By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - NINTENDO AND SONY HAVE BOTH WON TWO GAMING GENERATIONS!!!

Nintendo had won the 3rd and 4th gaming generations with the nes and snes. They then started losing the 5th generation. Sony had won the 5th gen and the 6th gen. Now they are losing, or were losing, to the 360 and wii. Will this trend continue? Who do you guys think will have the 3rd win this generation? this pattern seems ironic and i would like everybody's opinions !! (microsoft couldn't possibly win a gen since their consoles aren't from japan and only sells huge in america.)

Damn things have changed since 2009 began. Here are my new visions for the end of the generation.

Wii: 135 mil

Ps3: 85 mil

360: 60 mil

True Genius
Around the Network

Lies. Nintendo has NEVER won a console war, everything started with the PSOne that Sony pulled out of their infinitely creative minds... well, that's what's leo-j told me.

umm i still think ps3. It will take a long time, maybe a couple years, but i think the ps3 will take first place. I mean come on? a gaming system, blu ray/dvd player, music player, world wide web, + more for $400!!!

once people forget about DVD's i bet people may but it as a Blu Ray player.

Nintendo has also won every handheld generation ...

HappySqurriel said:

Nintendo has also won every handheld generation ...

Amen.

"Your grasp of the obvious is inspiring." - Commander Shepard
"I'm Commander Shepard, and this is my favorite store on the Citadel." Commander Shepard
I support JRPGs on the Xbox 360.
Official member of the Xbox 360 Squad
"Nothing can make it moral to destroy the best. One can't be punished for being good. One can't be penalized for ability. If that is right, then we'd better start slaughtering one another, because there isn't any right at all in the world." - Ayn Rand, Atlas Shrugged

Around the Network

I'm sorry, but how is Nintendo and Sony switching first place ironic? Do you mean Ironic in the sense that people expected the N64 to win the 5th generation and the PS3 to win the 7th but it didn't happen? ....Uh, duh...that's what ironic means...lol. I'm slow.

Anyway, I think Nintendo will win this generation. Will will simply mimic the success of the DS and perhaps will become a bigger phenomenon. It's a sure thing, unless the PS3 has the mother of all combacks and completely anihilates the competition...which is doubtful.

3DS FC: 1306 6473 7511

Nintendod Network ID: xsorenx

Add me for Pokemon, New Leaf, and Fire Emblem, Mario Kart 8.

fazz said:
Lies. Nintendo has NEVER won a console war, everything started with the PSOne that Sony pulled out of their infinitely creative minds... well, that's what's leo-j told me.

Y lo peor es que asi hay mucho españoles.... todo empezo con el PSOne... todo...

By me:

Made with Blender + LuxRender
"Since you can´t understand ... there is no point to taking you seriously."
hongkongfuey^2 said:
umm i still think ps3. It will take a long time, maybe a couple years, but i think the ps3 will take first place. I mean come on? a gaming system, blu ray/dvd player, music player, world wide web, + more for $400!!!

You can play music (In Photo Chanel) and surf the web with the Wii as well.  Plus you get real life controls, tons of old games to buy, every single gamecube game works as opposed to NO PS2 game in the $400 PS3 you mentioned.   Oh and my dvd player plays dvd's.

Brian ZuckerGeneral PR Manager, VGChartzbzucker@vgchartz.com

Digg VGChartz!

Follow VGChartz on Twitter!

Fan VGChartz on Facebook!

hongkongfuey^2 said:

Most analysts estimate that HDTV adoption will break the 50% barrier in North America in late 2009 or early 2010, and the majority of gamers buy a videogame system for less than $200, so for the next 24 months (or so) the Wii has essentially no competition for the majority of gamers. In this time it will build a commanding lead, leverage this lead to gain a ton of third party support, and effectively 'cock-block' any comeback attempts from Sony.

In 2011 Nintendo will use inexpensive technology (for the time) to produce a console which is noticeably more powerful than the PS3, incorporates a (then inexpensive) HD-Disc format, and enhances the user interface they designed for the Wii to produce an inexpensive console for the masses (who were now adopting to HD at a rapid rate).

loadedstatement said:
hongkongfuey^2 said:

You can play music (In Photo Chanel) and surf the web with the Wii as well. Plus you get real life controls, tons of old games to buy, every single gamecube game works as opposed to NO PS2 game in the $400 PS3 you mentioned. Oh and my dvd player plays dvd's.

As much as I love my Wii, there's really no comparison between it and the ps3 in terms of functionality.  The ps3 wins by a landslide.