By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Reggie's Comments About the Wii Breaking Some Record

I have been reading here and there that Reggie said the Wii would shatter some record in the US the week before Christmas, but I have not been able to put the whole puzzle together. So what exactly DID he say?

However if this is true I think it is one of the BEST marketing stategies EVER. Think about it make people more and more desparate trying to find the Wii and then open up the flood gates. If they did that do you realize how many people would buy them who would have never boughten it before. I mean they here how it is the hardest system ever to find and then they see one and are like "heck with it, I'll buy it and see what the hoopla is about" ... So they play it(they did just drop around 270 bucks on it including tax) and find out that it is really fun... so they go pick up a couple more party games and maybe Mario, or M&S, and like those... Now N has a customer they would not have had.

It would also be the ultimate revenge on the Ebay resellers... I mean they are not gonna lose money but they are gonna see they profits drop- (basic economic theory)

Anywayz tell me what is going on, and if so what you think about the tactic!

psn- tokila

add me, the more the merrier.

Around the Network

http://www.newsvine.com/_news/2007/11/27/1125865-nintendo-calls-wii-sales-fantastic

However, that clones an AP release (i.e, the same story is all over the internet). I found it by searching on Google for: fils-aime wii record sales christmas week

"I couldn't find a single Wii system on the shelves — literally as I was walking into a Wal-Mart at 11 a.m., someone was walking out with the last one," Fils-Aime said in an interview at the company's new Redwood City office. "Consumers are buying every game we can put into the system."

Fils-Aime predicted a new sales record the week before Christmas, despite being "very concerned" about the U.S. economy and the rising price of gasoline.

Ubuntu. Linux for human beings.

If you are interested in trying Ubuntu or Linux in general, PM me and I will answer your questions and help you install it if you wish.

i could see them do it--the wii was crazy last year and its only had a year to become that much bigger

hmmm I am gonna do a economic analysis to see how many they might be able to sell that week. Will be back in a while-

I can't wait til I get my PHD in Economics!!

psn- tokila

add me, the more the merrier.