By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Gametrailers FINALLY review GT5

I seriously expected  a 7 after watching the video.

Next Gen 

11/20/09 04:25 makingmusic476 Warning Other (Your avatar is borderline NSFW. Please keep it for as long as possible.)
Around the Network

When you watch the review, the 9 does seem overrated

rrrnearrr said:

When you watch the review, the 9 does seem overrated

I don't think so. They are reviewing a racing game, and bar none from the pure racing aspect no console game comes close. I think the 9 is a fine score was really on that strength.

I'm not martin luther king. I don't have a dream. I have a plan

Sell a man a fish you feed him for a day. Teach a man to fish you just ruined a perfect business opportunity.

We didn't emerge out of the stone age because we ran out of stones. Its time to be proactive not reactive.

then again you got reviews like IGN were they say "best racing sim in the market" and slaps a 8.5......I guess it balance it out no?

Fame_Mcswagg said:
ethomaz said:
binary solo said:
Odd that they say there's no mechanical/performance consequences to damage. I'm still confused about this. Is there or is there not mechanical/performance damage in this game?

There are after progress in game and justo with premium ones.

But it's I read before... my game coming Dec 7.

There is no mechanical damage at this time. It is being patched in this month and it will be in all cars. What I hope is that their is transmission damage for bad shifting. That would put a whole new angle on the game.

This would be freaking awesome if came to fruitition

@xXxProphecyxXx : I preffer a well done review with consistent score than a rushed mixed review... say it's the best that there is and then score it bellow is bull********

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

Around the Network

And then Giant Bomb gives it a 6/10 (3 out of 5). Lowest score of all. While writing this for the summary "A grind-heavy career mode and inconsistent visuals keep this otherwise fantastic driving simulation from finishing first."

"otherwise FANTASTIC driving simulator"? how many games with a 60% rating are associated with that sort of superlative?

When Rotten Tomatoes collated game reviews any score below a 7/10 was considered a "rotten" rating. So on that basis GT5 has 46 good reviews and one bad review.

Even Edge gave it a 7.

“The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.” - Bertrand Russell

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace."

Jimi Hendrix

binary solo said:

"otherwise FANTASTIC driving simulator"? how many games with a 60% rating are associated with that sort of superlative?

Don't you know it doesn't matter what's on the inside, how it looks on the outside is what counts...

Anyway I'm at 38% now, lvl 18 A-spec and the game just keeps getting better and better. It has a slow start, but only goes up from there. Highlights so far for me are the intermediate level snow rally special event and the night race in Toscane in the grand tour.

Some old tracks may look outdated but it is pure nostalgia to race on the HD remake of trial mountain. I'm still angry at the corner which I was stuck on for so long in the license test. Fond memories of slowing down before the last corner, you didn't want to be the first to enter the last corner in a tight splitscreen race. We usually settled on driving into the corner side by side trying to push each other of the track.

You get all the best content from gt1 to gt4 plus 200 new cars and a great selection of new tracks. They could have easily sold the 'old' tracks and 800 standard cars separately as a gt hd collection for an extra 40 bucks instead of integrating all the content into 1 huge game.

Edge giving it a 7/10 was no surprise, I mean how many PS3 games got a 9/10 from edge? once in a blue moon.

XxXProphecyXxX said:

Edge giving it a 7/10 was no surprise, I mean how many PS3 games got a 9/10 from edge? once in a blue moon.

The surprise is they didn't gave a 5 or 6... and other one have...

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

I thought it seemed like a fair review. lol