By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - PlayStation 3 versus Xbox 360 - End all Arguments - Please Help

Can somebody that knows allot about the technical specifications of video games consoles, electronics, hardware and software please help me analyze this article: PS3 vs. Xbox 360

http://dpad.gotfrag.com/portal/story/35372/?spage=2

Separate the truth from the lies and explain what each numbers mean and which numbers are important to making great video games. Also please provide your source where you got your information from. Like a website, book, own knowledge.

Thanks in advance

Around the Network

The Playstation 3 is the best damn console available! End of Story. That's all you need to know!

Frankly, I haven't seen anyone actually debunk that article, just claim it's been debunked. Plus the ones that make that claim tend to be fanboys.

This doesn't mean the PS3 is weaker than the 360, just that no one has actually disproved this article in any way I've seen.

A flashy-first game is awesome when it comes out. A great-first game is awesome forever.

Plus, just for the hell of it: Kelly Brook at the 2008 BAFTAs

don't worry about all that BS. Buy the one that has the better appealing games to you. Not on theoretical numbers and lies made by both of them..

A console is all about the games. Go to a shop or online see what each has to offer and will offer in the future and that will be what you want.

Wow I can't believe people are giving serious replise. He has posted this what three times? He is either a bot, advertiser, or is asking a bunch of randomers to do his homework.

Around the Network

The stuff about the processors is accurate, but the bit about blu-ray read speeds is wrong as the BD drive uses CLV not CAV.
The guy also raves about the ATI R600 chip (unreleased at the time) but graphics cards utilising it benchmarked well below expectations. What he says about anti-aliasing appears likely though.

Thats a bunch of shit i don't understand. All i know is I like my PS3 and theres no 360 in my near future.

Played_Out said:
The stuff about the processors is accurate, but the bit about blu-ray read speeds is wrong as the BD drive uses CLV not CAV.
The guy also raves about the ATI R600 chip (unreleased at the time) but graphics cards utilising it benchmarked well below expectations. What he says about anti-aliasing appears likely though.

Well regardless of the details, games have been loading slower on the PS3, even with the HDD to stream from. 

A flashy-first game is awesome when it comes out. A great-first game is awesome forever.

Plus, just for the hell of it: Kelly Brook at the 2008 BAFTAs

LordTheNightKnight said:
Played_Out said:

Well regardless of the details, games have been loading slower on the PS3, even with the HDD to stream from.

Which games?  Project 8 lmao? Uncharted has a 3 second load time when you first start the game and not a single one after the fact.  Ratchet has 4~5 seconds between planets.  Seriously are you making your comments based on shitty ubi & EA ports?  CoD4 loads hella fast to.  Tell me any game 360 exclusive that has a 3 second inital load time with no other loads from then on?  Can you do that please?

And as I've spoken to VG chartz before the BD drive is hardly a weakness in the PS3.  There is more or less no speed difference between the 360's 12x drive when reading DL disks and PS3's 2x BD drive reading BD's or DL BD's.  And guess what the PS3 doesn't sound like a jet plane when it reads disks ZOMG Fanboy Comment x_x.  My bad...

i personally belive the playstation 3 is the best console...it hype is just starting to really take off now it seems like since halo 3 is over really the xbox 360 has no hype. So i would go with the playstation 3. It has a amazing game line up alreadyand also look at the games coming out for the ps3 in 2008....
Final Fanasty 13
Killzone 2
LittleBigPlanet
Metal Gear Solid 4
Home
that just some....

Predicted end of gen Results

PS3--------58,000,000  Ps3 takes the lead it late 2009 and never loses the lead again

Wii---------43,000,000 Wii fade starts to die out in summer 2008 and sales decrease

Xbox 360----27,000,000