By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - EMEAA 25th December Up!

Euphoria14 said:
thx1139 said:
Wagram said:
D-Joe said:

oh last week no 360 gift card(or something)deal in america?

I believe that was the week before. Last week was Wii ($75)/PS3($100) off at Walmart.

The PS3 and Wii deal at Walmart was mostly the 17th and 18th of December. By the time Sunday the 19th came around Walmart supply was depleted.  For more information about the deals at the big retailers in US take a look at this.

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=120828&page=1

Werent any major deals the week of this report.

TheSource said:

X360 sales in the USA are largely on the $75 giftcard for the $300 sku at Walmart.

Next week has no such deal (Dec 25 week), just a $20 discount on the Kinect bundle at Target but its the biggest shopping week of the year in the USA, and so the fall off won't be too bad.

Wii / PS3 have deep discounts for Dec 19 in the USA (Sunday before Christmas). After that, Wii has $50 discounts at Toys R Us and Best Buy.

With another 900k - 1m week in the USA for Dec 25, the Wii should be well on its way to a second 3.5m ish December in the USA.

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=3829506

This was from last weeks sales thread for WW.

They are not going to end the last weekend before Christmas without any stock. People claim SONY overshipped for months now, surely they should have plenty left right?

Take a look at the my link. The week ending Dec 18th in USA nearly every retailer had Wii on sale or with a gift card culminating with the weekend $75 gift card at Walmart. You would have been a fool to not pick up the Wii that week if it was on your shopping list.  As for the Walmart gift card deals.  People lined up for those Friday night and Walmart sold out quickly.  Maybe some replenishment for Sunday, but not much.   360 sales that week were not just the Walmart deal the Walmart deal was the non-Kinect 250GB console.  MS made one last push of supply for Christmas week and Kinect bundles and Kinect sensors were available in large quantities this should more than make up for the Walmart gift card being over.

Its libraries that sell systems not a single game.

Around the Network

thx1139 said:

Take a look at the my link. The week ending Dec 18th in USA nearly every retailer had Wii on sale or with a gift card culminating with the weekend $75 gift card at Walmart. You would have been a fool to not pick up the Wii that week if it was on your shopping list.  As for the Walmart gift card deals.  People lined up for those Friday night and Walmart sold out quickly.  Maybe some replenishment for Sunday, but not much.   360 sales that week were not just the Walmart deal the Walmart deal was the non-Kinect 250GB console.  MS made one last push of supply for Christmas week and Kinect bundles and Kinect sensors were available in large quantities this should more than make up for the Walmart gift card being over.

Still doesn't prove or disprove anything. Plus as I said, supposedly SONY overshipped according to many so I doubt stock is gone, especially with last weeks sales numbers.

We will know either today or tomorrow.

iPhone = Great gaming device. Don't agree? Who cares, because you're wrong.

Currently playing:

Final Fantasy VI (iOS), Final Fantasy: Record Keeper (iOS) & Dragon Quest V (iOS)     

Got a retro room? Post it here!

Nintendogamer said:
Euphoria14 said:

No, they still have some work to do.

3D Dot Game Heroes                                                                                                        Americas    Japan      EMEAA         WW

3D Dot Game Heroes (PS3)
Atlus
0.19 0.03 0.07 0.29

Why play that when I could just play the original zelda? :P

ZING!!!

Not cool bro.

Currently playing:

Final Fantasy VI (iOS), Final Fantasy: Record Keeper (iOS) & Dragon Quest V (iOS)     

Euphoria14 said:
thx1139 said:

Still doesn't prove or disprove anything. Plus as I said, supposedly SONY overshipped according to many so I doubt stock is gone, especially with last weeks sales numbers.

Overshipped doesnt mean they all went to Walmart for 1 weekend.  We will have an idea today or tomorrow and really know once NPD comes out in January.

Its libraries that sell systems not a single game.

Around the Network
thx1139 said:
Euphoria14 said:
thx1139 said:

Overshipped doesnt mean they all went to Walmart for 1 weekend.  We will have an idea today or tomorrow and really know once NPD comes out in January.

I know that, but I am still pretty sure Walmart still account for a nice chunk percentage wise.

I know Amazon is something like 4%.

Currently playing:

So 360 only behind PS3 about 70k, not bad. Curious to see how they compare in the Americas with the gift card in PS' favor, should be close but I wouldn't be too surprised if 360 comes out on top of the PS WW again this week.

I can't stop thinking about how decimated the numbers will soon be. 

I LOVE paying for Xbox Live! I also love that my love for it pisses off so many people.

Buhahahhahaha I like those GT5 numbers :D so 3million in EMEAA alone by next week? That's just insane

In-Kat-We-Trust Brigade!

"This world is Merciless, and it's also very beautiful"

For All News/Info related to the PlayStation Vita, Come and join us in the Official PSV Thread!

Noticable bumps for the Fallouts in week 10.  Probably the bug fix.   Star Wars used to be a worldwide phenom didn't it?  66th and 145th place and .47m combined in 9 holiday wks must be a shock to Lucasarts.  NA will be better obviously but the glory days are gone. 

Kinect has sold 1.67m ( /- 10%) outside NA.  No one would buy Adventures without the HW.   So maybe 2 incl. Jap. by year end.  GT continues to impress during the holidays.  I don't mean to dis the site but there are bound to be adjustments especially on the best-selling items in this gigantic region.  Ubi's Danceathon edges out the best-selling version of Black Ops.  It's the vg business in microcosm.  Enjoy the nos this week folks.  HNY.

Great sales for 360! The only console than ground up this year! Great for GT5 but the marketing is help it too much... I thik it is overated. And WTF with Halo Reach in EMMA!? Even Fable III sales better! Reach is in the scores of all magazines much better than Black Ops! I imagine than Modern Warefare 2 create the fame...