By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Adjustment to software sales?

I know the hardware numbes are pretty solid and even the source has said there won't be any comparison analasys but what about software?  The biggest culprit for me is rock band with vgchartz having it twice as low as npd.  Will these be handle on a case by case basis or does ioi think his software numbers are good enough at this point.

By the way not sure if anyone remember NPD said they lost toys r us as a source yet they said they now use other sources like amazon.  I check amazon alsmot on a daily basis just to see what is selling and the NPD software numbers mimic almost exactly what has been selling especially the top 10.  Could just be coincidence but it was pretty danm close. 

I personally trust the vgchartz numbers but with Rock Band my experience has been completely different from the numbers reported.  I know I am just 1 case but this game was being sold out in big retailers like best buy, target, and walmart in my area in the two weeks it was out and the local gamespot is still filling pre-order to this day.   Checking online I also saw sold outs.  Now I know it was in limited supply but those numbers from this site just seem too low.

Obviously thi is not an exact science but I hope Rock Band gets adjusted so those visiting the site can see how well it is doing even with the higher price tag as it is a kick ass game.  

Around the Network

I'm sure ioi will update accordingly, but he'll probably still keep some of his numbers, so VGC and NPD won't be exact 1:1, but they'll definetly be close in fit ya know. About a 5% range I guess.

I am 100% certain that ioi will adjust his sales numbers for Rock Band, Zack & Wiki, and other games.

Like always said, his sample size for certain kinds of stores (ie, general US retailers) is very small, or nonexistant. These stores cater to a broad audience, and in Rock Band's case, are a huge boon to sell games like Guitar Hero, Rock Band, and other semi-casual and core titles.

So with the new NPD data out, you can be sure that ioi will adjust the games that he's off by more than 15% on...

Back from the dead, I'm afraid.

if he doesnt adjust the figures I imagine many wont visit the site anymore. Knowing cod4 is over 1.6 million in november US alone and then seeing it at 1 million on vgcharts despite having more time to sell.. Just makes me unhappy with the site if I dont see it change, same for rockband.

Note: Some games in my collection are no longer owned, but have owned.