By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Updated Move Numbers???

Seece said:
insanity_driven said:

Sony has only given move numbers in direct responce to MS giving Kinect numbers, something which we haven't seen (it's being tracked but MS hasn't made any annoucements)

Yes they have ... 8 mill In early Jan, and then again late jan in their financials.

they might have released their numbers but I didn't see any annoucements 

Around the Network
insanity_driven said:
Seece said:
insanity_driven said:

Sony has only given move numbers in direct responce to MS giving Kinect numbers, something which we haven't seen (it's being tracked but MS hasn't made any annoucements)

Yes they have ... 8 mill In early Jan, and then again late jan in their financials.

Well, they have, twice. and it was all over N4G and Vgchartz.

And your entire argument just stinks of damage control.

Seece said:
insanity_driven said:
Seece said:
insanity_driven said:

You sure those were MS annoucements instead of just a guy writing about the sales released numbers?

insanity_driven said:
NotStan said:
[..]

I don't get where you got the large drop off from though? If it weren't the for new releases KA would be at the top of the table according to the VGC numbers. Doing about 190K at the beginning of February indicates no lacksture in sales whatsoever, if it drops below 50k by the time it crawls it's way to the holidays you can claim that. But I struggle to find any Move related game, as there is no main bundled game other than Sports Championships in the US to make comparison with. Slow burner? When will it kick in then? There are only two years at maximum left in this gen, if that.

Kinect sold several million in less then 2 months, another month and it hasn't even sold another 1 million, how is that not a major drop off? Also move has been selling consistently and well and theres a whole move section in future shop with all the move enabled games in one place if your struggling to find them something must be wrong with you 

I meant bundled with Move in particular similar to the case of Kinect Adventures. Dude are you serious? We've just experienced the holiday season boost, things tend to sell like crazy, especially in Americas. Honestly if you want me to spell out that the reason why KA sees such a large slump is because of the lack of holiday boost, I am not even sure why I would want to have a discussion with you.

Bottom line is, there is no way for VGC to accurately track Move sales as there is no bundled signature game like KA except for Sports Championship in the US, and Sony does not only release the Move figures to dampen the Kinect flame, as they would have done so already, if it was the case where Move was selling bazillions.

As someone had said, either they are somewhat lacksture when compared to a much pricier competition, or they're just waiting for the NPD to come in for some positive PR. But if PS3 does end up YoY in Americas, then it's all good.

Disconnect and self destruct, one bullet a time.

insanity_driven said:
Seece said:
insanity_driven said:
Seece said:
insanity_driven said:

You sure those were MS annoucements instead of just a guy writing about the sales released numbers?

Dude, it was in their financials, steve balmer had it up on a big screen "8 million Kinects" give it up.

Around the Network
NotStan said:
insanity_driven said:
NotStan said:
[..]

I don't get where you got the large drop off from though? If it weren't the for new releases KA would be at the top of the table according to the VGC numbers. Doing about 190K at the beginning of February indicates no lacksture in sales whatsoever, if it drops below 50k by the time it crawls it's way to the holidays you can claim that. But I struggle to find any Move related game, as there is no main bundled game other than Sports Championships in the US to make comparison with. Slow burner? When will it kick in then? There are only two years at maximum left in this gen, if that.

Kinect sold several million in less then 2 months, another month and it hasn't even sold another 1 million, how is that not a major drop off? Also move has been selling consistently and well and theres a whole move section in future shop with all the move enabled games in one place if your struggling to find them something must be wrong with you 

I meant bundled with Move in particular similar to the case of Kinect Adventures. Dude are you serious? We've just experienced the holiday season boost, things tend to sell like crazy, especially in Americas. Honestly if you want me to spell out that the reason why KA sees such a large slump is because of the lack of holiday boost, I am not even sure why I would want to have a discussion with you.

Bottom line is, there is no way for VGC to accurately track Move sales as there is no bundled signature game like KA except for Sports Championship in the US, and Sony does not only release the Move figures to dampen the Kinect flame, as they would have done so already, if it was the case where Move was selling bazillions.

As someone had said, either they are somewhat lacksture when compared to a much pricier competition, or they're just waiting for the NPD to come in for some positive PR. But if PS3 does end up YoY in Americas, then it's all good.

I mentioned the sales boosts in my first post I'm just saying maybe MS doesn't want to draw attention to the massive drop out (even if it was just because it was getting a boost from hoilday) and again Sony doesn't seem to care about showboating a controler it was only when MS was drawing attention to kinect that Sony made a big deal out of it 

Seece said:
insanity_driven said:
Seece said:
insanity_driven said:
Seece said:
insanity_driven said:

Dude, it was in their financials, steve balmer had it up on a big screen "8 million Kinects" give it up.

financial reports =/= annoucement... I think you didn't get my original arguement...

insanity_driven said:
NotStan said:
insanity_driven said:
NotStan said:
[..]

I mentioned the sales boosts in my first post I'm just saying maybe MS doesn't want to draw attention to the massive drop out (even if it was just because it was getting a boost from hoilday) and again Sony doesn't seem to care about showboating a controler it was only when MS was drawing attention to kinect that Sony made a big deal out of it 

Seece already did counter the point of "MS is making a big deal, so must we!" argument. It's not the case.

Massive drop out is holiday, things like that happen every time, if you are expecting 600k kinects somewhere in February, without any significant offers or holidays then too bad. Also, this holiday in particular implies season of giving, so presents etc..

P.S Christmas if you didn't get it.

NotStan said:
insanity_driven said:
NotStan said:
insanity_driven said:
NotStan said:
[..]

Seece already did counter the point of "MS is making a big deal, so must we!" argument. It's not the case.

Massive drop out is holiday, things like that happen every time, if you are expecting 600k kinects somewhere in February, without any significant offers or holidays then too bad. Also, this holiday in particular implies season of giving, so presents etc..

P.S Christmas if you didn't get it.

How exactly did you counter it? I didn't see any valid counter arguement, maybe I just missed it anyways that doesn't mean MS wants to draw attention to their sales plummeting 80%

You know what, I can't be bothered with you. You're either trying to troll really hard or you're really don't see the point and need it to be spelled out to you in a nursery rhyme. You're entitled to your own opinion(Which happens to be completely dillusioned in this case even when provided with evidence) I am titled to my own, just leave it at that before either of us get banned. Me for starting to flame and you for flamebaiting.