By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - PS3 launch successful in NZ

http://www.psxextreme.com/ps3-news/1067.html

It seems that the PS3 isnt having problems launching in some countries.. I still cant wait to see numbers from India on the 27th... I wonder how many PS3s will be sent.. probably not many due to India being poor as dirt.

PC gaming is better than console gaming. Always.     We are Anonymous, We are Legion    Kick-ass interview   Great Flash Series Here    Anime Ratings     Make and Play Please
Amazing discussion about being wrong
Official VGChartz Folding@Home Team #109453

Around the Network

dude there are plenty rich brats in india, especially Mumbai... i know a guy from there.

Im not sure how they deduce this "doing well" BS. The PS3 sold about 20k units in Australia at launch - and is considered a flop here. We have approx 5x the population of NZ. NZ sold about 4k units at launch, which is about the same ratio as population -to- sales as Australia.

Can we actually get some comparisons to sales/install base figures for other consoles please? 

Gesta Non Verba

Nocturnal is helping companies get cheaper game ratings in Australia:

Game Assessment website

Wii code: 2263 4706 2910 1099

shams said:

Im not sure how they deduce this "doing well" BS. The PS3 sold about 20k units in Australia at launch - and is considered a flop here. We have approx 5x the population of NZ. NZ sold about 4k units at launch, which is about the same ratio as population -to- sales as Australia.

Can we actually get some comparisons to sales/install base figures for other consoles please?

flop in Au.... wow, the stupidity.

shams said:

I would also be interested in comparisons.  Currently the PS3 is ranked in the 'all time top 500' sales in a store in nz, where as the wii is ranked 'all time top 20' and has always been ranked in the top 100 all time sales. 

Sounds like PR bs to me..

Around the Network
Hus said:
shams said:

Yeah, I couldn't believe it either.. imagine them launching a console for MORE THAN $1000!! No wonder it flopped ;)

(and yes - I live here - I know... I know a guy that went to the launch. It has FLOPPED. Australia is basically one of the strongest markets for MS - not sure why. The Wii launch was also pretty strong, and remains elusive).

Gesta Non Verba

Nocturnal is helping companies get cheaper game ratings in Australia:

Game Assessment website

Wii code: 2263 4706 2910 1099

shams said:
Hus said:
shams said:

Yeah, I couldn't believe it either.. imagine them launching a console for MORE THAN $1000!! No wonder it flopped ;)

(and yes - I live here - I know... I know a guy that went to the launch. It has FLOPPED. Australia is basically one of the strongest markets for MS - not sure why. The Wii launch was also pretty strong, and remains elusive).

This link is a couple days old http://www.gamespot.com/pages/news/story.php?sid=6168344&part=rss&tag=gs_news&subj=6168344#

but It's interesting to see that these 360 Dev Kits are being sent to various studios to help boost the gaming industry down under.

Proud Member of GAIBoWS (Gamers Against Irrational Bans of Weezy & Squilliam)

Microsoft Strong in Australia? Where do you get your info?

Well not surprised at all if PS3 is succeeding in NZ.  The place is heavily Sony bias.  Hell it's like the only place in the world where DS didn't outsell the PSP. 

If you read the article, it says there was a high retail spending spike, meaning all the hoopla is more due to the insanely high price of the PS3 down there than due to a higher than normal volume of consoles sold at launch.