By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - CNN's Top 10 For 2010: Heavy Rain Nabs Top Spot

CNN's Top 10 For 2010: Heavy Rain Nabs Top Spot

While nobody in the industry is going to call CNN a top source for hardcore gamers, it's undeniable that a great many people will see their Top 10 list.

Therefore, it's kinda cool that Quantic Dream's masterpiece,Heavy Rain, sits at #1 in the 10 Best Video Games of 2010 lineup. The highly accomplished and singular interactive drama impressed a great many people...especially those with attention spans longer than that of a gnat. It's also interesting to note that Rockstar's Red Dead Redemption - a game we certainly appreciate - came in at #2 and God of War III made an appearance at #8. It isn't a bad list, in truth, as many of the year's best are found there, although you can bet many will find the inclusion of Call of Duty: Black Opsto be your default mainstream selection that doesn't necessarily take reviews and analysis into account. Also, one other thing: FIFA Soccer 11 is #7 and although that may seem strange to a lot of you, from what Arnold tells me, it's deserving of that slot. For consumers who aren't too checked out on the best of the best, it's a fair assembly of quality.

We think Gran Turismo 5 should be on there but most simply aren't qualified to judge that game in the first place, and there's not enough love going 'round for Battlefield: Bad Company 2 or Vanquish, but that's okay. Our awards are coming soon...

12/30/2010 10:45:32 AM Ben Dutka

http://www.psxextreme.com/ps3-news/8348.html

Around the Network

I can hardly disagree with their list. It's a good one actually. There's a bit of everything. Awesome first choice.

GOW 3 was better imo

They're correct with Bad Company 2... In all the 2010 reviews that I've seen, I haven't even seen Bad Company 2 as runner up, or even nominated =

"Being single is easier on the gaming life, and the wallet."

can someone tell me how many posts i need before i can make a thread?

Around the Network
9087 said:

You need 100 posts to make a thread.

CGI-Quality said:

That makes two tops spots confirmed for HR, the first being from TheSixthAxis. Wouldn't have suspected such results some 10-11 months ago.

remember when ppl were saying Heavy Rain wouldnt even make 1 million sales? Looks like the LTD will be DOUBLE that eventually.

Boutros said:
9087 said:

You need 100 posts to make a thread.

it appears I have 100 posts and still dont see the Make New Thread option. What is going on?

I want to make a thread .

Oh and congrats Heavy Rain (Happy Face).

Although the Heavy Rain was a good game I wouldn't say it was 2010 best. Final fantasy 13, bayonetta, mass effect 2, and star ocean the last hope were all better than it. But all this is just opinion.

PSN ID: Stokesy 

Add me if you want but let me know youre from this website