By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Why graphics aren't better for games

I prefer whatever you consider Saints Row 2 to be.

Around the Network
Cthulhu said:

your game must be just cause

This.

mchaza said:
snakenobi said:

graphics isn't the reason why gta4 came out so badly

that was natural progression with new consoles,they couldn't just stay with the old graphics and a bigger game

they had to build a new engine plus had small time

next gta will be bigger for surely as now they have had an engine and alot of time through this generation

expect a GTA NEXT this holiday season.

no way new gta is 2012 set for summer. 

they had plently of time (4 years) and an man power of an 1000 people so it seems that at the time they didn't know how to get the full power out to allow further additions to the game. Because there was an massive cuts in the about of features so something had to be the reason and not just poor design choices despite there were poor design choices 

they can go summer or go holidays for even bigger sales

i would say holidays this time around

they didn't have full 4 years,in btw they did manhunt 2 and gta psp games too

Am I the only one who thought San Andreas was a broken game? That combat system was garbage. 

I'm no tech expert but i'm pretty sure good graphics doesn't do itself on it's own. It takes time and manpower to do stuff like that.

There's plenty of once-great series on HD consoles that really weren't all that great this gen, and it's pretty sad. They might look great but that doesn't really make up for the stripped features...

http://soundcloud.com/cathode

PSN: Parasitic_Link

Around the Network

Why can I have both? there should not be a choice in 2011. As much shit GTA4 gets, it still contune to sell, and is about 90% better than most games made this Generation. 

Next Gen 

11/20/09 04:25 makingmusic476 Warning Other (Your avatar is borderline NSFW. Please keep it for as long as possible.)

Better graphics are always nice but I'd rather a game with acceptable graphics and great gameplay rather then vica versa, substance over style, unfortunately style sells better

playing GTA4 again after an small playthough years ago when i had an wii (huge mistake), it bought up an disscussion in my head over whats better: Graphics vs More stuff 

GTA4 is the prime example of this because you have GTA San Andreas that was an HUGE game, it had so much to do that it could keep you occupied for well over 500 hours depending on your likes for Sand box games. From the lengthy and fun missions, to the huge map and variety, from flying planes to pimping cars to de railing an train there was so much you could do is the reason why GTA4 was such an disappointed (along with an poor poor design choices). 

The reason GTA4 was an let down is that you could only do 1/5 of the things in San Andreas and it had an smaller map and less variety in environments and missions due to the lack of planes and locations. Now looking back the 360 and ps3 were capable of making an sequel to GTA San Andreas that could of been twice the size but Rockstar decided to push the graphics instead. And this resulted in less things to do for graphics sake. 

Now as Gamers what do you prefer: pretty graphics or more fun when it comes to games like GTA. Now we know PC can have there cake and eat it too but gta is more so an console game and the consoles cant have an huge graphically pretty game with lots of stuff. 

Sure it can have better graphics then san andreas but only an slight improvement and rather an improvement in everything else would of done wonders and it would of been more loved. We know the reviewers were wearing the rose coloured glasses when rating GTA SA because how does taxi driving replace planes, going out with friends to the same places replace the range of mini games and schools and the graphics replaces all the rpg elements, the large collection of vehicles and locations and fun missions. 

So i say that graphics works in some games and not in others. If graphics can ruin GTA then People must learn that graphics aren't everything and allow Devs to work with an graphically down scale to allow for joyful fun because if you only playing for the graphics then you should go to an art galley

Im sorry but people complain too much about GTA IV! The great is amazing and sure not much too do as others it still is one of the best this gen. Also i agree with graphics shouldn't be the main feature.

PROUD MEMBER OF THE PLAYSTATION 3 : RPG FAN CLUB

BettyGlen said:

*Repeat of Op*

Hhhhmmm...

Why?