By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - RE5 for Wii Petition

you honestly need this petition?

resident evil games this gen

Wii - 2
360 - 0
PS3 - 0

of course it will come out they are working on it already maybe 6 months at the most later than 360/PS3 version

Around the Network

i hope it gets released on wii but if it doesnt atleast i hope they bring a main RE game to wii

LordTheNightKnight said:
The Wii isn't tapped either, so that's not a valid argument.

Sure they will, but if all we have to work with is what the consoles have to show right now than Nintendo's best doesn't come close in the graphics department. I'm not saying they are bad, but they do falter when compared with a few games on the PS3 and 360.

Graphics aren't the only thing that are dampering the Wii, also what the Wii can process comes to play.

Forget the 360, can the Wii handle a game like MGS4? Without a doubt graphics would be hindered, but what else? I don't even want to imagine what Konami would have to cut out of the Wii version.

RolStoppable said:
Destroyer_of_knights said:
LordTheNightKnight said:

the only thing untapped about the wii is the motion sensing stuff, their is potential for unique/creative yet responsive controls to be fleshed out from the wiimote, but as far as graphics go, the wii is already running at or near it's peak.

Yes, because history has shown us that Mario games were always close to the limit of what the hardware can do. So the Wii has no potential left to show us impressive gains beyond Super Mario Galaxy.

On a sidenote, your screenname is funny in relation to the person you have quoted.

the reason I said the Wii has basically reached it's graphical limit is this, the Wii has the same hardware architecture as the Gamecube, the main differences are that it's suped up with more ram and higher bus speeds as well as a higher clocked CPU. This enables Wii developer such as retro studio to push the console to it's limits much sooner because the hardware architecture is already known to them.  Infact this was one of the key things nintnedo wanted, because it makes game development easier and cheaper for the developers as well as freeing up their time so they can spend it on making games with creative use of the wiimote.

personally I want it on Wii for the controls, and pn ps3/xbox360 for gfx. I will buy both versions lol. Yes I am that crazy about RE.

Around the Network
RolStoppable said:
LordTheNightKnight said:

the only thing untapped about the wii is the motion sensing stuff, their is potential for unique/creative yet responsive controls to be fleshed out from the wiimote, but as far as graphics go, the wii is already running at or near it's peak.

Yes, because history has shown us that Mario games were always close to the limit of what the hardware can do. So the Wii has no potential left to show us impressive gains beyond Super Mario Galaxy.

On a sidenote, your screenname is funny in relation to the person you have quoted.

the reason I said the Wii has basically reached it's graphical limit is this, the Wii has the same hardware architecture as the Gamecube, the main differences are that it's suped up with more ram and higher bus speeds as well as a higher clocked CPU. This enables Wii developer such as retro studio to push the console to it's limits much sooner because the hardware architecture is already known to them. Infact this was one of the key things nintnedo wanted, because it makes game development easier and cheaper for the developers as well as freeing up their time so they can spend it on making games with creative use of the wiimote.

Tell us ONE developer that has tapped Gamecube's power besides Capcom with RE4.

Famine said:
LordTheNightKnight said:

Sure they will, but if all we have to work with is what the consoles have to show right now than Nintendo's best doesn't come close in the graphics department. I'm not saying they are bad, but they do falter when compared with a few games on the PS3 and 360.

Graphics aren't the only thing that are dampering the Wii, also what the Wii can process comes to play.

Forget the 360, can the Wii handle a game like MGS4? Without a doubt graphics would be hindered, but what else? I don't even want to imagine what Konami would have to cut out of the Wii version.

Also take a look at Little Big Planet, if done on the wii then the graphics will take a nose dive but for the time being lets forget about that, because one of the key things that would be sacrificed so that LBP could be done on the wii would be physics. LBP has gameplay which runs on real time physics, interactions with many objects that react realistically, that's really a key thing of LBP and one that would be drastically reduced for the wii.

The thing is, any game can be done on the wii, but the question is, what would be sacrificed in order to make it work on the wii.

routsounmanman said:
RolStoppable said:
LordTheNightKnight said:

the reason I said the Wii has basically reached it's graphical limit is this, the Wii has the same hardware architecture as the Gamecube, the main differences are that it's suped up with more ram and higher bus speeds as well as a higher clocked CPU. This enables Wii developer such as retro studio to push the console to it's limits much sooner because the hardware architecture is already known to them. Infact this was one of the key things nintnedo wanted, because it makes game development easier and cheaper for the developers as well as freeing up their time so they can spend it on making games with creative use of the wiimote.

how about factor 5 with Star Wars Rogue Squadron: Rogue Leader II, these guys new how to push the Gamecube hardware, and then their Retro studio with MP2.

routsounmanman said:
RolStoppable said:
LordTheNightKnight said:

how about factor 5 with Star Wars Rogue Squadron: Rogue Leader II, these guys new how to push the Gamecube hardware, and then their Retro studio with MP2.

Resident Evil 4 looked way better than both of these games; anyway, PS2 accunted for Gamecube and Xbox's graphical prowess not being fully exploited. Most developers just poored over their PS2 games. This generation, some developers will be forced to exploit the Wii (I will be VERY surprised if Monster Hunter 3 doesn't look awesome)

routsounmanman said:
routsounmanman said:
RolStoppable said:
LordTheNightKnight said:

Resident Evil 4 looked way better than both of these games; anyway, PS2 accunted for Gamecube and Xbox's graphical prowess not being fully exploited. Most developers just poored over their PS2 games. This generation, some developers will be forced to exploit the Wii (I will be VERY surprised if Monster Hunter 3 doesn't look awesome)

Most likley, and this wouldn't surprise me a bit, they'll just use a modified MH ps2/psp graphics engine, slap it on the wii and see how it sells, hell they could even use the zack and wiki engine