By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Is Sony gonna TV-advertise DC Universe or LBP2?

DCUO is less than 2 weeks away and LBP2 is about 3 weeks away.  DCUO, considering it's a new IP, isn't gonna have a big opening week, but commercials with Superman, Batman, and Joker would be phenomenal. 

And how about LittleBigPlanet 2?  Again, LBP2 isn't the type of game that is gonna come out the gate fast and will likely sell like the first game with good legs, but how about some ads on American TV? 

If these games were on xbox360, I would have already seen a Pepsi bottle with Lex Luther on it and ads on primetime big network (CBS, ABC, etc.). 

I've seen some Killzone 3 ads on SpikeTV, but who watches SpikeTV?   I wish Sony would step up on the promotion.

Around the Network

i doubt it, you hardly see any PS3 adverts anyway, especially compared to Xbox360 in which your almost certain to see a 360 on TV during a break in the program your watching. But i dont think DC Universe is going to sell well anyway, i honestly think the game is Complete rubbish.

You might see a little advertising for LBP2 because that game has got Massive potential so Sony would be stupid not to do something with it.

PSN ID: Stokesy 

Add me if you want but let me know youre from this website

Mass Effect 2 commercial during NFC championship game Saints-Vikings was the best video game commercial ever.  Big opening week but weak legs. 

The first LittleBigPlanet sold 4 million on word of mouth with non-existent advertisements.  The 2nd game has massive potential.  A primetime commercial that shows off the graphics and power of LBP2 would be awesome of its sale. 

DC Universe (which I think it's a great game) has lots of untapped potential with all the DC fanboys out there.

Now that i think about it, i'm not sure why this isnt also on the 360. logic suggests that the 360s online capabilities arent the right capacity to play MMOs. this to me explains why its exclusive in the first place. not because Microsoft dont want it, but because their online service isnt suited to this type of game.

anyway this dosent rule out that Warner Bros wont market the game. this could be a big thing for them, since they recently established a game studio coming off the heels of Batman Arkham Asylum's success. and i'm guessing they have enough money for advertising on the scale of MIcrosoft, which is something Sony dont have.

so i think they will advertise, which could mean huge advertisments.

i think Sony will try to advertise both to some degree. on the other hand i haven't seen any advertisements from Sony any where?

Around the Network

Theres little point in advertising a game weeks before it releases IMO, BIG waste of money to do that. might as well wait til the product is available then advertise.

sony will do TV ads for both of them much closer to thier dates.

DCUO I have no idea how it will do, but LBP2 should have a a week 1 of more than 600k, based on the preorders. Which by the way is double the first week of LBP. The game will be bundled just as much as LBP1 and will eclipse LBP1s numbers. 

A203D said:

Now that i think about it, i'm not sure why this isnt also on the 360. logic suggests that the 360s online capabilities arent the right capacity to play MMOs. this to me explains why its exclusive in the first place. not because Microsoft dont want it, but because their online service isnt suited to this type of game.

anyway this dosent rule out that Warner Bros wont market the game. this could be a big thing for them, since they recently established a game studio coming off the heels of Batman Arkham Asylum's success. and i'm guessing they have enough money for advertising on the scale of MIcrosoft, which is something Sony dont have.

The fact that Sony owns the game might have a reason for why DCUO isn't on 360 as well.....

LBP2 they definitely will, seeing as the original got TV advertising. Sony lift the embargo on reviews for LBP2 on Jan 4th - 2 weeks before the thing even releases, which to me just shows how much confidence they have in the product and what they intend to do with it.

Hopefully they'll tie some of it in with making it a big pusher for move too, as the move needs a new game to promote it. Either way we'll hear alot about it in a few weeks, sure of a few TV ads but I'd suspect they'll be more focused on the internet / viral marketing, tbh I think alot of these beta leaks (LBP Windows, Final Fantasy battles etc) are just to garner up some interest.

DCUO is a difficult one, I'm sure they'll push it but it still depends on how the reviews go, how beta feedback is and whether it looks like people can stomach the $15 sub-fee. I don't view an MMO as something you need an all out onslaught of a first week marketing campaign so they might spread the budget out and focus the marketing on through specfic, targeted outlets, to start with.

http://www.etradinglife.com

" preferential, my friend! ! Christmas is coming, quick to our website shopping, our web site shopping there will be something different, unexpected things to you, let you have different sense, our website wholesale various fashion shoes, such as Nike, Jordan, prada, also includes the jeans, shirt, bags, hats and decoration. All these products are our free transport, prices are competitive, we can also accept paypal j, after the payment within short time, can ship.

competitive price

any size available

accept the paypal

SOCCER JERSEY 16US

jordan shoes $32

Christan Audigier bikini $23

Ed Hardy Bikini $23

Sunglass $15

COACH_Necklace $27

handbag $33

AF tank woman $17

A203D said:

monthly game costs wouldn't work on 360

pay for game, play for live, play for monthly cost=not gonna work. thats the reason champions never came out for it.

not to mention the fact SONY is developing AND publishing it.