By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Chicken, Cow, Fish, or Pig?

Chicken, Cow, Fish, or Pig?

Chicken 16 35.56%

Cow 14 31.11%

Fish 7 15.56%

Pig 5 11.11%

Other 1 2.22%

I'm a vegetarian/vegan 2 4.44%

Total:45
trestres said:
superchunk said:
trestres said:
superchunk said:

Beef rules all. A great peice of steak destroys any other meat dish.

Unfortunately that can only be really had in US and potentially Australia. Other nations just don't have good beef. Probably why Chicken has the lead on this poll as its a site with people from all over.

LOL, other nations don't have good beef?

I guess you are used to generic beef, just wait until you try Argentinian meat. The US isn't well known for their meat, there's tens of countries that have way better meat.

I create a software tool used by nearly all NATO members and as such my group of 30 coworkers have taken trips all over the world including Canada, Mexico, Australia, numerous European countries, Russia, and China.

We are a big meat eating group and all of us concur that the US and Australia are the only nations that know how to make a great steak. However, we have never been to S.American nations and we all do love the Brazilian steak houses here in the states that serve endless meats. So, based on those experiences you are probably right about Argentina and other South American areas having good beef.

My post was mostly against the Canadian/European groups. Maybe I should have said Americas and Austrialian as best beef cookers.

OK, then. Perhaps you got good meat in comparison to the rest of the northern hemisphere countries. I've been to the US, and I can say I've tried better meat in Brazil, Bolivia, Peru, Uruguay, Argentina. The meat isn't bad in the US, it just doesnt taste the same.

Just to support Trestes, we have pretty nice meat around these parts, I guess we have free range creations too.

Around the Network

i think the Reverend Horton Heat said it best.

*Warning* crappy amateur fan made video incoming *Warning*

Proud Sony Rear Admiral

superchunk said:
trestres said:
superchunk said:

Beef rules all. A great peice of steak destroys any other meat dish.

Unfortunately that can only be really had in US and potentially Australia. Other nations just don't have good beef. Probably why Chicken has the lead on this poll as its a site with people from all over.

LOL, other nations don't have good beef?

I guess you are used to generic beef, just wait until you try Argentinian meat. The US isn't well known for their meat, there's tens of countries that have way better meat.

I create a software tool used by nearly all NATO members and as such my group of 30 coworkers have taken trips all over the world including Canada, Mexico, Australia, numerous European countries, Russia, and China.

We are a big meat eating group and all of us concur that the US and Australia are the only nations that know how to make a great steak. However, we have never been to S.American nations and we all do love the Brazilian steak houses here in the states that serve endless meats. So, based on those experiences you are probably right about Argentina and other South American areas having good beef.

My post was mostly against the Canadian/European groups. Maybe I should have said Americas and Austrialian as best beef cookers.

ever had aberdeen angus?

ever had it in scotland?

you should

Highwaystar101 said: trashleg said that if I didn't pay back the money she leant me, she would come round and break my legs... That's why people call her trashleg, because she trashes the legs of the people she loan sharks money to.

Chicken & turkey are usually what I eat. When I was on my diet, I ate chicken/turkey and lost 90 lbs. I do eat red meat,but, not as much as I use too.

i only started eating beef again a couple of months ago, after a 7-year hiatus.

i dont eat sheep. i love sheep. <3

Highwaystar101 said: trashleg said that if I didn't pay back the money she leant me, she would come round and break my legs... That's why people call her trashleg, because she trashes the legs of the people she loan sharks money to.
Around the Network
Gilgamesh said:

Other.

Human.

I'm gonna kill you in the zombie apocalypse.

Hmm, OP says most delicious...steak is my favorite.

ALL things considered I'd have to say

1)Chicken: Delicious, fairly inexpensive, healthy, I don't get tired of it, fairly high in protein  

-takes a while to cook

2)Salmon: I'm from Seattle and a few of my neighbors are native american...I can't help but love great salmon.

delicious, healthy   

-pricey

3)Pork: Delicious, naturally sweet, cheap, easy to cook

-unhealthy

4)Beef: STEAK!!, cheap, high in protein

-Don't care for ground beef, unhealthy

5) Venison: Delicious

-pricey, rare

Chicken is good.

I Suck Things Up!

pacman91 said:

Hmm, OP says most delicious...steak is my favorite.

ALL things considered I'd have to say

1)Chicken: Delicious, fairly inexpensive, healthy, I don't get tired of it, fairly high in protein  

-takes a while to cook

2)Salmon: I'm from Seattle and a few of my neighbors are native american...I can't help but love great salmon.

delicious, healthy   

-pricey

3)Pork: Delicious, naturally sweet, cheap, easy to cook

-unhealthy

4)Beef: STEAK!!, cheap, high in protein

-Don't care for ground beef, unhealthy

5) Venison: Delicious

-pricey, rare

Have you ever tried rare chicken? It's really good if you like rare meat in general and takes no time to "cook" :P

I love beef, I think in UK chicken is the cheapest out of 'em all, again depending which parts you are getting but mostly it's in this order, price wise;

Chicken, Pork, Beef, Lamb.

Although I LOVE lamb, for some weird f'ing reason it wasn't on the list!

I love beef steaks/mince beef if cooked correctly/salmon/pork chops/roast chicken etc. I LOVE all meat, without meat, I'd probably die.

Disconnect and self destruct, one bullet a time.