By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Texan declared innocent after 30 years in prison

DALLAS – A Texas man declared innocent Tuesday after 30 years in prison had at least two chances to make parole and be set free — if only he would admit he was a sex offender. But Cornelius Dupree Jr. refused to do so, doggedly maintaining his innocence in a 1979 rape and robbery, in the process serving more time for a crime he didn't commit than any other Texas inmate exonerated by DNA evidence.

Read more at http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20110104/ap_on_re_us/us_dna_exoneration_texas#mwpphu-container

I got to thank the innocence project for doing such good work. Sometimes this kind of news makes me sad,seeing how America was so easy to throw black men in jail without even the slightest care for his human life.

Around the Network

I'd admit to shooting JFK if it would stop me from getting raped in the butt for 30 years.  Good for him, though.  He stuck to his guns.

totally never any white people wrongfully convicted

"I like my steaks how i like my women.  Bloody and all over my face"

"Its like sex, but with a winner!"

MrBubbles Review Threads: Bill Gates, Jak II, Kingdom Hearts II, The Strangers, Sly 2, Crackdown, Zohan, Quarantine, Klungo Sssavesss Teh World, MS@E3'08, WATCHMEN(movie), Shadow of the Colossus, The Saboteur

MrBubbles said:

totally never any white people wrongfully convicted

Yes, because white people definitely were getting thrown in jail without fair trials in the 1970s

I would be pissed if i was him.

Around the Network

poor guy, bet it feels good for him to be able to walk down the street after 30 years.. jesus!

the world in alot of ways has changed so much too 

I can just imagine him humming and thinking about the awesome 70s music while on the way out prison, and then he gets blasted by Justin Bieber's music by a cabbie or the first convenience store he visits.

PakChiuCheng said:

I can just imagine him humming and thinking about the awesome 70s music while on the way out prison, and then he gets blasted by Justin Bieber's music by a cabbie or the first convenience store he visits.

I would probably go back and falsely confess doing the crime

If it isn't turnbased it isn't worth playing   (mostly)

And shepherds we shall be,

For Thee, my Lord, for Thee. Power hath descended forth from Thy hand, That our feet may swiftly carry out Thy command. So we shall flow a river forth to Thee And teeming with souls shall it ever be. In Nomine Patris, et Filii, et Spiritūs Sancti. -----The Boondock Saints

Naum said:
PakChiuCheng said:

I would probably go back and falsely confess doing the crime

Lol can't say I'd blame him. Just imagine how different society will be for him.

won't he get at least some cash?