Forums - Sales Discussion - Scalpers are causeing wii shortages

yup

Around the Network

How?

BTW your sig is outdated 

seems logical

Neos - "If I'm posting in this thread it's just for the lulz."
Tag by the one and only Fkusumot!

There is a cabal that stores millions of Wii's in an underground lair. One day they will release this secret stash to the public in attempt to crash the video game market. This will increase the value of their short positions and they will make ONE MILLION DOLLARS.

If this is true then we should see Wiis selling below retail price after the holidays. Otherwise, while scalpers are indeed getting Wiis, they are only taking advantage of a demand that actually exists. This would be in contrast to the PS3 Ebay debacle of 2006 where PS3's were selling for less than Ebay Wiis in the weeks coming up to Christmas.

So yes, I'm sure the scalpers aren't helping matters, but it's not like it's an artificial inflation of demand.

Around the Network

I take it you have never taken ANY Economics classes... WORST POST EVAR!!!

question, why would people be scalping them if there was not insane demand? Why would be bids be going through the stratosphere? Are the scalpers buying them from each other? Are you from a Central Planning economy? You must be or else why would you have no grasp of how a free market economy works.

psn- tokila

add me, the more the merrier.

tokilamockingbrd said:
I take it you have never taken ANY Economics classes... WORST POST EVAR!!!

question, why would people be scalping them if there was not insane demand? Why would be bids be going through the stratosphere? Are the scalpers buying them from each other? Are you from a Central Planning economy? You must be or else why would you have no grasp of how a free market economy works.

This was what I was about to ask.

Every single Wii that is scalped is then put on the internet and sold to... an end user. So here's the million dollar question: if these thousands of people were willing to pay a 100 percent markup to buy the system, why wouldn't those same thousands of people be willing to buy the system for 250 in stores? 

http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a324/Arkives/Disccopy.jpg%5B/IMG%5D">http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a324/Arkives/Disccopy.jpg%5B/IMG%5D">

Now this is just thoughtless...

Brian ZuckerGeneral PR Manager, VGChartzbzucker@vgchartz.com

Digg VGChartz!

Follow VGChartz on Twitter!

Fan VGChartz on Facebook!

cool48 said:

How?

BTW your sig is outdated

totally

Dammit....we've been had by a straw man.