By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - This put Kinect sales into perspective for me

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2010/11/30/kinect-selling-twice-as-fast-as-ipad_n_789752.html

--------------------------

You can throw "sold as expected" or whatever, but there is no way anyone can in good conscience minimize how big this thing has really turned out to be.

Around the Network

Wow, Kinect is selling twice as much as ipad in November, amazing.

Next Gen 

11/20/09 04:25 makingmusic476 Warning Other (Your avatar is borderline NSFW. Please keep it for as long as possible.)

http://www.ft.com/cms/s/2/6f638e54-db10-11df-a870-00144feabdc0.html#axzz17BcMbB5n

"Sales of Apple’s iPad have failed to meet the steadily rising expectations for the touchscreen tablet device, letting some of the air out of the enthusiasm that has built on Wall Street in recent weeks."

No offense but the first 2 weeks of Kinect the advertising and promos related to Kinect probably helped with the sales.

Such as every 15 minutes if you go to Burger King and get a whopper you have a chance to win a Kinect.

Target giving a free kinect with 100$ worth of purchase. This all happening the week of Black Friday probably helped sales a lot.

But yes, the Kinect is doing amazing and better then I expected. Grats too it.

VERY impressive, Kinect is fastest selling product in electronics history ... yet some people still try and make it sound negative xD I guess it means it's working if it has them fearful of it.

Around the Network
Seece said:

VERY impressive, Kinect is fastest selling product in electronics history ... yet some people still try and make it sound negative xD I guess it means it's working if it has them fearful of it.

The iPhone 4 sold 1.5 Million on its first day ...

2.5 Million in 25 days durring the biggest shopping orgy in the year doesn't seem that impressive

HappySqurriel said:
Seece said:

2.5 Million in 25 days durring the biggest shopping orgy in the year doesn't seem that impressive

? :-S "The adoption rate of the iPad was celebrated as the fastest ever in electronics history. Now, less than a year after the tablet's launch, Microsoft has usurped that distinction with Kinect."

HappySqurriel said:
Seece said:

I think he means new product

Next Gen 

11/20/09 04:25 makingmusic476 Warning Other (Your avatar is borderline NSFW. Please keep it for as long as possible.)

I think it more or less put things in perspective when (assuming 100,000 per day for 25 days is steady) that they already shipped over 3 million in less than half the time they estimated and have sold through that in half the time estimated. 3 million was never going to be near enough to prevent shortage, if they had stuck with that we'd be in a Wii like situation at launch.

I think it'll sail past 5 million sold to consumers ( something like 5.2-5.6m by Jan 1st) and be near or over 6 million shipped. Production capacity allowing and I don't care who you are, that momentum won't dissappear to nothing overnight, it'l take 3-6 months at least if it does at all.

Seece said:

Sadly I figured they would rush to this thread to fling their feces.  : |