By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Can The Last Story usurp Final Fantasy as the best selling console JRPG?

Can The Last Story usurp Final Fantasy as the best selling console JRPG?

Yes 65 27.31%

No 173 72.69%

Total:238

`

You can just feel the quality this game has just by hearing the music. Something that hasn't been felt since FFVI and FFVII.

3DS Friend Code:   4596-9822-6909

Around the Network
Christian973 said:

`

You can just feel the quality this game has just by hearing the music. Something that hasn't been felt since FFVI and FFVII.

I agree. Thats why I think the game has the potential to do so well.

Nope. From what I have seen from the trailer, I'm far from impressed. This doesn't look to me like an amazing new series. It just looks like another Jrpg. Oh, the combat 'looks' nice. But, there are two factors that worry me:

1) How much the game will focus on 'story' and 'character emotion' (Iwata has said this to be a new RPG which focuses on human emotion and THAT worries me).

2) How much complex will the customization be? Will it substitute good old RPG terms for bullshit/cheesy/ridiculous ones? Will it include horrible crafting? All kinds of collectathons? More than one possible kind of grinding?

I may seem to be quite cynic  without even giving the game a chance, but  I have been let down by RPGs quite a bit in this generation with each proclaiming to be the best when they were clearly not. In a way, I actually hope to be wrong.

"He who asks is a fool for five minutes, but he who does not ask remains a fool forever. " So, go ahead and ask.

I really think the game will surprise many people and do quite well.  But is won't outsell the JRPG big 3 (pokemon, FF, DQ), I would love it too, but it won't.

Yes, because JRPGs are selling incredibly well on Wii in Europe.

There's basically no JRPG audience on Wii in Europe. Then again there's no JRPG audience in Europe on any console except for Final Fantasy.

“The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.” - Bertrand Russell

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace."

Jimi Hendrix

Around the Network
binary solo said:

There's basically no JRPG audience on Wii in Europe. Then again there's no JRPG audience in Europe on any console except for Final Fantasy.

Lost Odyssey didn't do too bad in Europe.

Rockstar: Announce Bully 2 already and make gamers proud!

Kojima: Come out with Project S already!

binary solo said:

Dragon Quest IX says hi

Take a look at my photos on flickr

i hope it does, that might open SE eyes to the fact that REAL JRPGs arent dead.

binary solo said:

Yeah because pokemon totally flopped here in Europe.

MrT-Tar said:
binary solo said:

Yeah because pokemon totally flopped here in Europe.

To be fair, I think he was referring to home consoles.

Rockstar: Announce Bully 2 already and make gamers proud!

Kojima: Come out with Project S already!