By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Media Create Sales 11/29 ~ 12/05

GT5 falls pretty hard. MHP3 is huge.

Wii had a huge increase. PSP is just insane. It's the third entry into the series.

Tales of Graces F should be enough to quiet any excuses for JRPGs on Wii in Japan. MHP3 is a much bigger game than FFXIII in every way.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

Around the Network

Also, Taiko Drum Master 3 on Wii is way low. Kinda surprised considering how well the series has sold before.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

Since no one mentioned this (I think) - Go Kirby, Go!!! While at this level these are obviously holiday legs, there are many games that didn't get anything like that, while Kirby did.

Currently Playing: Shin Megami Tensei: Devil Survivor Overclocked, Professor Layton and the Curious Village

Anticipating: Xenoblade, The Last Story, Mario Kart 7, Rayman Origins, Zelda SS, Crush3D, Tales of the Abyss 3DS, MGS:Snake Eater 3DS, RE:Revelations, Time Travellers, Professor Layton vs. Ace Attorney, Luigi's Mansion 2, MH TriG, DQ Monsters, Heroes of Ruin

bmmb1 said:

Since no one mentioned this (I think) - Go Kirby, Go!!! While at this level these are obviously holiday legs, there are many games that didn't get anything like that, while Kirby did.

Darn it! I should've called it. But yeah, awesome for Kirby. It'll be great if it can hold up last week's boost in America as well, :D.

“These are my principles; if you don’t like them, I have others.” – Groucho Marx

bmmb1 said:

Yeah. That's what's impressive about Nintendo games. Usually they tend to have unusually strong legs.

Rockstar: Announce Bully 2 already and make gamers proud!

Kojima: Come out with Project S already!

Around the Network
huaxiong90 said:
bmmb1 said:

Yeah. That's what's impressive about Nintendo games. Usually they tend to have unusually strong legs.

Espiecally considering that they NEVER freaking drop their prices.   I don't know how many Nintendo games i've wanted but never bought because I wanted to pay 30 instead of 60.

Kasz216 said:
huaxiong90 said:
bmmb1 said:

Espiecally considering that they NEVER freaking drop their prices.   I don't know how many Nintendo games i've wanted but never bought because I wanted to pay 30 instead of 60.

Tough budget?

huaxiong90 said:
Kasz216 said:
huaxiong90 said:
bmmb1 said:

Tough budget?

Lately, but i've never been one who's enjoyed paying full price for games.  I usually have a bakck log, and i'm an avid replayer and don't care about graphics.

As much as I may want Super Mario Brother Wii... is it really going to give me more enjoyment then 6-12 Steam games at 5-10 dollars a piece?  I doubt it.

I bought TF2 for 10 dollars.  I have over 2,000 hours in it.  Thats .005 cents per hour of enjoyment!

$30 dollars is managable... $60 even if I want to spend 60 dollars when i go in the store i'd rather spread it around and broaden my expierences.

Kasz216 said:
huaxiong90 said:
Kasz216 said:
huaxiong90 said:
bmmb1 said:

Tough budget?

Lately, but i've never been one who's enjoyed paying full price for games.  I usually have a bakck log, and i'm an avid replayer and don't care about graphics.

As much as I may want Super Mario Brother Wii... is it really going to give me more enjoyment then 6-12 Steam games at 5-10 dollars a piece?  I doubt it.

I bought TF2 for 10 dollars.  I have over 2,000 hours in it.  Thats .005 cents per hour of enjoyment!

Well, I replay NSMB. Wii quite often with my brothers (or friends). It's pretty fun, and the nostalgia factor helps.

But yeah, I see what you mean.

PS3 - 5,855,442

This week PS3 became the highest selling second place console in Japan, beating Sega Saturn (5,800,000) and NEC PC Engine (5,840,000).

Wii - 10,891,464

Unless Wii can beat Super Famicom (17,170,000) it will be the lowest selling first place console in Japan, and this will be the closest generation in Japanese history.