By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Certain Multiplatform games should be exclusive to one console

Certain Multiplatform games should be exclusive to one console

Yes 35 53.85%

No 14 21.54%

Depending on the game/genre 14 21.54%

other (specify on the trend) 2 3.08%

Total:65

I think certain games fail to chart for a number of reasons. Enslaved might have suffered a bit due to a bad release date and having namco bandai as their publisher. Sony or Microsoft alone probably could have done a much better job marketing the game as a must-have rather than a "rental".

I think some people get the allure that a game is better than average if it is 1st party published. If they see a few versions of the game on multiple platforms they probably think less of it. In a way though, not having to make a game across two platforms can benefit a game as you can use a console's strengths with no other hardware compromises in mind.

Bayonetta was completely made with the 360 in mind according to DF while the PS3 wasn't even taken into consideration... and the 360 version flourished for this reason. The sales on both consoles sucked however. Vanquish if im certain is sub-hd on both consoles, and imo was downgraded in order to make the versions identical. And that game didn't sell anything either.

So what is the solution in these cases? Going exclusive? Im not sure really... Go for parity on both consoles, multiplatform release, and sell crappy? Or go for exclusive release, and sell crappy? Its a tough choice.

Around the Network

^^^^ good points but it is also interesting to note that the PS3 version of Bayonetta still outsold the 360 one.

bonkers555 said:

All Shooters, American Sports (NBA, NFL, NHL and MLB) and WRPG genre games on the 360.

All Sandbox, JRPGs, Racer and Hack and Slash genre games on the PS3.

Multiplat everything for the Wii.

Better yet give sandbox to the 360 and fighting to the PS3. that would make more sense.

19:44:34 Skeezer METAL GEAR ONLINE
19:44:36 Skeezer FAILURE
19:44:51 ABadClown You're right!
19:44:55 ABadClown Hur hur hur
19:45:01 Skeezer i meant
19:45:04 Skeezer YOU ARE A FAILKURE
19:45:08 Skeezer FAILURE*
oniyide said:

@jarrod 100% agree

@Mr. Khan  are you kidding?? the Conduit sold terribly, I dont even think it did half mil.  Quantum Theory positive buzz??? That game failed because it sucked, I dont see why this is a hard concept, there is no cloak and dagger theories here. Crappy games for the most part dont sell well, and that is the way it should be

I agree, but certainly The Conduit got a *lot* more attention than it otherwise would have, even if that didn't help sales (though we can never know what sales would have been if it were, say, a PS360 game), and the only time anyone seemed to care about Quantum Theory at all was when it was believed to be a PS3 exclusive. It is believable that it could at least have gotten more attention if it had stayed that way, and attention could definitely have helped its miserable sales

Such tactics won't save a bad game, but it can certainly make a difference.

Monster Hunter: pissing me off since 2010.

@Mr. Khan  sure it did get attention but IMHO it think the HD sales would have at the least been the same, look at Haze that game is a exclusive and got critically panned, moreso than conduit. and it still sold more than 800,000 lot more than Conduit. I think the audience for FPSs on Wii is much lower than either HD.  Quantum Theory still would have sucked and sold the same because it was a bad game period. Everyone I know who played it said it was crap and the PS3 still outsold the 360 version, you honestly dont think people will buy games just cause their exclusive??? no matter how crappy they are???

Around the Network

no way! the more the merrier I think. Everyone in a perfect world everyone should be able to enjoy these games without having to shell out for another console that in reality does everything in a very similar way.

worst idea ever, as shooters seem to sell better on the 360 and me myself wouldn't own a 360 just to shoot somebody. thats the stupidest idea ever buying a console for one game or one genre!

platformers only on the Wii? man thats the craziest idea ever. it would never work. as a Nintendo fan my self the buck stops with Mario, but Mario games are more then just pltaformers? there like every genre in 1.there like red velvet with the iceing on the cake. its hard to pass up.

PS3? man where do i go from here? not only does it do everything(except the obvious/then again im sure it can cook a steak if you give it a power source and something to cook on: yea man the power of the cell), but every genre already comes standard from the internal development teams. its veriety at its best? so we already have a console that has every genre exclusive to it.(the endings alittle weak, but i went with it.)

to each his own every game can't be a hit, or can it?