By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Super Mario Galaxy (3 million)

Sell Super Mario Galaxy l 3 mllion to 1 January 08?
Whats yours opinion?

Vgchartz = Video...Charts

(On Machina request take off from my sign..........)

Around the Network

What?

i'd be more surprised if it didn't hit 3 million, I think most sane people expected near 4-5 million.

Note: Some games in my collection are no longer owned, but have owned.

I expect 2.5 million in the US alone.

psn- tokila

add me, the more the merrier.

5 million worldwide by year's end.

That's just linear extrapolation from the gradient on "Compare Games". Now imagine if sales increased week-on-week because of Christmas.

Ubuntu. Linux for human beings.

If you are interested in trying Ubuntu or Linux in general, PM me and I will answer your questions and help you install it if you wish.

Around the Network

It should be between 3.5 - 4 million on Jan 1st.

Frozen said:
Sell Super Mario Galaxy l 3 mllion to 1 January 08?
Whats yours opinion?

As of the week ending December 8th/9th, SMG is at 2.541 million units sold.  Last week, it sold 0.335 million (about one million per three weeks at this rate).  It should hit 3 million just before Christmas, and probably have a good week after possibly reaching 3.5 million at the new year.

It would be interesting to see how long it can be up these insane sales rates.  It could end up surpassing Halo 3 pretty quickly if it keeps can continue moving units as quickly as it has been.  I imagine it would slow somewhat, but due to strong Wii sales weekly (regardless of season), SMG should continue massive sales throughout the life of the console. 

There's basically no way in hell it will end up under 10 million sold world wide by the end of 2009 (that's assuming an average of ~70k/week *world wide* for 100 week, which looks like it will be easy for this game).