By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - First Day Sales Numbers Of Monster Hunter Portable 3rd and Tales of Graces F

First Day Sales Numbers Of Monster Hunter Portable 3rd and Tales of Graces F

Link: http://thesilentchief.com/2010/12/03/first-day-sales-numbers-of-monster-hunter-portable-3rd-and-tales-of-graces-f/

First Day Sales Numbers Of Monster Hunter Portable 3rd and Tales of Graces F

It’s no secret that Capcom’s Monster Hunter franchise is popular in Japan. This week thousands of fans waited in line for the series’ third release on the PSP. Monster Hunter Portable 3rd went on sale December 1st in Japan and quickly sold over 90% of it’s initial shipment. 

Day one sales of MHP3rd came in at 365,000. Week one sales of the game may be close to the 520,000 units  Monster Hunter Tri sold for the Wii back in 2009.

The enhanced PS3 port of the once Wii exclusive, Tales of Graces, went on sale a day after Monster Hunter 3rd and according to reports the rpg move only 42,000 copies.

In comparison, first day sales of the Wii version released on December 10th  2009 in Japan were twice as much, coming in at 113,000 copies sold.

Monster Hunter 3rd and Tales of Grace F were the only two notable releases in Japan for the week.Total day one sales of other games, including Namco Bandia’s Kamen Rider: Climax Heroes OOO ( a game based off of the popular Kamen Rider Series in Japan) for the Wii and PSP were 5,000, with the PSP version outpacing it’s Wii counterpart.

Around the Network

Wow.  I'd have thought they'd sold more.  The last PSP release sold close to 900k first week.

You do not have the right to never be offended.

didnt it have about 1.9 million pre orders according to vgc?

Being in 3rd place never felt so good

zgamer5 said:

Some were predicting the biggest opening of all time.

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=117067

Anyone can guess. It takes no effort to throw out lots of predictions and have some of them be correct. You are not and wiser or better for having your guesses be right. Even a blind man can hit the bullseye.

i also thought they'd sell more

don't mind my username, that was more than 10 years ago, I'm a different person now, amazing how people change ^_^

Around the Network
zgamer5 said:

Yeah apparently so, at least that's what Japan preview kept saying. Along with the possibility of being one of biggest launches this yr. 

90% of the initial shipment sold? And how it can be that low? I doubt Capcom shipped so little. 

something's not right....

don't mind my username, that was more than 10 years ago, I'm a different person now, amazing how people change ^_^

fake

I don't trust this numbers, they seem pretty low for both games. I could not believe Capcom shipped less than 500k, that's the number of preordered games back in September I think! Plus all the lines in the streets...and looking at the previous entries...how could this be possible? Well...now the chances of Pokemon B/W to have the best FW in Japan by the end of the gen are increasing.

CURRENTLY PLAYING: Xenoblade (Wii), Super mario 3D land (3DS), Guild Wars (PC)