By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - RE5 for Wii Petition

*~Onna76~* said:
Seriously, if you want RE5, then buy a PS3 or 360, end of story.

i don't want to play RE5 on xbox360 or ps3, i have never been a fan of the serie, but now that i have played it on the wii, i love it, so it wouldn't be the same playing it on xbox360 or ps3

Around the Network
ismael said:
*~Onna76~* said:
Seriously, if you want RE5, then buy a PS3 or 360, end of story.

i don't want to play RE5 on xbox360 or ps3, i have never been a fan of the serie, but now that i have played it on the wii, i love it, so it wouldn't be the same playing it on xbox360 or ps3

QFT.

I tried playing each (numbered) Resident Evil game from 1 on because i heard they were good, and I <3 zombies.  Each time i tried, I played for about 20 minutes before throwing away the controller in disgust at the controls.  After playing RE4:Wii, I finally have played a version all the way through, and see what people are talking about; I don't want to have to go back to the gimped control scheme of a pre-Wii Resident Evil.  In fact, I am probably getting a 360 next year when I have more disposable cash, and even when I get it RE5 will not be on my 'to-buy' list... unless it is out for the Wii.

That said, I don't actually want RE5 to be ported to the Wii, and I didn't sign the petition.  I want a ground-up Wii version.  I have infinitely more desire for that than either a  ported wii version with gimped graphics or a 360 version with gimped controls. 

Please, PLEASE do NOT feed the trolls.
fksumot tag: "Sheik had to become a man to be useful. Or less useful. Might depend if you're bi."

--Predictions--
1) WiiFit will outsell the pokemans.
  Current Status: 2009.01.10 70k till PKMN Yellow (Passed: Emerald, Crystal, FR/LG)

@ alpha_dk

Well, guess you won't be playing RE5 then.

DMeisterJ said:
@ alpha_dk

Well, guess you won't be playing RE5 then.

for someone who claims to tire of these threads you have no problem in contributing to them in earnest.

While I respect your opinion I really whish you would keep the non-productive malcontent attitude to yourself. It's really not helping either side of the dillemma here. If there is no possibility of this happening in your mind then you have nothing to worry about. In fact if you want a gauge of how likely something is to happen in a purposed thread like this, just look at how much negative feedback is recieved.

@ alpha_dk

we most likely will be seeing a version built from the ground up for the Wii in a respective means if the game does become an exclusive (unlikely but who knows). Either way if Capcom does a good job I'll be more than happy with a port. They're hardly a two-bit western developer.

@ Onimusha12

I do tire of these threads, but I enjoy replying to your posts because your sig makes me laugh.

Around the Network

On Topic:

This thread has been officially derailed. lol.

leo-j said:
Why cant you just buy a Xbox 360 and get over it?

I personally can't bc im on a tight bugdet. I personally would like RE5 on the Wii since Nintendo has a history of having RE games and since RE4 Wiimake and RE:UC have been sellling so well Capcom should port it to the Wii, also the idea of making more money off of a wii version selling less copies than the 360 and ps3 looks tempting to any publisher. And what ever happened to the exclusivity deal Nintendo signed with Capcom to have RE main series on Nintendo consoles?

"Like you know"

@rudyrsr8
Alas, it was only a 5-year contract, which has now expired.

OT: they should keep RE5 on the HD consoles--survival horror games need cutting-edge graphics to stay immersive and scary, so a ported version would likely not have the proper effort put into it.

Now, a sidestory built from the ground up for Wii, that would be perfect. Upgraded RE4 engine showcasing the continued adventures of Leon, anyone??

MrPickles said:
@rudyrsr8
Alas, it was only a 5-year contract, which has now expired.

OT: they should keep RE5 on the HD consoles--survival horror games need cutting-edge graphics to stay immersive and scary,

That's not true. It's that certain kinds of art direction need a certain level of processing power, but it has not been established that RE5 will be like that. And some survival horror games can still work on the 5th gen. Play Dementium the Ward.

so a ported version would likely not have the proper effort put into it.

Now, a sidestory built from the ground up for Wii, that would be perfect. Upgraded RE4 engine showcasing the continued adventures of Leon, anyone??

A flashy-first game is awesome when it comes out. A great-first game is awesome forever.

Plus, just for the hell of it: Kelly Brook at the 2008 BAFTAs

DMeisterJ said:
@ Carlos710

So the PS360 versions of RE5 are going to control horribly? I didn't hear anyone crying foul of the controls before the Wii came out on RE4. People praised it for being the best controlled game of the series. Also, it's not that I don't like or want it on the Wii, just that for some reason, every game that isn't on the Wii has a petition to come out on the wii with the same tired excuse of it'd control better or something to that nature.

Why does it have to be an excuse?  If a game would control better on the Wii, then that's a substantial improvement and a good reason to consider making a Wii version.  And of course people didn't complain about the PS2 controls, because there was no Wii version to compare to.