By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - So How Buggy was God of War III for you?

Just rented GowIII this week for my brother who's visiting, as it's his favourite game franchise. And it keeps bugging out on him.

A particularly impassable bug is upgrading the Bow of Apollo. Every time after upgrading to level 2 the game glitches out and he has to restart. It happened a couple of times when upgrading the Blades of Exile too, but he managed to get past it.

So it seems the Bow of Apollo isn't gonna get an upgrade.

I've hired the game from 2 places and the both are glitchy.

“The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.” - Bertrand Russell

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace."

Jimi Hendrix

Around the Network

I don't remember having any problems with GOW3.

none at all....

PC gaming is better than console gaming. Always.     We are Anonymous, We are Legion    Kick-ass interview   Great Flash Series Here    Anime Ratings     Make and Play Please
Amazing discussion about being wrong
Official VGChartz Folding@Home Team #109453

eh...played the game 4 times, never had any problems like you described, in fact, I've never even heard of any noticable glitches with this game. maybe the rental discs are all messed up by repeated usage, you get what you paid for

I played GOW3 twice and I never had any problems with it... that's really weird. I would go so far as to say that it was one of the smoothest gaming experiences I've experienced in years.

Bet with Conegamer and AussieGecko that the PS3 will have more exclusives in 2011 than the Wii or 360... or something.

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=3879752

Around the Network

I experienced 00000 bugs.

You deserve this for renting and not buying !!! BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAA !!!

Now that i think about it...Zero.

Atto Suggests...:

Book - Malazan Book of the Fallen series 

Game - Metro Last Light

TV - Deadwood

Music - Forest Swords 

Played the game 3 times and the only bug i experienced was in the near the end, when i died just before a

cut-scene was about to start and i got a black screen after the cut scene finished.

Vote to Localize — SEGA and Konami Polls

Vote Today To Help Get A Konami & SEGA Game Localized.This Will Only Work If Lots Of People Vote.

Click on the Image to Head to the Voting Page (A vote for Yakuza is a vote to save gaming)

Does the game have any sort of install or cache?  A system file even a few MBs large?

I can't remember if it does, but occasionally that system file will get bugged, which will cause problems for a game that no one else seems to experience.  If there is such a file, I'd suggest deleting it.  It'll recreate it next time you play the game, and hopefully all will be fixed.

However, I don't remember their being an install for GoWIII, but for all I know it was just so small I didn't notice it.  Like how Uncharted/Killzone have a tiny, <100MB system file they create on the HDD.

makingmusic476 said:

Does the game have any sort of install or cache?  A system file even a few MBs large?

I can't remember if it does, but occasionally that system file will get bugged, which will cause problems for a game that no one else seems to experience.  If there is such a file, I'd suggest deleting it.  It'll recreate it next time you play the game, and hopefully all will be fixed.

However, I don't remember their being an install for GoWIII, but for all I know it was just so small I didn't notice it.  Like how Uncharted/Killzone have a tiny, <100MB system file they create on the HDD.

That was the most helpful response, but unfortunately deleting the game data didn't work. Deleted then re-downloaded 1.03. still had the bow upgrade glitch. Deleted again and didn't download 1.03 still got the bow upgrade glitch.

Disc surface looks good too.

I was definitely planning to buy GoWIII, but now I'm a bit worried that even a brand new game is gonna glitch out on me.

Saving the game seems to occasionally glitch out too, forcing a system restart.

Bugger, because it's a sweet game.

“The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.” - Bertrand Russell

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace."

Jimi Hendrix