By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - When will the data be adjusted?

Oh you were including France... ok then.
I will say this: ioi should not update based on NPD thus America figures will stay the same unless some proper proof comes about [Sony/MS/Nin numbers]
I will agree the evidence for France seems good and points to VGC being wrong though, so hopefully it will get adjusted eventually.

Around the Network
krik said:
they clearly overtracked the 360 in US and in France (according to MS). If its less than 100k or not I don't know. I was just asking if someone will adjust it and if so when.

Nice job not understanding TWRoO at all. American figures are accurate. France link is shipped numbers. VGC tracks sold numbers. End of debate.

Edit: Just realized that wasn't clear.  France link is sold to retailers, and VGC tracks sold to consumers.

The gap between NPD and VGC data for the 360 is starting to become huge.Nearly two million that Canada data cant compensate.France sales should be changed too.

@ Naz, well yes the France figures probably are shipped [when the companies give lifetime totals they always are] but if MS shipment is less than VGC sold there is some kind of dicrepancy... the only factor is when the 500k figure is up till... but i am not searching around at this time for the original source [2:30am... i should go to sleep]

naznatips said:
krik said:
they clearly overtracked the 360 in US and in France (according to MS). If its less than 100k or not I don't know. I was just asking if someone will adjust it and if so when.

Nice job not understanding TWRoO at all. American figures are accurate. France link is shipped numbers. VGC tracks sold numbers. End of debate.

Edit: Just realized that wasn't clear.  France link is sold to retailers, and VGC tracks sold to consumers.

You cant prove its sold to retailers,stop your little game.If they were so were the MS France numbers and th current overtracking is even more severe.

Around the Network
Diomedes1976 said:
naznatips said:
krik said:

Edit: Just realized that wasn't clear. France link is sold to retailers, and VGC tracks sold to consumers.

You cant prove its sold to retailers,stop your little game.If they were so were the MS France numbers and th current overtracking is even more severe.

You can't prove it's sold to consumers.  The only sales numbers Sony officially tracks are sold to retailers (as stated by themselves).   Unless Sony specifically states otherwise, we have no choice but to assume these numbers are the same. 

VGC did not overtrack the 360 in November, and I'm not sure where he came up with that.  http://www.vgchartz.com/news/news.php?id=707

....He came up with it because in his mind, the X360 is always overtracked, and always needs to have it's numbers lowered until the PS3 wins. Simple as that.

It's hard to just say "oh wowie, I see a number that says the X360 is overtracked in country X in month Y, ioi needs to change it, stat".

The fact is, ioi has analyized, and worked with these numbers and extrapolations to get where he's at. His accuracy has been ALOT better, and I don't think he's going to change numbers based on a few new posters, and very biased posters, mere 2 cents. It doesn't work that way. ioi has ALOT more people to please than the 2-3 people that bemoan him about a system being overtracked.

Were the X360/Wii a bit overtracked in NA for the month vs. NPD? Absolutely. However, ioi has got to the point that he can be allowed about 5% per month until hardware shipments come out. Thats the key issue: he can't track sales over what h/w shipments in a given area are stated as. Therefore, it can take upto 3 months, or even more before sales are "fully" reigned in. The X360 was greatly this case earlier this year: it hovered around the 10m sold mark for what seemed to be like 2 months, because European data was overtracked. ioi only corrected it when he could actually find HARD PROOF that data was incorrect from multiple, verifiable sources.

He doesn't have that with Euro-data at the moment. All he has is a few Sony quotes here, GFK data there, and his own numbers he's using. Compiling the data to be accurate takes time, and it has no bias. Diomedes, you really, really should try to earn some respect, and not harp on European PS3 or X360 sales every chance you get. You do it all the time and it gets old, bud.

Back from the dead, I'm afraid.

he is not going to pay attention to NDP, he did a really good job last month tracking, and he is not gonna change his number until the companies release their actual numbers

psn- tokila

add me, the more the merrier.

naznatips said:
krik said:

Ok smart guy, if VGC is sold to consumers how can it be more than MS numbers for sales to retail? Did you even bother to read my post?

France:

MS claims 500k (as of Dec. 13), VGC claims 572k

Sony claims 400k (as of Dec. 15), VGC claims 305k

It looks to me that consumers could not buy 572k when MS only sold 500k to retailers. It should be more like 470k for 360 and 370k for PS3. This means 65k more to PS3 and 100k LESS to 360. Total WW difference between 360 and PS3 would go down 165k. This not even considering that according to Sony they have been selling 200k/week in EU since the price cut. This is way more than VGC estimates, so VGC most likely under tracking other EU data for PS3 as well.

Also regarding NA, VGC is been doing Canada based on 10% of USA and it seems clear now that Canada is more evenly split between PS3/360 than USA. 

This not considering that VGC is been over tracking the 360 when comparing with the NDP numbers. I understand VGC not want to adjust numbers based on NDP data but  I also understand that NDP uses a much larger sample for their data then VGC and  so their numbers are most likely more accurate.

But ioi does not want to change NA data based on NDP and I respect that. Don't like it but respect his decision.

PSN ID: krik

Optimistic predictions for 2008 (Feb 5 2008): Wii = 20M, PS3 = 14M, X360 = 9.5M

@krik... first of all it was about a month ago the 500k number came about... I want a solid link from you [or Dio as i vaguely remember him posting one before] which has a date for it... i don't mean the date of the article it is in either.

As for Canada NPD, you should note that November is s screwy month. USA has thanksgiving and apparently Canada don't, so despite the usual 'about 10%' for the Canada market, November sees that lowered across all consoles... The PS3 was higher than usual in comparison to 360 due to the price drop and 40G, which seemed to make a bigger impact there.

Past Canadian NPD seemed to show a bias toward the Wii and 360 (+ps2)[ie were more than 10% of America] and against PS3/PSP/DS [were usually less than 10%] Edit; Also VGC hasn't been "doing Canada as 10% of USA" that makes it sound like ioi just gets some info then adds a load of percentages like "well italy is usually 13% of Europe so i'll add that" It doesn't work like that.