By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - 3DS info from Japan event

Pavolink said:

Nooo! Ocarina of Time is not a launch game :(

...in Japan, where it isn't nearly as big as the USA/Europe.

I think NOA and NOE ill be smarter to know that it would be an excellent launch title with the 3DS, so don't lose all hope... yet.

And even if not, I bet it will be due to not wanting to snip away from Skyward Sword, so we'll get a Zelda one way or another in a few months.

Around the Network
alfredofroylan said:

Seems like Street Fighter IV won't be alone:

I jizzed in my pants

Pavolink said:

Almost exactly my thought. Except my "Nooooooooooooooo" is a bit longer. :(

I was so excited about that, but now I have to find me a new game to buy at launch. Maybe I'll try Layton, because it looks like fun.

Need something off Play-Asia? http://www.play-asia.com/

I'm indifferent to that Kid Icarus gameplay. They seem to be pushing this as the must have 3DS title. It certainly doesn't make me want to buy one.

manuel said:
Pavolink said:

I was so excited about that, but now I have to find me a new game to buy at launch. Maybe I'll try Layton, because it looks like fun.

The time needed to localize Layton means we probably won't see that outside of Japan as a launch game. Nintendo will have to come up with something to push the system in the launch window so NA will get one of the others I think (either that or we will wait longer for the system).

3DS - 2277 - 6636 - 6675 WiiU - Vectorferret
(Write on wall or PM if adding)
Around the Network
Vectorferret said:
manuel said:
Pavolink said:

The time needed to localize Layton means we probably won't see that outside of Japan as a launch game. Nintendo will have to come up with something to push the system in the launch window so NA will get one of the others I think (either that or we will wait longer for the system).

For me it's a good thing that I live in Japan and play games in Japanese. :)

Need something off Play-Asia? http://www.play-asia.com/

alfredofroylan said:

New Dead or Alive Dimensions trailer

http://www.gamecity.ne.jp/doad/

At the end of the trailer, you can see Zack with an "Opoona" costume.

The fact, that you can choose your attacks with the help of the stylus, really sucks. I hope, you can turn that mode off during online fights.

Take a look at my photos on flickr

--OkeyDokey-- said:

I'm indifferent to that Kid Icarus gameplay. They seem to be pushing this as the must have 3DS title. It certainly doesn't make me want to buy one.

This. Looks more like Sin & Punishment than Kid Icarus. :/

Mario Kart, Paper Mario, and the Resident Evil games look nice, though. Still, I doubt I'll buy a 3DS at launch.

RolStoppable said:
okr said:
RCTjunkie said:

The one where you said the mario game lacked depth. :P

Ah, you mean Rol's comment which he kindly edited into my Mario RPG pic post. I've always thought that if there's something that lack's depth on VGC it's Rol's humor.

Just admit it, the sole reason why you don't like me is that I am Austrian. If there's two things that I really despise about humanity, they would be notorious intolerance and Germans.

A geh, samma empfindlich? I never said I don't like you and - just for the record - I don't dislike Austrians at all with a few exceptions like the original Führer, the funnily deceased FPÖ Führer or DJ Ötzi. I live in Oberbayern, ~30 km north of München, and Bavarians by default don't dislike Austrians. Not even when the Ösis win the Vierschanzentournee three times in a row (we always have Maria Riesch, Magdalena Neuner, football or most other sports to counter that). It's just that I have high standards regarding Austrian humor and you're not a new Billy Wilder, Georg Kreisler or Josef Hader, that's for sure. By the way: No matter how hard I try, I can't help but dislike one other widely respected member, but certainly not you.

http://aussie-gamer.com/kid-icarus-uprising-3ds/

Here's the kid icarus gameplay that was posted earlier but with sound, and two other videos.

This and Zelda are two of my anticapated games of the year, for any platform.