonna put:

Killzone 2 (PS3)

Grand Theft Auto IV (PS3)

Halo 3 (Xbox 360)

Grand Theft Auto IV (X360)

Madden 08 (X360)

God of War 2 (PS2)

Super Paper Mario (Wii)

Wii Play (Wii)

Pokemon: D/P (DS)

So I need about 1 more US title and 5 more J-titles. Please help me with this list.

Also, I DONT want December games, or even some November releases...Most of those titles are up in the air (on the lesser titles). They say Mario Galaxy will come out, but I don't see it being likely it'd release early enough to get in the top 10, if it releases at all.

Any other games would be welcomed, as I want to start the game as soon as possible!

Back from the dead, I'm afraid.

Around the Network

A japanese magazine confirmed that DQS comes out on July 12, 2007.

Well for starters...add:

Dragon Quest IX for Japan (I'd bet my left arm it comes out in the early part of Q4)

Big Brain Academy (Wii) for USA/Japan (June?)

Mario Party 8 could be pretty big I think in Japan (May?)

I think one of these will be huge for Wii too in the USA:

DDR: Hot mix, Guitar Hero 3, Madden, Boogie, Manhunt 2...

Most likely...Guitar Hero 3.

People are difficult to govern because they have too much knowledge.

When there are more laws, there are more criminals.

- Lao Tzu