By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close
Hephaestos said:

oh and

HoS Gow

FoS links

FoS prof

I didn't read that townie comment as sarcastic, and I find GoW's retreat right after links' blunder to be very suspicious and his summary to be a bit too devoid of personal input.

I added prof to the mix because he first warned links before attacking, something he seldom does, then he attacked on the "we" word and provided the "sarcastic" excuse at the same time... I can see this as a bailout while attacking on points that won't stand. As a matter of fact, I find prof's attacks unusually weak so far.

Apparently you aren't the only one. GOW and Wonk both thought that it was a genuine opinion. Sarcasm doesn't translate well on the internet.

Can you explain how my comment not being sarcastic would lead to GOW retreating?

Sarcasm generally isn't looked at as a positive quality, so I'm not sure why you think prof would offer that as an excuse. I agree his attacks on me were relatively weak, but it's what I'd expect of prof from my limited experiences. I see that as a confused townie just trying to gauge the reaction/non-reaction before going full force. I'm not sure of prof's alignment myself, but the interaction hasn't raised any scumflags for me.

Around the Network

@Prof
If you want to provide whatever response you had in there in a readable form I will look it over. Until then I don't bother with people who type inside a quote window, nor people who presume they can make demands of me.

Starcraft 2 ID: Gnizmo 229

theprof00 said:
http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=3817172

Just want to point out that the person you were thinking of was zexen: http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=3815401

Very interesting point though. I'd never thought to look for that.

theprof00 said:

well I thought stefl's post was relevant. There WAS bad discussion, and so, there might be scum just letting us lash out at each other and staying silent. That's a normal scum reaction.

It's good to know these things, and hard to keep track of when there are 20 other people to watch.

I felt that Stefl's post voiced my own concern. Mafia might be watching us fighting amongst each other.

The response by Gniz seemed to me more like "why should they post, TOWNIES are clueless"

or mafia might be hiding by discussing things that will lead nowhere... so they don't appear to be lurking.

it's true the response is more fit to a lurker's list than a no post yet list, still the rest of it is a call for real discution rather than bickering on facetious points (word of the day)

I read it as "well give them something to talk about then"

Gnizmo said:
Silver-Tiger said:

People who have yet to post:

Soleron (last online 2 hours ago)

Scottie (last online 4 hours ago)

IMU1808 (online now [!] )

Topics of substance to respond to - 0. This is more relevant when there is actual discussion rather than a bunch of people chasing their own tails.

Well we have to get voting out of the way eventually though.I am going to go with Prof. Seems a safe bet so far.

in any case, this point is a bit facetious itself, if you want to pursue him on this, you can. I just felt that it was a dead end for both of you to hammer each other on this. (and although i fosed you, you're not the type to do slips easily, so no point in letting it go)

OoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoO

zexen_lowe said:

Wait, you can't be serious, you're really even analyzing a possibilty of 7 mafia? That's...what a waste of time.

[....]

So we wouldn't see any more day because we'd lose before the start of Day 7

Hence, the conclusion of my post is that not lynching today doesn't give us any advantage, hence, it's convenient to lynch someone today.

That's a good thing you can get by analyzing the number of mafia

Emphasizing the bolded because I do NOT want to show you that the exact same thing would happen if there's 7 mafia. Extending an extra day has absolutely nothing to do with the number of mafia, but merely the town as a whole being odd or even numbered.

Around the Network
theprof00 said:

linkz did actually make a comment on it.

i briefly reread so i guess i missed it. it's an angle to consider but not my main one on him.

Linkzmax said:
Hephaestos said:

oh and

HoS Gow

FoS links

FoS prof

I didn't read that townie comment as sarcastic, and I find GoW's retreat right after links' blunder to be very suspicious and his summary to be a bit too devoid of personal input.

I added prof to the mix because he first warned links before attacking, something he seldom does, then he attacked on the "we" word and provided the "sarcastic" excuse at the same time... I can see this as a bailout while attacking on points that won't stand. As a matter of fact, I find prof's attacks unusually weak so far.

Apparently you aren't the only one. GOW and Wonk both thought that it was a genuine opinion. Sarcasm doesn't translate well on the internet.

Can you explain how my comment not being sarcastic would lead to GOW retreating?

Sarcasm generally isn't looked at as a positive quality, so I'm not sure why you think prof would offer that as an excuse. I agree his attacks on me were relatively weak, but it's what I'd expect of prof from my limited experiences. I see that as a confused townie just trying to gauge the reaction/non-reaction before going full force. I'm not sure of prof's alignment myself, but the interaction hasn't raised any scumflags for me.

_let's lynch

_you've overused this agressive townie strat already, lay low

_ maybe i should lay low

i guess you can still call it sarcastic.... but that is litteraly what poped in my mind when i read.

Linkzmax said:

zexen_lowe said:

Wait, you can't be serious, you're really even analyzing a possibilty of 7 mafia? That's...what a waste of time.

[....]

So we wouldn't see any more day because we'd lose before the start of Day 7

Hence, the conclusion of my post is that not lynching today doesn't give us any advantage, hence, it's convenient to lynch someone today.

That's a good thing you can get by analyzing the number of mafia

Emphasizing the bolded because I do NOT want to show you that the exact same thing would happen if there's 7 mafia. Extending an extra day has absolutely nothing to do with the number of mafia, but merely the town as a whole being odd or even numbered.

provided there is only one kill, a no lynch extends 1/2 day whatever the number of players. if a doc saves, same thing. Number of mafia is linked to town size as you count the extra townies to mafia, with each being a half day. killing a mafia extends by a full day.

So basically a no lynch day one can gain a day with a doc save or a second no lynch (like to reduce town to 3vs1 instead of 4vs1 on the last day.)

theprof00 said:

linkz did actually make a comment on it.

Maybe you're thinking of my post to MG? http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=3815462

Hephaestos said:

_let's lynch

*_you've overused this agressive townie strat already, lay low*

_ maybe i should lay low

i guess you can still call it sarcastic.... but that is litteraly what poped in my mind when i read.

I could see how my post could've been the first part of the starred line, but that's quite a jump to infer the second part of it.

However, I believe I recall GOW said last round that his aggressive style would be the way he played from now on, so honestly I'd actually have been more suspicious of him if he'd deviated. As it is now I'm not extra suspicious of GOW, but I don't have a reason to truly trust he's a townie either. I could make another example with another player, but I wouldn't want to be accused of leading them to get through the day so it isn't worth it for a joke.

theprof00 said:
Stefl1504 said:

I do agree with a lot of people - mostly about MG and nen-suer...

I never like how theprof plays... it hinders my judgement if I dislike playstyles...

I find it quite interesting how zexen plays and I don't get a read of him so far...

Also I think there are some players out there who should start posting more...

and how do i play stefl?

In my eyes you apply presure to a random person at the beginning of the game, often people that haven't done anything (yet), then later into the game you just do the same thing, it is very good if a mafia gives in to your presure, but sometimes you even presure townies into making mistakes which gets them lynched ultimately. Also to me you seem like you never have a specific target (be it pro or contra town) it just looks like you enjoy "tormenting" and make other players insecure, so that your goal is more playing with people then playing the game. It is fine as long as you get scum with this method, but to me you always appear as scum, so I have to make excuses to myself for not voting for you. This would benefit you immensly when you happen to be scum in the future (I think I never played with you when you were scum), because then I, again, would make excuses to myself. Finally your playstyle looks to me like one big preperation for when you are scum.

So... that is what I think of your playstyle... and why I don't like it...