By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Last.FM to require a monthly subscription, except on Xbox and Windows Phone

Meh, Last F.M. sucks anyway, I'll go ahead and keep using Pandora.

"with great power, comes great responsibility."

Around the Network

The best service that gold provides if you don't count gaming with others. I have found so much great new music with this service.

Uninstalled, i use Pandora Radio most anyways.

PC gaming is better than console gaming. Always.     We are Anonymous, We are Legion    Kick-ass interview   Great Flash Series Here    Anime Ratings     Make and Play Please
Amazing discussion about being wrong
Official VGChartz Folding@Home Team #109453

zexen_lowe said:

Listening to music in last.fm has required a paid subscription for well over a year now, and looking at that article I don't see any different, what's the change?

Anyway, I don't use the site for listening to music, just for scrobbling. There's something called Grooveshark if I ever feel like streaming music

Please explain.

I LOVE paying for Xbox Live! I also love that my love for it pisses off so many people.

toadslayer72 said:
zexen_lowe said:

Listening to music in last.fm has required a paid subscription for well over a year now, and looking at that article I don't see any different, what's the change?

Anyway, I don't use the site for listening to music, just for scrobbling. There's something called Grooveshark if I ever feel like streaming music

Please explain.

There's not much to explain, I used the last.fm radio every now and then to find out new artists based on my recommendations, then suddenly one day they told me I had 30 free songs to listen and then I'd have to suscribe for like 5 dollars a month. This happened more than a year ago

Around the Network

"Last.fm Radio will remain free on the Last.fm website in the US, UK and Germany and for the US and UK users of Xbox Live and Windows Mobile 7 phones (through 2011)"

And so i have to ask again: Why not in germany?

This is one of the reasons, why MS has problems in Europe (except UK). No equal service.

zexen_lowe said:
toadslayer72 said:
zexen_lowe said:

Please explain.

There's not much to explain, I used the last.fm radio every now and then to find out new artists based on my recommendations, then suddenly one day they told me I had 30 free songs to listen and then I'd have to suscribe for like 5 dollars a month. This happened more than a year ago

This is the first I've heard this. What device did you use to listen with? I'm just curious BTW.

I LOVE paying for Xbox Live! I also love that my love for it pisses off so many people.

toadslayer72 said:
zexen_lowe said:
toadslayer72 said:
zexen_lowe said:

Please explain.

This is the first I've heard this. What device did you use to listen with? I'm just curious BTW.

That last.fm program for PC

Doesnt effect PC or Xbox so im good ;)

Official member of the Xbox 360 Squad

zexen_lowe said:
toadslayer72 said:
zexen_lowe said:
toadslayer72 said:
zexen_lowe said:

Please explain.

That last.fm program for PC

It's paid even on PC if you're outside of US, UK or Germany. Though it wasn't paid on iphone outside of those three last I checked. They say it in the article as well, ad-based revenue only works on a browser and in big markets, hence it was the small markets first that got cut off the free service and now the phone apps.