By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Will Spyro and Crash be saved, or lost forever?

Frankly you don't want them back if activision has their hands on them now, they would just be so mutulated, go play the sly collection and get ready for sly 4 that should help you get over the tragic loss of those two francises 

Around the Network

As long as thier in the hands of Activision they will both be lost.

It is especially a shame considering Insomniac appear to be slowly fading from the Playstation family. Up till now I've been able to play Jak and Daxter, and Ratchet and Clank. Although of course Jak no longer has games released in it's series... and Ratchet and Clanks next game is a spinoff, with Insomniac switching particial focus towards new IPs. 

I especially liked how the Jak and Ratchet games recycled sound from the Spyro/Crash games, always brought a sense of nostalgia. A little more on topic, no I don't think Activision will release any decent Spyro/Crash games. 

The Crash and Spyro IPs have been tarnished, too much, and are now worth less than it would be to start a new IP. Maybe in a few years people will have forgotten, and maybe that's what they're planning on. But as is even if the game was, decent, it's sales would be poor as people still remember being sting by the last Spyro/Crash titles. 

Crash and Spyro were some of the games to make PS1 so great!!

I they weres still Insomniac Ps3 exclusives, Ps3 could even be more successful.

They only way to save them is either one of the big 3 buying them.

I have to say last Spyro games was good (but still not even close to the old Insomniac games) and it sold more than 1.5 million across all platforms

don't mind my username, that was more than 10 years ago, I'm a different person now, amazing how people change ^_^

dark_gh0st_b0y said:

I have to say last Spyro games was good (but still not even close to the old Insomniac games) and it sold more than 1.5 million across all platforms

Based on what happened with rare I don't MS think buying them would save them, nintendo or sony for sure though

Around the Network

I'd love it for a one off Insomniac and Naughty Dog were allowed to remake their original trilogies for the PS3.None of this multi platform crap that vivendi and activision have pushed on the franchises.Their playstation icons and playstation games.

Playstation gaming for 18 years this 2012

Back around about the turn of the century, if I saw what happened to Crash and Spiro I would have broken down and cried

I wish Naughty Dog would get the crash series back... I would buy a playstation just for it.

mchaza said:

nope only Naughty Dog can make an good Crash Banicoot game but they are in the tradition of ending an franchise every new gen. Sadly Uncharted wont past 4 besides the psp2 spin offs and the racing game 

I was about to say this. Naughty Dog needs to do a Crash Bandicoot game again. I remember from Warped the Naughty Dog logo thing. Why oh why did Sony sell that franchise, he could have been their Mario. Their fall back ahh well. 

Bet with Conegamer and Doobie_wop 

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=3879752

endoftheworld166 said:
dark_gh0st_b0y said:

Based on what happened with rare I don't MS think buying them would save them, nintendo or sony for sure though

wtf is wrong with you. Nothing went wrong with Rare. Trolling  to the max.

Bet with Conegamer and Doobie_wop 

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=3879752