By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - The 3DS vs PSP2 (NGP) battle: Who will win the console wars ?

zgamer5 said:
Grimes said:

I'm glad you're paying attention. Whether you like it or not, iPhone and Android are going to be a big part of the gaming market and represent a huge threat to the profits of Sony and Nintendo.

i know theyr going to be that. but stop pointing out, im sure you love your iphone and im sure you love paying for over priced devices. but stop talking about it. portable gaming is going in a terrible direction stop reminding us of it!

I don't even own an iPhone. I'm merely analyzing the situation as I'm seeing it. It's not about good or bad or what I like or dislike. It's how I think the market will pan out based on the evidence I've seen. You can look as it as bad for portable gaming. Or another person can see it as a good thing because it more people than ever will have access to different games at lower prices. 

Anyone can guess. It takes no effort to throw out lots of predictions and have some of them be correct. You are not and wiser or better for having your guesses be right. Even a blind man can hit the bullseye.

Around the Network
Grimes said:
zgamer5 said:
Grimes said:

I'm glad you're paying attention. Whether you like it or not, iPhone and Android are going to be a big part of the gaming market and represent a huge threat to the profits of Sony and Nintendo.

i know theyr going to be that. but stop pointing out, im sure you love your iphone and im sure you love paying for over priced devices. but stop talking about it. portable gaming is going in a terrible direction stop reminding us of it!

I don't even own an iPhone. I'm merely analyzing the situation as I'm seeing it. It's not about good or bad or what I like or dislike. It's how I think the market will pan out based on the evidence I've seen. You can look as it as bad for portable gaming. Or another person can see it as a good thing because it more people than ever will have access to different games at lower prices.

yes i know, but me and you and everyone else in this thread know what you are saying. and im sure that other then 1 or 2 people everyone on vgchartz hates the direction. so stop reminding us of it.

its like if your dad was going to die in 2 weeks and every hour you got an apology from a friend.

Being in 3rd place never felt so good

Immortal said:

Maybe this PSP2 will make it to the late twenty millions. If it gets really lucky.

3DS should be at about 10 times that.

ok so saying the psp2 will sell around 20 to 30 million is maybe going a bit far but not imposible. the 3DS selling 200 to 300 million? completely 100% absalutly never ever ever going to happen. 

Yeah i know my spelling sucks but im dysgraphic so live with it :3    

---------------------------------------------------Bets--------------------------------------------------

Conegamer - I say that the PS3 will beat the DS next week in Japan  (for hardware sales) Forfeit is control over others avatar for 1 week.

zgamer5 said:
Grimes said:
zgamer5 said:
Grimes said:

yes i know, but me and you and everyone else in this thread know what you are saying. and im sure that other then 1 or 2 people everyone on vgchartz hates the direction. so stop reminding us of it.

its like if your dad was going to die in 2 weeks and every hour you got an apology from a friend.

Well, the question of this thread was who is going to win the battle. My answer is neither Sony or Nintendo. If you don't want to hear the answer, then don't ask the question.

Anyone can guess. It takes no effort to throw out lots of predictions and have some of them be correct. You are not and wiser or better for having your guesses be right. Even a blind man can hit the bullseye.

Unnecessary thread, let's not make fun of the PSP2 fans and their 1G price tag.

Around the Network
Chibi.V.29 said:
Immortal said:

Maybe this PSP2 will make it to the late twenty millions. If it gets really lucky.

ok so saying the psp2 will sell around 20 to 30 million is maybe going a bit far but not imposible. the 3DS selling 200 to 300 million? completely 100% absalutly never ever ever going to happen. 

Oh yes it will. Expanded market, more kids wanting toys, kids from 5 years ago are now teens but still want portable gaming, teens from 5 years ago are now adults with jobs and money to burn.....300 million. Count on it.

ElGranCabeza said:
Chibi.V.29 said:
Immortal said:

Oh yes it will. Expanded market, more kids wanting toys, kids from 5 years ago are now teens but still want portable gaming, teens from 5 years ago are now adults with jobs and money to burn.....300 million. Count on it.

You my friend need to get your head checked :P

Yeah i know my spelling sucks but im dysgraphic so live with it :3    

---------------------------------------------------Bets--------------------------------------------------

Conegamer - I say that the PS3 will beat the DS next week in Japan  (for hardware sales) Forfeit is control over others avatar for 1 week.

A  >$350 console beating a 2D/3D mario, yeah right... 3DS for sure, not that the PSP2 will be a fail or anything, probably is going to be great, great games and so, but beating the 3ds is just too much...  

Menx64

3DS code: 1289-8222-7215

NNid: Menx064

Agree with the OP...

Let's take a look at NGP:

Pros: better graphics, better connectivity features, new touch screens features and 2 analog sticks

Cons: The console is too big in size (even more than original PSP!!), no retrocompatibility with PSP games, launch line-up of games very meh and almost the same kind of games the PSP had as diversity of genre goes and low battery life.

Now the only thing we have to know is the price (which will probably be part of the cons when confirmed). No matter what, it's now safe to assume the 3DS will easily outsell PSP2 next gen.

Chibi.V.29 said:
Immortal said:

I do seriously see 3DS getting into the early 200 millions if other markets don't get in the way too much.

Perhaps 250m to 300m is going a bit far, though, :P.

“These are my principles; if you don’t like them, I have others.” – Groucho Marx