By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - PC Discussion - Steam Holiday Sale! Hundreds Of Deals EVERY DAY!

Which Indie Packs are you guys getting?  So far I've picked up the 2D Pack so I could finally get VVVVVV, but I'm on the fence about the others... and I think I already have half the Beat Pack.  Haven't even played the games I got at Thanksgiving yet.  Just about to get my new computer that can run all these games and then I'm pretty much set for the next year.

Around the Network
TWRoO said:

Thanks. Though they started already, and Deus Ex is finished Invisible War is taking ages though.

That's a blessing. It's rubbish.

The Ghost of RubangB said:

Which Indie Packs are you guys getting?  So far I've picked up the 2D Pack so I could finally get VVVVVV, but I'm on the fence about the others... and I think I already have half the Beat Pack.  Haven't even played the games I got at Thanksgiving yet.  Just about to get my new computer that can run all these games and then I'm pretty much set for the next year.

I haven't bought it yet, but I'm definitely getting the Indie Fright Pack. It's too awesome.

shio said:
The Ghost of RubangB said:

I haven't bought it yet, but I'm definitely getting the Indie Fright Pack. It's too awesome.

what you say is true. I bought it for zombie driver alone (which is awesome, btw) but the scourge project is suprisingly very polished so far that I've played. Also it looks gorgeous. Burn zombie burn is average, probably is best played with a controller. Haven't played the last two, but those seem to be the scariest games.

And that's the only thing I need is *this*. I don't need this or this. Just this PS4... And this gaming PC. - The PS4 and the Gaming PC and that's all I need... And this Xbox 360. - The PS4, the Gaming PC, and the Xbox 360, and that's all I need... And these PS3's. - The PS4, and these PS3's, and the Gaming PC, and the Xbox 360... And this Nintendo DS. - The PS4, this Xbox 360, and the Gaming PC, and the PS3's, and that's all *I* need. And that's *all* I need too. I don't need one other thing, not one... I need this. - The Gaming PC and PS4, and Xbox 360, and thePS3's . Well what are you looking at? What do you think I'm some kind of a jerk or something! - And this. That's all I need.

Obligatory dick measuring Gaming Laptop Specs: Sager NP8270-GTX: 17.3" FULL HD (1920X1080) LED Matte LC, nVIDIA GeForce GTX 780M, Intel Core i7-4700MQ, 16GB (2x8GB) DDR3, 750GB SATA II 3GB/s 7,200 RPM Hard Drive

zarx said:
Strategyking92 said:

Anyone have a rpoblem with some of the indie games not wanting to run in fullscreen?

which games?

machinarium, burn zombie burn, and flotilla. I think I just need to go in and change some settings though.

And that's the only thing I need is *this*. I don't need this or this. Just this PS4... And this gaming PC. - The PS4 and the Gaming PC and that's all I need... And this Xbox 360. - The PS4, the Gaming PC, and the Xbox 360, and that's all I need... And these PS3's. - The PS4, and these PS3's, and the Gaming PC, and the Xbox 360... And this Nintendo DS. - The PS4, this Xbox 360, and the Gaming PC, and the PS3's, and that's all *I* need. And that's *all* I need too. I don't need one other thing, not one... I need this. - The Gaming PC and PS4, and Xbox 360, and thePS3's . Well what are you looking at? What do you think I'm some kind of a jerk or something! - And this. That's all I need.

Obligatory dick measuring Gaming Laptop Specs: Sager NP8270-GTX: 17.3" FULL HD (1920X1080) LED Matte LC, nVIDIA GeForce GTX 780M, Intel Core i7-4700MQ, 16GB (2x8GB) DDR3, 750GB SATA II 3GB/s 7,200 RPM Hard Drive

Around the Network
Strategyking92 said:
zarx said:
Strategyking92 said:

Anyone have a rpoblem with some of the indie games not wanting to run in fullscreen?

which games?

machinarium, burn zombie burn, and flotilla. I think I just need to go in and change some settings though.

I haven't played the  steam version of machinarium but the non steam version I got from the humble bundle worked fine in fall screen, haven't got BZB, and flotilla steam works full screen for me. 

But to help solve the problem, correct me if I am wrong you have set the game to full screen and the games instead still run in a window or do they run in a letter box (black borders)

@TheVoxelman on twitter

Check out my hype threads: Cyberpunk, and The Witcher 3!

Can you gift some of the games in the pack if you already own them?

zarx said:
Strategyking92 said:
zarx said:
Strategyking92 said:

which games?

I haven't played the  steam version of machinarium but the non steam version I got from the humble bundle worked fine in fall screen, haven't got BZB, and flotilla steam works full screen for me. 

But to help solve the problem, correct me if I am wrong you have set the game to full screen and the games instead still run in a window or do they run in a letter box (black borders)

I think the problem is that my computer screen has a weird resolution because it isn't supported in some of them. Most of the time it is black borders as you describe them. But even then the windows task bar is overlayed, so I had to set that to autohide.

It also happens to Galcon, but I can't run it full screen in any resolution because it goes off the screen, so I have it windowed >.<

Strategyking92 said:

I think the problem is that my computer screen has a weird resolution because it isn't supported in some of them. Most of the time it is black borders as you describe them. But even then the windows task bar is overlayed, so I had to set that to autohide.

It also happens to Galcon, but I can't run it full screen in any resolution because it goes off the screen, so I have it windowed >.<

hmm so what resolution is your monitor/desktop resolution, also do you have an ATI or Nvidia card? 

@TheVoxelman on twitter

Check out my hype threads: Cyberpunk, and The Witcher 3!

I'm thinking of buying PuzzleQuest: Challenge of the Warlords, is it any fun?