By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Grim Fandango should get a release on the DS

I think this would work perfectly on the ds & could actually have a mini revival for the cult classic. Games like Hotel Dusk and Phoenix Wright have done well, & im sure Grim Fandango could find its place in a diverse market like the DS, so would be nice to see a port. It would be really easy to play the game with the touch screen too.

While we're at it, Monkey Island would be great too :p 

Do you think Lucas Arts should release these games again? Or are you in favour of more original games? Personally I think theyd have nothing to lose as im sure its not too hard to make these games for the DS & a new generation would enjoy them, especially the DS fans.

Around the Network

All Lucasfilm / Lucas Arts adventures would be great on the DS. Trouble is, Lucas Arts completely lost interest in the adventure genre when they realized they might as well pump out 200 Star Wars games and make more money.
At the same time they won't let anybody else work on their IP - Ron Gilbert (creator of Monkey Island I & II) tried to get the rights, but no luck.

Makes me sad, because the Lucasfilm Adventures are some of the best games ever made. Monkey Island I & II, Day of the Tentacle, Sam & Max, the Dig, Grim Fandango.

Currently playing: NSMB (Wii) 

Waiting for: Super Mario Galaxy 2 (Wii), The Last Story (Wii), Golden Sun (DS), Portal 2 (Wii? or OSX), Metroid: Other M (Wii), 
... and of course Zelda (Wii) 

Yeah but the one sure fire thing we know about Lucas and all his companys is MONEY is the bottom line. Monkey Island, Sam & Max, and Grim Fandango can easily sell hundreds of thousands of units, with minimal investment. Theyre really blind if they cant see this & its a real shame.

And IMO thats worst case scenario that they would sell a few hundred thousand...with a little bit of advertising & hype they could combined sell 1 - 3 million. If DS gamers have shown us one thing, its that theyre willing to give anything a try; and if they love it, slowly and surely it will sell ALOT.

oh well, we can dream :p