By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - 2011 line up ultimately all about Kinect? - Stephen McGill

Microsoft has claimed that its 2011 will "ultimately be all about Kinect" - as the device spearheads a "brilliant" line-up on 360.

MS's director of Xbox and Entertainment for the UK, Stephen McGill, was asked what the secret to Xbox's success so far had been in the latest issue of Xbox World 360.

As you may expect, he said it mainly came down to "incredible games", but added: "It's also about great entertainment and that's another key factor for us. We were the first company - and the best company, I think - to offer regular updates to our service so you don't have to keep on buying new bits of hardware.

"Every few months we've been doing new services such as introducing movies and music so we continue to evolve."

Discussing next year's prospects, McGill added: "As for the future, we've got a brilliant line-up for 2011 but it's ultimately all about Kinect. Kinect is going to blow people's minds. They're [already] buying it, but we've got a line-up of Kinect games that will blow people away."

Source

In-Kat-We-Trust Brigade!

"This world is Merciless, and it's also very beautiful"

For All News/Info related to the PlayStation Vita, Come and join us in the Official PSV Thread!

Around the Network

They musta been thinking this is April 1. Instead of Christmas.

Microsoft shouldn't be so foolish to believe they can alienate their hardcore base and retain a good standing, so I am going to assume they are coming up with more hardcore Kinect games. Gears and Child of Eden are good ways to start, but we'll need more.

Ultimately I agree with axumblade; give us multiple ways to play the game. Also, if companies want to experiment with the Kinect . . . how about patching it into some already made games in their spare time? Ya know, to screw around with :3

GOTY Contestants this year: Dead Space 2, Dark Souls, Tales of Graces f. Everything else can suck it.

boo !!! I give a thumbs down. Looks like my 360 will be in retirement until the next holiday season to play gears.

Microsoft need to be like SONY in the way that sonys Move titles are things like LittleBigPlanet2 and Killzone 3, i would have brought them anyway but im so happy Move will work with them. 

Kinect in Gears, next Halo maybe? (ONLY AS AN OPTION) 

Around the Network

Well, I don't want to automatically assume that if their focus is on Kinect that it means a shit load of shovelware. Being optimistic about it, one can see where it could mean a lot of hardcore Kinect titles where, as Axumblade said, the player is able to use either or. 

I LOVE paying for Xbox Live! I also love that my love for it pisses off so many people.

xD. I may actually consider buying a 360/Kinect for the hillarity of playing "Halo: Fitness Evolved" (weren't they talking about remaking the original?) should they ever make it, :P. I mean, with this announcement, it's actually possible.

“These are my principles; if you don’t like them, I have others.” – Groucho Marx

PlaystaionGamer said:

Microsoft need to be like SONY in the way that sonys Move titles are things like LittleBigPlanet2 and Killzone 3, i would have brought them anyway but im so happy Move will work with them. 

Kinect in Gears, next Halo maybe? (ONLY AS AN OPTION) 

It's easier for Sony to tack on Move controls to existing games like LBP and FPS titles like Killzone.  Kinect, as you can see doesn't really go well with tack on controls and thus games have to be built with the device from the ground up.  Since you can use the 360 controller with Kinect, you might see developers include Kinect functionality but I doubt it.

Well MS....go and impress me with your KINECT lineup.

Kinect games, non-Kinect games, core and casual games, and other third-party titles in the pipeline. 

http://ie.xbox360.ign.com/articles/114/1140358p1.html