By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close
Gnizmo said:

I am a trying person to say the least. I own up it though for whatever that is worth.

The accuracy line I either had explained in an early version of the post, or thought I had explained but my drug riddled brain is seeing something others wouldn't. Essentially you claimed I am some how defending the people in question, which is false. You also falsely assume I am saying lurkers can lurk without any good discussion. This ignores a much better, and obvious reason. Nothing has even happened yet.

All of this is based on you attributing a given thought process, or goal to my posts when in reality I was just refuting the usefulness of the list at this juncture. The information is misleading because it does not have the weight it appears to on the surface. In a few days the list will be a very useful tool, but early on it just spurs people into posting for the sake of posting something which adds nothing at all. Further it helps obfuscate people who are posting for the sake of posting as a play style which typically ends up as a mafia tactic. In other words it scares townies into shifty behavior.

Appearances are also more important than what is actually going on. The appearance of your vote is a revenge vote. Combine this with over analyzing and over justifying every action and you get behavior I have seen mafia players hide behind very often. Whether that is how you play, or because you are mafia we will just have to wait and see.

So over-all I am saying you are jumping to a lot of false conclusions extremely rapidly either intentionally or otherwise. Neither is helpful, and both can be harmful. If you feel that is insulting then thats how it is. I am a very blunt person. I do not bother trying to sugar coat anything I say for the sake of others feelings.

The hatmoza bit is very simple. I believe in patterns. More than once I have used identical tactics to flush out scum. Parroting seemingly innocuous information that in theory could be posted by anyone in a game but always got posted by a mafia member.

I quoted this post again because I wanted to revisit this before the apparent misunderstanding I had.

Silver-Tiger posted a list of three people who had been online and not posted.

You then responded to his list by saying nothing had happened yet. Correct?

It looks like you are defending them, but you say you are not, and that you're simply making a point. Fair enough. However, above you say that the list is useless on day 1, because it spurs people into posting. I would argue that, indeed, that is the point of calling out lurkers, to see how much they are lurking. Some people leave their browsers on, and are honestly AFK, but some are reading everything and then pop up as soon as they're called out, etc.

A couple games ago, hatmoza and dtewi were lurking. Radish was a watcher. On day 2, Radish said: "I do not suspect theprof AT ALL". At the same time I was defending myself against some accusations, and hatmoza and dtewi immediately popped up saying, "Prof, no need to continue defending yourself".

So, calling out lurkers is an important part of the game, especially on day 1, when some newer players (case in point: scottie) are laying low so that they can make it to night and get some direction on what they are supposed to do from scumbuddies.

Additionally, getting people's opinions on topics is very important to getting a feel for alignments. If I don't know how people feel about things, I can't make any judgements. Last game Heph, Nord, MG, and wonk were mafia. I made a list of people who could be mafia, using post analysis. My final list consisted of Heph, Nord, and Kantor, with possibilities on FF and Truck. You can immediately see how important it is to have people posting. MG and wonk were both lurking for a good amount of time aside from some early cursory debate. Posting is important. No matter if nothing has happened, people need to post.... and respond to questions.

Again, and from a different angle.... in the post directly above, you say that the "list" has little weight. However, two of the people on that list were replaced. This would imply that those people had abnormal situations in which they could not post. This would lend credence to the list itself, putting scottie in a category of abnormally non-participatory.

So, maybe you disagree entirely with what I am saying. I won't ever know unless you decide the post is valid enough to respond to. This is the kind of game you have me playing. If you are a townie, you are either drawing a lot of attention to yourself, or myself, and you are going to end up with a mislynch on your hands, I promise you.

with that, I unvote Hat

unvote Hatmoza

and make some F/Hoses

HoS gnizmo
HoS Hatmoza
HoS scottie

@Hatmoza

I really believe wonk is town. Read his day 1, it's so town it isn't even funny. Also, either you and zexen are townies going after one another for good reason, or one of you is mafia, etc etc. I do not believe zexen is a mafia. I believe he is town. Looking at his wording and tone, it looked like he was really gearing up to play and contribute until he was bogged down. I can't be entirely sure, but I don't see him as scum, and in fact, he is being attacked by all my own suspects. I can't make a decision either way regarding his guilt/innocence, but I think focusing on someone else might be helpful to the cause.

For this, I recommend a lurker lynch today. Most likely scottie, but I'm open to suggestions.

Around the Network
radishhead said:
theprof00 said:
hatmoza said:

prof, you are such a dumbass sometimes.

Will contribute and cast my vote tomorrow since someone has to get lynched today.  It's late and I'm tired.

I admit it. I can't concentrate. I am so off my game because of gniz, his evasiveness, and everyone else telling me it's normal.

I'm not keen on the evasiveness either, but I feel that some players are trying hard to make everybody look like Mafia. I agree that we can't trust anybody, but we should refrain from flat-out assuming that half the players are Mafia. I'm not that impressed by the thoughts behind some of the voting so far. :(

same problem i'm having with gniz. Your post is very vague. Are you referring to me or others?

Please contribute rather than describe the scenery.

zexen_lowe said:

Since I'm such a good person, here you go, enjoy yourself

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=87196&page=1

And if I had brought it upthe SK issue at the first moment you'd be saying that I was making sure that everyone acknowledged it and so they'd ease off me and let me be less in the spotlight, either way you'd find something to complain...

Plus, since you were so sure of there not being a SK (which I agree with you, there isn't), why didn't you say anything on Day 1? Since you're sure what Vanilla means you could as well said it so yesterday when I was discussing with hatmoza instead of totally forgetting it that day and suddenly making a huge deal on the next. It seems you only brought it now because it's "something you could use against me" but you really didn't care and still don't care about really

I had just managed to dig up the thread too. Probably cause google picked up your link so thanks for that. Sorry for the shortish post last time. I was in a rush. http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=2700103 is the relevant summary I referenced. Notice insomniac catches a mafia member, and you death note him out of existence before anyone can pay attention. Precisely the tactic being discussed, employed by you, and now summarily dismissed as not likely.

The other peoblem, and why the SK thing is more relevant, is that you have been what dsister called "active lurking." You are posting sure, but not getting to anything with the posts. Everyone has their streaks of this really. Yours ended though the second I started questioning you. Despite having posted before that was the time you decided to bring back up the SK argument.

As for why I didn't weigh in, well that is already a matter of public record. I didn't bring my A game day one. I don't expect people to completely excuse it, but I did have valid reasons (RL > internets we agree). Really I had seen it mentioned in passing, but figured you had it well in hand at dismissing it as out of the realm of possibility. Had you used on of the first 4 posts on day 2 to close it up I wouldn't question you on it, but you didn't. You brought the argument back up only when the heat was on you.

Starcraft 2 ID: Gnizmo 229

theprof00 said:

So, calling out lurkers is an important part of the game, especially on day 1, when some newer players (case in point: scottie) are laying low so that they can make it to night and get some direction on what they are supposed to do from scumbuddies.

I don't get how you cometo thisconclusion at all. It solidly backs up my claim that we were still too early in the game to have it matter. This is based on real time, not game time. 2 of the "suspects" were only on the list because RL reasons. This tells us absolutely nothing about their roles. Those two could be the doctor and cop, two mafia, random townies, or some combination of the above. Re-visiting this now is a waste of time though as a new list has been put up with my thoughts so far.

And yes I am evasive. There is a good reason for it. I don't trust any of you. Not for a second. I also know people tend to bandwagon me (check death note thread for an identical post to this effect) and have no interest in getting into a useless argument that can cast me in a bad light.

TruckOSaurus said:

The DN game was my first ever. It shouldn't even be brought up since it was completely dark (meaning we didn't even know the alignment of the people we lynched). So by keeping a very low profile zexen was able to secure a comfortable win.

I think we call all agree zexen isn't exactly keeping a low profile in this game right now.

This is true, but he is keeping a high profile with useless posts for the most part. Active lurking is a nice term for this I think. He is certainly posting, but is he actually going anywhere with the posts? Seriously re-read some of his posts to me on page 2 (100 posts per page) and tell there isn't a similarity in our banter.

Around the Network
Gnizmo said:

This is true, but he is keeping a high profile with useless posts for the most part. Active lurking is a nice term for this I think. He is certainly posting, but is he actually going anywhere with the posts? Seriously re-read some of his posts to me on page 2 (100 posts per page) of the death note thread and tell there isn't a similarity in our banter.

Err page 2 of the death note thread sorry. Dunno how I left that part out.

Gnizmo said:
zexen_lowe said:

Since I'm such a good person, here you go, enjoy yourself

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=87196&page=1

And if I had brought it upthe SK issue at the first moment you'd be saying that I was making sure that everyone acknowledged it and so they'd ease off me and let me be less in the spotlight, either way you'd find something to complain...

Plus, since you were so sure of there not being a SK (which I agree with you, there isn't), why didn't you say anything on Day 1? Since you're sure what Vanilla means you could as well said it so yesterday when I was discussing with hatmoza instead of totally forgetting it that day and suddenly making a huge deal on the next. It seems you only brought it now because it's "something you could use against me" but you really didn't care and still don't care about really

I had just managed to dig up the thread too. Probably cause google picked up your link so thanks for that. Sorry for the shortish post last time. I was in a rush. http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=2700103 is the relevant summary I referenced. Notice insomniac catches a mafia member, and you death note him out of existence before anyone can pay attention. Precisely the tactic being discussed, employed by you, and now summarily dismissed as not likely.

The other peoblem, and why the SK thing is more relevant, is that you have been what dsister called "active lurking." You are posting sure, but not getting to anything with the posts. Everyone has their streaks of this really. Yours ended though the second I started questioning you. Despite having posted before that was the time you decided to bring back up the SK argument.

As for why I didn't weigh in, well that is already a matter of public record. I didn't bring my A game day one. I don't expect people to completely excuse it, but I did have valid reasons (RL > internets we agree). Really I had seen it mentioned in passing, but figured you had it well in hand at dismissing it as out of the realm of possibility. Had you used on of the first 4 posts on day 2 to close it up I wouldn't question you on it, but you didn't. You brought the argument back up only when the heat was on you.

Eh, sure, I DNed him out of existence, don't expect me to remember the exact motives, but let's suppose that it's because he was closing on son1x's trail, I don't see how that relates on this at all; it'd be related if Heph was close onto any mafia trail and I don't think anyone can say he was much. And even if he was, that's totally different to what i've said

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=3821858

"I can't see a team of mafia killing someone based on revenge"

That's an answer to someone claiming the mafia killed Heph as a revenge for someoene that happened in the last game, which I think it's ridiculous. Doesn't have anything to do with someone killing Heph for having nabbed the mafia in the first day, which might be possible

Gnizmo said:
theprof00 said:

I don't get how you cometo thisconclusion at all. It solidly backs up my claim that we were still too early in the game to have it matter. This is based on real time, not game time. 2 of the "suspects" were only on the list because RL reasons. This tells us absolutely nothing about their roles. Those two could be the doctor and cop, two mafia, random townies, or some combination of the above. Re-visiting this now is a waste of time though as a new list has been put up with my thoughts so far.

And yes I am evasive. There is a good reason for it. I don't trust any of you. Not for a second. I also know people tend to bandwagon me (check death note thread for an identical post to this effect) and have no interest in getting into a useless argument that can cast me in a bad light.

I come to this conclusion because, like last game, Heph and Nord had to tell wonk how to behave as scum. Not that wonk is clueless, but he had never been scum. He did something earlier in the day (disputing that it's safer to no lynch than to mislynch on day 1 given a certain proportion of players). His scum buddies realized that it was trying to appear too townish, and asked him to refrain IIRC.

New scum aren't sure how to act, so, a lot of them tend to lay low.

You are absolutely right that this doesn't tell us anything. However, it is a good lead for day 1 candidate. This, along with other things is what brought me to the conclusion that you weren't for day 1 lynches. Myself, I am for them, so to me, a lurker is a good choice given that day 1 is usually filled with jokes and little solid evidence. In that aspect, you are also right. You'll be hard-pressed to find any solid info on day 1 in exception of a slip or a lie. Because of this, people who like to day 1 lynch have to rely on other traits such as lurking.

I don't see how it backs up your claim at all. For your purposes it may not matter, but for finding a "best option" lynch for day 1, lurkers are a great resource especially given that lynch all lurkers is one of the top two meta rules next to lynch all liars.

Two players on that list had to be replaced. Right there you should note that there is something off about those players. They should have had a good reason for not posting. Turns out that they did...except for scottie.

You might think (just assuming here since I don't understand your playstyle yet) that talking is just mindless banter. I would strongly disagree with you here, as would a lot of others.

I can see why you say that I talk a lot without saying much. It seems like I have to keep repeating every point because I feel like you are missing a part of my argument. The list was people who were being abnormally absent, as evidenced by the replacements, your post came off as defensive of those players, ESPECIALLY because they were in the wrong.

I know you disagree with that, but I can't further explain how important it is to know who is lurking on day 1.

We can agree to disagree, but in every game I've played thus far, at least half of the mafia were on those lists on day 1. Every single game. And the players who weren't on those lists I've been able to figure out.

Anyways, that's just my 2-cents.

TruckOSaurus said:

Just like hatmoza I don't like wonk's big ass post.

1 - Because I like when people make their point quickly. Digging through long paragraphs for the main point irks me.

2 - He mentions two times that we shouldn't look at Heph's posts because he was probably killed because he's a good player. That may have been the main reason why he was killed but it's not like the town is lacking in good, experienced players.

So given the choice to kill Final-Fan, hatmoza, zexen, Hephaestos, theprof00 or nordlead, the Mafia chose Heph. It's possible that there is a reason why he was the unlucky winner of this death lottery other than his record in previous games.

My honest opinion about this is that they are trying to play a mind game with us. They are going to kill the top threats (better players, or players who know too much) and leave people who are thought of as top players so that town can suspect those players.

To give an example:

Last game, Heph was alive til the last day. Just based on that fact he should have been mafiakilled already. Heph is one of the strongest players here.

This game, they will leave strong players in order to coax mislynches on the stronger players when they aren't mafiakilled. This leads me to think that a good amount of mafia is newer or inexperienced players or mid-level players.

theprof00 said:
radishhead said:
theprof00 said:
hatmoza said:

prof, you are such a dumbass sometimes.

Will contribute and cast my vote tomorrow since someone has to get lynched today.  It's late and I'm tired.

I admit it. I can't concentrate. I am so off my game because of gniz, his evasiveness, and everyone else telling me it's normal.

I'm not keen on the evasiveness either, but I feel that some players are trying hard to make everybody look like Mafia. I agree that we can't trust anybody, but we should refrain from flat-out assuming that half the players are Mafia. I'm not that impressed by the thoughts behind some of the voting so far. :(

same problem i'm having with gniz. Your post is very vague. Are you referring to me or others?

Please contribute rather than describe the scenery.

I'm referring to a few people, but it's not exactly a black/white line on who this falls under. I agree with you on the Gniz point, but I feel that you do it too, to an extent. I'm not saying that it's "scummy", but it could be damaging to the town.

Click this button, you know you want to!  [Subscribe]

Watch me on YouTube!

http://www.youtube.com/user/TheRadishBros

~~~~ Mario Kart 8 drove far past my expectations! Never again will I doubt the wheels of a Monster Franchise! :0 ~~~~