By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

@ Gnizmo:  I've been playing a lot of Minecraft.  Other than that I don't know why I'd be acting differently; now that I think of it I usually do post more...

Tag (courtesy of fkusumot): "Please feel free -- nay, I encourage you -- to offer rebuttal."
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
My advice to fanboys: Brag about stuff that's true, not about stuff that's false. Predict stuff that's likely, not stuff that's unlikely. You will be happier, and we will be happier.

"Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts." - Sen. Pat Moynihan
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
The old smileys: ; - ) : - ) : - ( : - P : - D : - # ( c ) ( k ) ( y ) If anyone knows the shortcut for , let me know!
I have the most epic death scene ever in VGChartz Mafia.  Thanks WordsofWisdom! 

Around the Network
Wonktonodi said:
I cut all the paragraphs of what parotting is out of your post because that is clear. However my post wasn't just a parroting post.  It had several new observations that you commented on in the quoted post.  Also it had what I hoped the town would do before I returned or what I would do if it didn't happen.  Sadly I've now been so focused on you that I wasn't able to do it but it can resume once you are gone.

Wow seriously?  You really sound like you're trying to influence hatmoza to give up pressuring you:  "if you don't stop I won't be able to help the town, THINK OF THE CHILDREN"

I wasn't sure what to make of all this but Wonk is starting to give me bad vibes. 

Tag (courtesy of fkusumot): "Please feel free -- nay, I encourage you -- to offer rebuttal."
My advice to fanboys: Brag about stuff that's true, not about stuff that's false. Predict stuff that's likely, not stuff that's unlikely. You will be happier, and we will be happier.

"Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts." - Sen. Pat Moynihan
The old smileys: ; - ) : - ) : - ( : - P : - D : - # ( c ) ( k ) ( y ) If anyone knows the shortcut for , let me know!

hatmoza said:
Wonk, you are trying so very hard to seem town it's not even funny right now.

Didn't you say almost EXACTLY the same thing to someone in the last game?  I forget who, though. 

Well, I guess this might be the first time I've done multiple consecutive posts this game, that might be what was different

Silver-Tiger said:

Vote: nen-suer

Your arguing with the obvious mafia count already made you suspicious, and not only in my eyes. Combine that with your useless posts you made so far and we got a scum member. I've read through all your posts again, and you contributed nothing yet besides the discussion of the mafia count. The posts you made yet are barely introductions, offtopic or simply agreeing with others.

To me this reads like you're making a safe vote since you know others are also suspicious of nen. It's like if nen is lynched and flips town you can just say everyone thought he was scum too, and I was first to vote him so it's not like I just bandwagoned.

I'm also not sure I agree on the non-contributing part. As of this quote I do have only 4 of 15 posts marked as content to 4 non-content posts, but that also leaves 7 gray area posts. Truck has said he's going to check back so he'll be able to give a third opinion. As a comparison, I've got you as 5 of 15 for content, 7 non-content, and 3 gray. Also in your very last post you admitted:
"And to the contributing part: It's not that I don't try, but I can't seem to get a profile of most players this time. My suspicions get annihilated within the discussion of the pros here. It's not that I don't have any idea, though, I'm carefully following the thread and if I notice somethin worth mentioning, I will point it out."
You're not denying that you haven't contributed much, just stating that you are trying. Shame on you for using this as a reason to suspect nen then, as well as basically using the recently brought to attention wiki definition to call nen an active lurker.

I know the other stuff you posted as reasoning has been torn apart already. So to be brief, I'm not saying it's a bad vote. I simply question your reasons for the vote. 

nen-suer said:

And i was one of the firsts who voted no lunch (and that after GOW was mod killed and showed as townie)

Quoted for the lulz. 

radishhead said:

I'm not keen on the evasiveness either, but I feel that some players are trying hard to make everybody look like Mafia. I agree that we can't trust anybody, but we should refrain from flat-out assuming that half the players are Mafia. I'm not that impressed by the thoughts behind some of the voting so far. :(

Sorry, but this really is one of the most useless posts I've ever seen. Tell us which votes don't impress you and why not. I'm not really asking you to do so, but as prof said you're describing the scenery. A summary of the town as a whole is not helpful. If you don't have a black/white line then list those that you are sure about and those that are maybes.

Also: http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=3823399
What would you say is "proper evidence?" Ugh, now I see prof asked the very same thing already.

theprof00 said:

Actually, given that gow was an extra player anyway, and that adding another mafia for his extra spot would be unbalanced, gow was a free lynch. Following that up with the distribution of townie to scum, having an odd number of townies is the best time to lynch on day 1.

(this is interesting seeing as how you went out and said that the number of scum had no impact on decisions. Here it most certainly does)

I'm not sure noname balanced the game before GOW entered or if he'd already taken into account it would be 21 players before setting up the roles. For example, noname could've decided to add a 6th mafia but power up the town with a nurse and deputy or even an additional cop. I'll admit it's doubtful though and if we're sticking with the 5 mafia to 16 townies then yes it was a "free lynch" ending up in the "magical ratio." However, I disagree that having an odd number of townies is the best time to lynch. It is usually best for the entire town(including scum) to be an odd number come daybreak, so no lynching while even plus the NK is often better. This again has nothing to do with the number of scum, but wanting to have 1/3/5/etc more townies than mafia.

c03n3nj0 said:

Interesting how both prof and trucks are going after nen and ST respectively for similar reasons. 

playing safe and acting townie being some of them. 

"I'm just going to throw this out there and cast suspicion on two players." Why is it interesting? You don't agree with the reasons, you think they're both scum and openly agreeing on what will be a mislynch(or a bussing), or something else?

Like radish, please stop summarizing what is currently going on and contribute.

Wonktonodi said:

Is there someone else on and reading this right now because I'm 95%  sure hat is scum since he won't discuss points and just wants my lynch.  I would like to have someone else's thoughts and opinions.

So far I'm leaning towards you're both confused townies pointing fingers at each other. I would have to look further back into both of you, but last time I said I need to reread prof/Gniz and I haven't had time for that yet,(nor will I tonight) so you two will have to wait if it's going to be a deeper opinion from me.

On the other hand I have been keeping a post/content/non-content/gray area count. I would've posted it this morning after you asked overnight, but I would've been late to work. I don't have mistakes and slip ups counted like prof asked for, but I quote/link just about every one I come across anyway. I'll have my table up after one more post from me.

Around the Network
MetalGear_94 said:

Scottie is lurking an unbelievable amount, his last post was about 4 days ago

He was last online 7 hours ago

Lurking is not productive to the town, might as well not be playing

Not only that he was also posting in different threads, it makes it seem like he is totally ignoring this game. Like others that have said before me new players that are mafia usaully  try to post as little as possible and only come out when they are acussed.

Last game I when was mafia and I did the same thing so,

Vote:Scottie

Scottie, get your ass back in this thread.

You get your very own post because you've fit the bill for "active lurker" the entire round. Throwing a bigger and non-active lurker into the spotlight(even if others have mentioned Scottie's absence) like this is not only hypocritical but I'm inclined not to believe it either. If you're actually trying to show that you think he's scum based on 2 posts(and you claim he's the most suspicious to you) then I'd vote for you right now. If you're only trying to get scottie back into the thread then by all means continue, but you've damned him either way with the bolded line.

@noname/tR:
Can we get a modpoke of scottie if none has already been issued. And if there's been no response, replacement/modkill at your discretion. I'd hate to see him lynched at this point because the flip wouldn't provide any information,(unless of course everyone thinks I'm trying to defend scottie with this post) while just about any other lynch would give more.

Potals up to this post:(Only blank posts were left out, so non-content counts will be a bit high for some)

Player Posts Content NC Gray
MetalGear94 (MG) 16 5 9 2
Stefl1504 (STEF) 24 9 8 7
Linkzmax (LINK) 31 18 5 8
Vetteman94 (V94) 18 7 3 8
hatmoza (HAT) 40 21 12 7
Scottie (SCOTT) 2

theprof00 (PROF) 72 42 12 18
Wonktonodi (WONK) 35 17 7 11
radishead (RAD) 14 4 4 6
nen-suer (NEN) 24 9 6 9
Final-Fan (FF) 30 9 11 10
Silver-Tiger (ST) 18 7 7 4
TruckOSaurus (TOS) 16 8 6 2
Gnizmo (GNIZ) 33 17 6 10
Zexen_lowe (ZEX) 42 15 12 15
SuperAdrianK (SAK) 14 7 2 5
c03n3nj0 (J0) 16 6 7 3
Nordlead (NORD) 3
1 2
Dtewi (DTEWI) 4 3

Hephaestos (HEPH) 35 14 12 9
GodOfWar_3ver (GOW) 11 3 4 4

IMU1808 (IMU) 1
Soleron (SOL) 1

I have a habit of looking at every post as if the player is pro-town when trying to decide which category the player is in. I think this leads to many Content posts which may be gray area, and many gray area which may be non-content. I'm not actually treating every player as a townie when processing the posts obviously.

For the record, I count this as a non-content post.

Final-Fan said:
Wonktonodi said:
I cut all the paragraphs of what parotting is out of your post because that is clear. However my post wasn't just a parroting post.  It had several new observations that you commented on in the quoted post.  Also it had what I hoped the town would do before I returned or what I would do if it didn't happen.  Sadly I've now been so focused on you that I wasn't able to do it but it can resume once you are gone.

Wow seriously?  You really sound like you're trying to influence hatmoza to give up pressuring you:  "if you don't stop I won't be able to help the town, THINK OF THE CHILDREN"

I wasn't sure what to make of all this but Wonk is starting to give me bad vibes. 

It was in frustration for not being able to do what I wanted to do and almost an apology since last night I had said I would do something that I no longer had the time to do.  That wasn't really at Hatmoza at all.   I don't think he's town anymore anyway and any please with him would be useless at best. 

Have you gotten anything else out of the discussion?

Linkzmax said:

Potals up to this post:(Only blank posts were left out, so non-content counts will be a bit high for some)

Player Posts Content NC Gray
MetalGear94 (MG) 16 5 9 2
Stefl1504 (STEF) 24 9 8 7
Linkzmax (LINK) 31 18 5 8
Vetteman94 (V94) 18 7 3 8
hatmoza (HAT) 40 21 12 7
Scottie (SCOTT) 2

theprof00 (PROF) 72 42 12 18
Wonktonodi (WONK) 35 17 7 11
radishead (RAD) 14 4 4 6
nen-suer (NEN) 24 9 6 9
Final-Fan (FF) 30 9 11 10
Silver-Tiger (ST) 18 7 7 4
TruckOSaurus (TOS) 16 8 6 2
Gnizmo (GNIZ) 33 17 6 10
Zexen_lowe (ZEX) 42 15 12 15
SuperAdrianK (SAK) 14 7 2 5
c03n3nj0 (J0) 16 6 7 3
Nordlead (NORD) 3
1 2
Dtewi (DTEWI) 4 3

Hephaestos (HEPH) 35 14 12 9
GodOfWar_3ver (GOW) 11 3 4 4

IMU1808 (IMU) 1
Soleron (SOL) 1

I have a habit of looking at every post as if the player is pro-town when trying to decide which category the player is in. I think this leads to many Content posts which may be gray area, and many gray area which may be non-content. I'm not actually treating every player as a townie when processing the posts obviously.

For the record, I count this as a non-content post.

Thank you for this

@Linkz

MetalGear- New, lurked a  huge amount last game and I was MAFIA. I lurked big time last game, I already have more post in the middle of day 2 of this game than the whole last game

Kamal- In the sailor moon game he was new, he also lurked a huge amount and he was MAFIA

Homer- In the dbz game he was new, He lurked a huge amount as well and He was MAFIA

Stefl- Although he was not new he still lurked a lot in the dbz game and he was MAFIA

my suspicions of Scottie are based on his massive lurking, he has been online during this game and has intentionally ignored this thread and chose to post on others.

I have atleast been trying to contribute to this game.

-