By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - PC Discussion - Steam Holiday Sale! Hundreds Of Deals EVERY DAY!

Antabus said:
Foamer said:

You have more than one solution, so what's the problem? Either shift the games to a larger drive/ partition, or use the Junction program. Anyway, as Russinovich points out-

"Unfortunately, Windows comes with no tools for creating junctions—you have to purchase the Win2K Resource Kit, which comes with the linkd program for creating junctions. I therefore decided to write my own junction-creating tool"

Maybe if Microsoft were more on the case, you wouldn't have to download another application to do the job.

Maybe if steam allowed to install the games where you want, there would not be a problem? I don't want to bother with that kind of stuff just because Valve can't be bothered to make their product a tolerable one.

And you are blaming MS for the crap Valve does. Lovely!

I don't see you blaming MS for doing even worse than Valve, regarding Xbox Live or GFWL.

Around the Network
shio said:
Antabus said:
Foamer said:

You have more than one solution, so what's the problem? Either shift the games to a larger drive/ partition, or use the Junction program. Anyway, as Russinovich points out-

"Unfortunately, Windows comes with no tools for creating junctions—you have to purchase the Win2K Resource Kit, which comes with the linkd program for creating junctions. I therefore decided to write my own junction-creating tool"

Maybe if Microsoft were more on the case, you wouldn't have to download another application to do the job.

Maybe if steam allowed to install the games where you want, there would not be a problem? I don't want to bother with that kind of stuff just because Valve can't be bothered to make their product a tolerable one.

I don't see you blaming MS for doing even worse than Valve, regarding Xbox Live or GFWL.

GFWL let's me pick the install folder. I don't see anything better on steam than on XBL/GFWL.

Antabus said:
Foamer said:

You can install the games where you want.

Okay, I buy a game and I can pick a folder for it? No?

I see that you feel it is trolling for a paying customer to complain about the bad service he gets...

Hush now, you're making an utter fool of yourself. Either use the solutions given to you, or stop using Steam in a butthurt rage because you're not bright enough to follow some simple instructions and can't work out how to copy and paste. Either way, bugger off and troll somewhere else.

Antabus said:
shio said:
Antabus said:
Foamer said:

GFWL let's me pick the install folder. I don't see anything better on steam than on XBL/GFWL.

Try moving your game. Hell, try moving your Arkham Asylum saves.

Foamer said:
Antabus said:
Foamer said:

You can install the games where you want.

Okay, I buy a game and I can pick a folder for it? No?

I see that you feel it is trolling for a paying customer to complain about the bad service he gets...

Hush now, you're making an utter fool of yourself. Either use the solutions given to you, or stop using Steam in a butthurt rage because you're not bright enough to follow some simple instructions and can't work out how to copy and paste. Either way, bugger off and troll somewhere else.

Those solutions are simply unacceptable for any reasonable customer.

Around the Network
Foamer said:
Antabus said:
shio said:
Antabus said:
Foamer said:

Try moving your game. Hell, try moving your Arkham Asylum saves.

I will try that later. I bet it will work at least as well as on steam!  But for moving save games, I haven't had a problem with that (backup and restore actually). I just copy the appdata/local/saved games folder and the xlive folder...

Tried that, copied a game to another folder and started it from there... works fine.

Nothing for me today.

Do you need a credit card for this?

Try Gamefly for a month and get another one free!

http://gamefly.tellapal.com/a/clk/406vc

mexmen92 said:

Yes. You can use a credit card, debit card or a prepaid card.

Leunam said:
mexmen92 said:

Yes. You can use a credit card, debit card or a prepaid card.

Oh yeah, its on.

I just bought Trials 2 for $2.50!!!

Try Gamefly for a month and get another one free!

http://gamefly.tellapal.com/a/clk/406vc