By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - RE5 for Wii Petition

Um, Umbrella Corp was developed from the ground up.

A flashy-first game is awesome when it comes out. A great-first game is awesome forever.

Plus, just for the hell of it: Kelly Brook at the 2008 BAFTAs

Around the Network
konnichiwa said:
Girl Gamer Elite said:
I guess the fear it could happen is just too overwhelming. *shrugs*

Why should any X360/PS3 owner be scared if the Wii gets also RE5?

I have to say that the thought is initially silly, but the few times this thread has been made, somepople have gotten quite agitated at the possiblity.

And then I'm reminded that there are still people whining and 'boycotting' DMC4 because of the 360 port.

Tag - "No trolling on my watch!"

ClaudeLv250 said:
konnichiwa said:
Girl Gamer Elite said:
I guess the fear it could happen is just too overwhelming. *shrugs*

Why should any X360/PS3 owner be scared if the Wii gets also RE5?

I have to say that the thought is initially silly, but the few times this thread has been made, somepople have gotten quite agitated at the possiblity.

And then I'm reminded that there are still people whining and 'boycotting' DMC4 because of the 360 port.

It's not really a port, as the game is being released a the same time. Plus Capcom states that the build was done on the PC, so that it's not even being adapted from the PS3.

Otherwise, those are whiny brats for their complaints. For those few, they just don't want the Wii to have this game, rather than actually think it's not needed for the system. 

A flashy-first game is awesome when it comes out. A great-first game is awesome forever.

Sorry, but the Wii is a cheap sonsole for a reason - It's hardware isn't that advanced. In this case, it can not handle RE5. Enjoy the benefits you have and accept the downsides. That's all I gotta say, good luck.

Just get a PS3.

Around the Network
Aj_habfan said:
Sorry, but the Wii is a cheap sonsole for a reason - It's hardware isn't that advanced. In this case, it can not handle RE5. Enjoy the benefits you have and accept the downsides. That's all I gotta say, good luck.

QFT!!!

Although I'd really like a real RE game on the Wii (and, BTW people, Umbrella Chronicles is a very good game -not excellent mind- for its genre; they're usually not very deep, they're quite short and don't offer any incentive to go through again; UC is a definite 8 for me), I really want RE5 to be on Xbox360/PS3. If this game gets ported to the Wii (if possible), it will be seriously stripped down and pretty bad, IMO. Just pray Wii get a new ground-up (not on-rails) RE game; that'll rock. If you want RE5 so bad, pay 300$-500$ for it; noone makes you pay for it!

Destroyer_of_knights said:
Aj_habfan said:

QFT!!!

DAMN! Beat me to it.

I don't want to sing the tune that most developers are singing: That they still haven't tapped into the hardware's true potential. But it's true.

I remember seeing comparison shots of games that were released the first year for consoles, such as the PS1, PS2, Xbox, and Gamecube, with games that were released later on, and the differences were quite startling. No, they did not compare a crappy game with a blockbuster.

360 and PS3 are still going to flex their muscles, and developers will make sure they get a good work-out.

But forget graphics, what about what's within the game? What if Capcom made it possible that more than 10+, or even 20+ enemies were on the screen at the same time, would the Wii seriously handle that? I'm not talking about 5 guys here, another 2 there, and 3 more up there, I'm talking about walking into an area and there is a little militia barreling down at you.

I don't know what Capcom will do, but it's a tad bit too early to proceed in calling Capcom ignorant for not releasing, or as of yet not planning to release RE5 on the Wii.

Here is Gamepro's list of 48 most anticipated games of 2008: http://www.gamepro.com/gamepro/international/games/features/151254.shtml

There are quite a few games that will be making their way onto both the PS3 and 360. Maybe there is a reason as to why the Wii isn't included, which could very well be the same reason as to why the Wii won't get RE5.

The Wii isn't tapped either, so that's not a valid argument.

LordTheNightKnight said:
The Wii isn't tapped either, so that's not a valid argument.

the only thing untapped about the wii is the motion sensing stuff, their is potential for unique/creative yet responsive controls to be fleshed out from the wiimote, but as far as graphics go, the wii is already running at or near it's peak.