By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Gears of War Kinect to be a Sports Game?

Wonder how they will make this work if true.

Who's the best Pac, Nas, and Big. Just leave it to that.

PLAYSTATION®3 is the future.....NOW.......B_E_L_I_E_V_E

Slaughterhouse Is The Sh*t  .... NOW ........ B_E_L_I_E_V_E

Around the Network

I wonder why every time derivative of a big franchise in one genre is rumored to be derived into a completely different akward thing... pseudo hardcore gamers start squeeling like it must be considered a bad thing?????

hell if they want to do a mario kart like with the halo franchise and it's actually good go for it... if they want to do a mutant football with GOW... I'm all for it too... it's not because it's an M rated ultra violent TPS that it shouldn't be used for anything else.... if we follow the ESRB rating we are all above 18 playing GOW which means we shouldn't care a sec if our fav mass killing franchise is used to do kiddy arcade sports games.... anyway I'm pretty sure if they actually do a kinect sports game out of the GOW franchise I'm almost certain it's gonna be fun... it's gonna be bloody violent... now let see how it plays and how it works before judging other than that we should be happy that a franchise can develop in other things than their main title... look at all the famous characters from nintendo and sega they all went through it why not on modern platforms....

If it was along the lines of dodgeball where you actually have to throw the balls at Locust and you can decapitate them and etc, it could be pretty interesting.

Disconnect and self destruct, one bullet a time.

Gears is a genre?

Tag - "No trolling on my watch!"

endimion said:

I wonder why every time derivative of a big franchise(put there to refer to GOW or other franchise that may be concerned) in one genre (put there for the current use of the named franchise in the TPS genre) is rumored to be derived into a completely different akward thing... pseudo hardcore gamers start squeeling like it must be considered a bad thing?????

hell if they want to do a mario kart like with the halo franchise and it's actually good go for it... if they want to do a mutant football with GOW... I'm all for it too... it's not because it's an M rated ultra violent TPS that it shouldn't be used for anything else.... if we follow the ESRB rating we are all above 18 playing GOW which means we shouldn't care a sec if our fav mass killing franchise is used to do kiddy arcade sports games.... anyway I'm pretty sure if they actually do a kinect sports game out of the GOW franchise I'm almost certain it's gonna be fun... it's gonna be bloody violent... now let see how it plays and how it works before judging other than that we should be happy that a franchise can develop in other things than their main title... look at all the famous characters from nintendo and sega they all went through it why not on modern platforms....

better...??? I know English is not my native language but I'm pretty sure I can express myself in it in a relatively comprehensible way....

Around the Network

Everyone aboard the Cole Train baby!  It's time for Thrashball!

Let's see, Halo gets Grifball, so Gears gets Thrashball! 

In Thrashball, when someone Kinects, there is blood!

Gears of Volleyball!

In-Kat-We-Trust Brigade!

"This world is Merciless, and it's also very beautiful"

For All News/Info related to the PlayStation Vita, Come and join us in the Official PSV Thread!

Epic, just give me Gears 3 and stop with this bullshit. What's next? Gears of War for WM7?

M.U.G.E.N said:

Gears of Volleyball!

Are they going to bring Team Ninja in and create Gears: The Other V?  That game involves volleyball, bouncing cleavage and a story of one of the women who can't do anything until a superior orders her to do it.

richardhutnik said:
M.U.G.E.N said:

Gears of Volleyball!

Are they going to bring Team Ninja in and create Gears: The Other V?  That game involves volleyball, bouncing cleavage and a story of one of the women who can't do anything until a superior orders her to do it.

Gears of Cooking: Other Kitchen!

lol

On a serious note: I doubt it but who knows maybe it can be a new take on a 'new' sport. Final judgement will be reserved until I actually see what it's about

In-Kat-We-Trust Brigade!

"This world is Merciless, and it's also very beautiful"

For All News/Info related to the PlayStation Vita, Come and join us in the Official PSV Thread!