By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - GameSpot's Best of 2010: Best Shooter

The Best Shooter category recognizes the best games that let you take control of a character, ship, or talking robot and shoot your enemies into oblivion.

http://asia.gamespot.com/best-of-2010/genre-awards/index.html?page=7

Around the Network

agreed.

Halo really deserves it.

Awesome campaign
awesome multiplayer
firefight
forgeworld
splitscreen coop campaign and multiplayer
Online coop

it has it all.

Imagine not having GamePass on your console...

Honestly, nothing else came close to Halo this year.  Maybe Bad Company 2.

RolStoppable said:

Sin & Punishment: Successor of the Skies wasn't even nominated. Not that I am surprised.

Ha.  For some reason I read this as "Best FPS".

Both Sin & Punishment and Vanquish should probably be up there with Halo when looking at shooters in general, though I'd probably still give Halo the nod, for its sheer wealth of content.

makingmusic476 said:
RolStoppable said:

Sin & Punishment: Successor of the Skies wasn't even nominated. Not that I am surprised.

Ha.  For some reason I read this as "Best FPS".

Both Sin & Punishment and Vanquish should probably be up there with Halo when looking at shooters in general, though I'd probably still give Halo the nod, for its sheer wealth of content.

The wealth of content is unprecedented and, to be honest, the other two you mention really can't compare in that regard.

Around the Network

Black Ops was a great contender.

battlefield is better.

haven't played Halo but i know Battlefield was awesome

COD may sell more, but even though I have yet to play either of them I know that Halo : Reach has such an extraordinary amount of content to the point where nothing else could even hope to compete.

Well done MS and Bungie.

iPhone = Great gaming device. Don't agree? Who cares, because you're wrong.

Currently playing:

Final Fantasy VI (iOS), Final Fantasy: Record Keeper (iOS) & Dragon Quest V (iOS)     

Got a retro room? Post it here!

RolStoppable said:
Euphoria14 said:

COD may sell more, but even though I have yet to play either of them I know that Halo : Reach has such an extraordinary amount of content to the point where nothing else could even hope to compete.

Well done MS and Bungie.

I'll take it, you are drunk again.

Not yet, still working on it.

Was too busy cleaning the house and watching the final episode of "The Tester: Season 2" on PSN.

iPhone = Great gaming device. Don't agree? Who cares, because you're wrong.

Currently playing:

Final Fantasy VI (iOS), Final Fantasy: Record Keeper (iOS) & Dragon Quest V (iOS)     

Got a retro room? Post it here!