By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - The UK just ran out of WiiMotes on-line.

A friend of mine asked me yesterday if WiiMotes were hard to find, naturally I told him that there were loads in stock and that you can get them anywhere.  Well, this morning it stuck me that he must  have had a reason for asking that question so I checked on line.

Wiimotes are out of stock at : Amazon.co.uk, shopto.net, dab.co.uk GAME, Currys, Dixons and Tesco

Has anyone else noticed this in the UK or other parts of the world?

Todays challenge : Find a Wii Remote in stock online in the UK!

"..just keep on trying 'till you run out of cake"

Around the Network

WiiPlay in stock?

Brian ZuckerGeneral PR Manager, VGChartzbzucker@vgchartz.com

Digg VGChartz!

Follow VGChartz on Twitter!

Fan VGChartz on Facebook!

I have seen Wii consoles avaliable on Amazon for very short periods, but I haven't seen the Wiimote in stock for a long while, and I check amazon quite regularily. Wii with paper mario is currently in stock, and actually the 40GB is in the top ten, even if £30 cheaper than RRP

Damn, Wii is selling sickingly... Even my Aunt is gonna buy one since they played with it today... And they didn't even know what videogames meant ... They were just brabblin' about some thing with which you could tennnis inside... And i'm like, 'hey, we've got that... Wanna have a go?!...'

And they were instantely sold... Really freaky stuff, that Wii ...

THE NETHERLANDS

I have been around Leeds today (and White Rose Centre) and there were no remotes anywhere, i saw a small number of Nunchucks in a HMV, and quite a few Classic controllers. but no Remotes at all (including Wii play i think, i wasn't on the look out for it but i don't remember seeing it anyway)

naturally no Wii consoles either.

Around the Network

The DS is sold out on Amazon UK and the dealer prices are insane. Brain Training and BBA are sold as well.

loadedstatement said:
WiiPlay in stock?

That goes out of stock even faster then WiiMotes.

"..just keep on trying 'till you run out of cake"

the Wii with Super Paper mario has sold out in like an hour.... again.... in spite of them not being in stock till the 19th

hehe good i bought mine llllong ago

"I think people should define the word crap" - Kirby007

Join the Prediction League http://www.vgchartz.com/predictions

Instead of seeking to convince others, we can be open to changing our own minds, and seek out information that contradicts our own steadfast point of view. Maybe it’ll turn out that those who disagree with you actually have a solid grasp of the facts. There’s a slight possibility that, after all, you’re the one who’s wrong.

They cant bother wasting the plastic for Wiimotes, they need that material to forge more Wiis.