By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - What JRPG to choose to play now!

marciosmg said:
lestatdark said:
marciosmg said:
lestatdark said:

I would say Kingdom Hearts and then Suikoden IV. If you don't enjoy A-JRPG's that much, then Suikoden IV is the way to go.

Nooooooooooooooooo. Suikoden IV sucks. Its the worst Suikoden ever. If you can, get Suikoden V.

Of the ones you mentioned: FFX (one of the worst FF to me but its more a traditional JRPG than say Kingdom hearts).

Never played Disgaea though so I dont know.

All I know it there was a time in my life I absolutely loved JRPG and I still hated Suikoden IV

I actually enjoyed Suikoden IV a lot, but I agree with you, Suikoden V is way better

Out of that list, FFX is the one I would recommend as the last option. Not that I disliked it, but to me, it's the worst option there. KH takes the top spot, but that's because I'm a major KH fan xD.

I guess Im a weird kind of JRPG fan.

FFX sucks (but less than XII) - FFVI is my favorite game ever

Suikoden IV sucks - Suikoden II is my 2nd favorite game ever

Kingdom hearts was ok. The 2nd I didnt even finish cause I didnt like it at all.

There is something wrong with me.

You sir have taste. I would say many people hold both those games higher in regard than FFX or Suikoden IV so your not a weird JRPG fan haha (unless you dislike FFVII). I would still say Xenogears trumps all those games.

Around the Network

hmmm pretty tough choices i would recommend FFX.its story is one of the best of all the games u mentioned as far as i m concerned.

Thank you so much for all the answers so far!

I am sitting here in the end of Dragon Quest IX, and I think I will be finished with it in an hour or so.

I will then start on of the PS2 games later today! I am thinking of either starting Odin Sphere or Disgaea!

Probably will be starting Disgaea, cause it's a lot different frm games I have been playing lately!

sennaho said:

Thank you so much for all the answers so far!

I am sitting here in the end of Dragon Quest IX, and I think I will be finished with it in an hour or so.

I will then start on of the PS2 games later today! I am thinking of either starting Odin Sphere or Disgaea!

Probably will be starting Disgaea, cause it's a lot different frm games I have been playing lately!

Careful, Disgaea can be very addictive haha

I think it was Famitsu that picked FFX as the greatest game of all time.  Wasn't even that long ago, either.  I was engrossed by the characters, story, and (at the time, graphics).  The sphere grid was like crack, too.  

One thing I've learned from this thread:  The RPG you like is almost certainly NOT goin to be the RPG someone else likes.  Pick one soon, though.  Your time is limited.

Around the Network

Final Fantasy X, hands down.

I hated FFX A LOT. Don't get me started on Kingdom hearts.... but the games are loved by a lot of people, I really can't help lol

I would play FFX, Suiko 4, KH then Disgaea... based on how fast you would finish the game.

I could never finish Disgaea because of the level cap which is like... 999 >.> makes me want to have it but too much time trying to reach it.

KH might leave a bad taste if you aren't fond of Disney characters but it was a good game that felt very close to FF for me.

Suikoden 4, hmm while the other Suikoden games were better for me, 4 wasn't a bad game. Suikoden Tactics was also made around it.

FFX isn't my favorite FF but it was fun playing around with the sphere grid and switching the character builds like turning Rikku into Auron and vice versa :D Also the Aeons were fun oh and blitzball!

I have no clue about Odin Sphere but the visual style is really good. And I heard it was sort of a side scroller Action RPG?

What I want from a game.

Gameplay > Story > Content > Graphics

Visual Style > Graphics

Smooth Camera, Intuitive Controls

Friction! When everything feels right!

Rob-Ot said:

Suikoden IV is the best out of them.

Kingdom Hearts 1 is good too.

Final Fantasy X marked Final Fantasy's fall from grace for me, but its still a decent game.

^ gotta agree with everything said here.
Personally if you're getting into PS2 JRPGs, pick up Dragon Quest VIII, best one on the console.

dystopia said:
Rob-Ot said:

Suikoden IV is the best out of them.

Kingdom Hearts 1 is good too.

Final Fantasy X marked Final Fantasy's fall from grace for me, but its still a decent game.

^ gotta agree with everything said here.
Personally if you're getting into PS2 JRPGs, pick up Dragon Quest VIII, best one on the console.

I already have Dragon Quest VIII :) I just didn't bring it home for christmas by some strange reason :P